Windows 10: Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center "The assigned command is not available, please reassign it"

Discus and support Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center "The assigned command is not available, please reassign it" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Randomly, and with no consistency, a pop-up box from "itype.exe" will appear with the message "The assigned command is not available, please reassign... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Stack_Man, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Stack_Man Win User

Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center "The assigned command is not available, please reassign it"

Randomly, and with no consistency, a pop-up box from "itype.exe" will appear with the message "The assigned command is not available, please reassign it"

Choosing "cancel" or trying to exit the pop-up only causes it to immediately reappear.

Choosing "ok" opens the Mouse and Keyboard Center. Nothing there seems to resolve the issue.

The only "solution" I've found is to forcibly close "itype.exe" with Task Manager, but this only lasts until my next restart. It also disables all of the center's keyboard settings, so I'd prefer to find a better solution.

And to be clear, this pop-up isn't triggered by any specific key or combination of keys. It's even appeared while I wasn't using my computer at all. It's very annoying since it interrupts everything I'm doing whenever it appears.

:)

Stack_Man, Apr 4, 2020
  2. Anna Bon Win User

Reassign shorcut

Let us perform some other process. You can reassign some keys to access different commands, shortcuts, or Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center features to better fit your work style.

Please note that the options listed in this wizard vary depending on the key selected. For example, since you cannot reassign the Windows key, the only option available is to disable it. To reassign a key, please follow the steps below:

• Using the keyboard that you want to configure, start Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center.
    • From the displayed list of key names, select the key you want to reassign.
    • In the command list of the key that you want to reassign, select a command.

Let us know the outcome of the steps provided.

Thank you.

Anna Bon, Apr 4, 2020
  3. Romel Ram Win User
    Ctrl+Shift+S has been reassigned

Hi,

It is possible that this is a conflict with assigning the hot keys. To properly assist you with your concern, kindly verify the following:

• Can you give us the steps that you take to re-assign the shortcut key?
    • Are you using a Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center? If yes, you can refer to this
      link.

We're looking forward to your response.

Romel Ram, Apr 4, 2020
  4. Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center "The assigned command is not available, please reassign it"

Mouse and keyboard center

I downloaded the mouse and keyboard center to be able to reassign a key. I was told it only works with Windows 10 pro. Is there any other way to reassign a keyboard key without Windows pro?

DavidGibson2, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center "The assigned command is not available, please reassign it"

1. Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center "The assigned command is not available, please reassign it" - Similar Threads - Microsoft Mouse Keyboard

2. Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center forgets assignments

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center forgets assignments: I assign "My Favorites" keys 2 and 3 to use macros I created. After a while sometimes the same day, sometimes after a few days, the assignments - one of them or both - are forgotten and the keys return to their original assignment which is opening the 2nd and 3rd apps from...
  3. Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center forgets assignments

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center forgets assignments: I assign "My Favorites" keys 2 and 3 to use macros I created. After a while sometimes the same day, sometimes after a few days, the assignments - one of them or both - are forgotten and the keys return to their original assignment which is opening the 2nd and 3rd apps from...
  4. Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard center settings - back and forward buttons assignment...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard center settings - back and forward buttons assignment...: Hi there.Based on a thread started on Mar 2013 Thread I am popping up this issue again. Today we have Oct 2021 and this is still not solved.Mouse Sculpt Comfort slider buttons functionality is always reset to defaults after PC launch restart, sleep, hibernation despite of the...
  5. Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard center settings - back and forward buttons assignment reseting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard center settings - back and forward buttons assignment reseting...: Hi there.Based on a thread started on Mar 2013 Thread I am popping up this issue again. Today we have Oct 2021 and this is still not solved.Mouse Sculpt Comfort slider buttons functionality is always reset to defaults after PC launch restart, sleep, hibernation despite of the...
  6. Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center

Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center: Hi there I am currently working form home on a work provided computer and would like to use the keyboards and mice I currently have that are: Microsoft Bluetooth Ergonomic Mouse, Microsoft Designer Compact Keyboard and New Microsoft Number Pad. I have used them without...
  7. Microsoft Keyboard assigned Keys in Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center not working on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Keyboard assigned Keys in Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center not working on...: I've mapped the Browser Back button to: Copy Ctrl+C, and theBrowser Forward Button to: Paste Ctrl-V in the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center for a Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000. This a great use of those two buttons as I never use them for the default purpose, but when...
  8. microsoft mouse & keyboard center

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    microsoft mouse & keyboard center: I have a Logitech wireless mouse and keyboard, so am I correct that the MICROSOFT MOUSE & KEYBOARD CENTER utility can safely be uninstalled? Thanks, Dan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-mouse-keyboard-center/1d1eed96-6ce3-4e1a-bb00-c1728b42eb72
  9. Microsoft keyboard and Mouse center

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft keyboard and Mouse center: My old keyboard was failing, so I bought a new one. Can I export the Macros I have created and then import them for my new computer? The drop downs did not have a choice for this error, I apologize if they confuse my question....
  10. Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard center

Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard center: customizable buttons/keys don't work in programs which runs under the certain conditions of compatibility modes, or if program runs with administrative privilege... making administrative privilege to "itype.exe & ipoint.exe & mousekeyboardcenter.exe" does not help... as...