Windows 10: Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard center

Discus and support Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard center in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; customizable buttons/keys don't work in programs which runs under the certain conditions of compatibility modes, or if program runs with administrative... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by krasev, Oct 22, 2015.

1. krasev Win User

Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard center

customizable buttons/keys don't work in programs which runs under the certain conditions of compatibility modes, or if program runs with administrative privilege...
    making administrative privilege to "itype.exe & ipoint.exe & mousekeyboardcenter.exe" does not help... as well taking ownership of the folder and files of "Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center" does not help either...
    looks like some security problems, but extremely annoying because to work without customizable buttons on the keyboard it's a pain in a neck... strangely but nobody so far is writing about it on this forum...

:)

krasev, Oct 22, 2015

2. Mouse and Keyboard Center Mouse

I have a Microsoft Keyboard and use the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard center to program the buttons. I also have a Microsoft Mouse that is not compatible with the Mouse and Keyboard center. The scrolling is incredibly sensitive and scrolls way too fast now
    and it appears it is because of the center. Is there a way to get my mouse set correctly without uninstalling the center because I would really like it for my keyboard.

WilliamBrinker, Oct 22, 2015
  3. Gemalee Win User
    New All in One Media keyboard states "No device detected" in the Mouse and Keyboard Center.

Help. Bought a All in One keyboard in 2013 and was able to customize the three programmable keys with the Mouse and Keyboard Center software. However, the keyboard recently stopped working.

The new one I purchased from Microsoft in 2017 does not work with the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center mapping features. It was uninstalled and reinstalled to see if that fixed the problem. Nope. The Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center states "No
    device detected". I went to the Microsoft download center and downloaded the most recent download version. Even though the mouse and keyboard work, the three programmable keys still will not map.

Has Microsoft discontinued support for the programmable feature of this keyboard??

Gemalee, Oct 22, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

What are you trying to do? Use custom keys in some apps? Try updating the Intellitype software to the latest version from Microsoft's site. Then make sure that the specific application doesn't override your keyboard settings.

spapakons, Oct 22, 2015
  5. Gary Win User
    I had a Microsoft Wireless keyboard and Mouse and they both never worked properly on Win 10 . I went with a Logitech MK710 KB and a LT MK705 Mouse and they both work great.

6. spapakons Win User
    Another option is to install all updates from Windows Update. Eventually the Intellitype software will be upgraded and you shouldn't have any problem. Remember that latest versions are for USB models. PS/2 models require version 7, if I remember correctly.

spapakons, Oct 22, 2015
  7. krasev Win User
    if program is not under administrative privilege or some compatibility mode, customizable buttons/keys work as they should, however you need to assign administrative privileges to program otherwise the program won't work properly... as an example I am talking about Xplorer2_64.exe (Windows Explorer substitute) or EditPadPro7.exe... in Win10 you have to set administrative privileges to these programs because of this "NT Service\TrustedInstaller" which has got completely unbearable in Win10...

besides it's really gets on nerves... software for Mouse&KBD and hardware and OS belongs one company Microsoft... and it does not work...

krasev, Oct 22, 2015
  8. spapakons Win User

Instead of setting the Admin right permanently, try right-click and Run as Administrator. In some cases setting the Admin rights in the current user account is not enough. To make extra sure, I always set it for all users (this includes TrustedInstaller).

spapakons, Oct 22, 2015
  9. krasev Win User
    mmmm... because of ridiculously inconvenient MS Windows Explorer, I use xplorer2_64.exe as the windows explorer substitute and it's impossible to keep it without administrative privileges... besides it's weird that such basic thing as mouse&KBD of the same company as OS out of work... i wish this would work properly as it should...
    and BTW TrustedInstaller is not a separate user, but it's extremely annoying service "NT Service\TrustedInstaller"

krasev, Oct 22, 2015
  10. krasev Win User
    i have all possible upgrades of Win10 and the latest MS Mouse&KBD Center 2.6.140

BTW MS Mouse&KBD Center 2.6.140 does not show the MS Wheel Optical Mouse (it does not show in Win7 either) and under this version I can not set customizable button for mouse at all, and as I mentioned above, I can not set customizable buttons under the programs running with administrative privileges, however Mouse&KBD Center 2.3.188 shows MS Wheel Optical Mouse... but again customizable buttons work only if program not under administrative privilege or some other compatibility mode...

krasev, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard center - Similar Threads - Microsoft Mouse Keyboard

2. Bug in Microsoft Mouse And Keyboard Center

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bug in Microsoft Mouse And Keyboard Center: Hello!I cannot find official bug reporting form for Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center, so maybe some MS MVP can push this to MS MKC devs to check this out:For some time I had trouble with Ctrl key "locked", but from very beginning I was somehow sure it wasn't hardware issue...
  3. Bug in Microsoft Mouse And Keyboard Center

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bug in Microsoft Mouse And Keyboard Center: Hello!I cannot find official bug reporting form for Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center, so maybe some MS MVP can push this to MS MKC devs to check this out:For some time I had trouble with Ctrl key "locked", but from very beginning I was somehow sure it wasn't hardware issue...
  4. Keyboard and Mouse Center

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard and Mouse Center: Hi, I was playing a video game where F1 was a necessary hot key, but then all of a sudden pressing F1 made my computer go into power saving mode. I wanted to reassign F1 a different function using Keyboard and Mouse Center, but it says it doesn't detect any devices. I looked...
  5. Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center

Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center: Hi there I am currently working form home on a work provided computer and would like to use the keyboards and mice I currently have that are: Microsoft Bluetooth Ergonomic Mouse, Microsoft Designer Compact Keyboard and New Microsoft Number Pad. I have used them without...
  6. Microsoft Precision Mouse not working with Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center

Microsoft Precision Mouse not working with Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center: Hi, Ever since an update with windows around June, I have noticed that my Microsoft Surface Precision Mouse behaving erratically. 1 The smart switch feature has been slower than before. 2 My macros has been back to default. It was not a problem for me until I opened up...
  7. microsoft mouse & keyboard center

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    microsoft mouse & keyboard center: I have a Logitech wireless mouse and keyboard, so am I correct that the MICROSOFT MOUSE & KEYBOARD CENTER utility can safely be uninstalled? Thanks, Dan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-mouse-keyboard-center/1d1eed96-6ce3-4e1a-bb00-c1728b42eb72
  8. Microsoft keyboard and Mouse center

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft keyboard and Mouse center: My old keyboard was failing, so I bought a new one. Can I export the Macros I have created and then import them for my new computer? The drop downs did not have a choice for this error, I apologize if they confuse my question....
  9. Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center Will Not Load

Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center Will Not Load: I did an upgrade from Build 18362.86 to 18894.1000. Upgrade went fine but would not load the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center. It is a Microsoft Model 5050 keyboard. The keyboard works as far as typing but I have lost the ability to add Macros to the F keys. I have...
  10. Microsoft mouse and Keyboard center thrills

Microsoft mouse and Keyboard center thrills: I've installed (had it for several years) Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard center again today because the mouse suddenly stopped working. Anyway, the program is installed, mouse works flawlessly but I cannot actually open the program itself. I've tried running it in...