Windows 10: Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Centre doesn't detect Designer Bluetooth Deskop

Discus and support Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Centre doesn't detect Designer Bluetooth Deskop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've just set up my "Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop model 1678 & 1679. Thesupport page says to download the Mouse and Keyboard Centre which I did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AshleyJenkins3, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Centre doesn't detect Designer Bluetooth Deskop

I've just set up my "Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop model 1678 & 1679. Thesupport page says to download the Mouse and Keyboard Centre which I did but when launching the application, I get a "No supported device detected" message.

Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Centre doesn't detect Designer Bluetooth Deskop ef556070-8fae-4cd3-b817-f45827e0c2e4?upload=true.jpg

I've installed optional updated from Windows Update but cannot seem to get the software to recognise my keyboard or mouse even after a system restart.

:)

AshleyJenkins3, Nov 16, 2020

2. Bluetooth mouse works but not detected by Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse Centre

Hello AnthonyJose, thanks for taking the time to reply to me. Your information was useful tho only indirectly helped to resolve the issue.

The link to determine issues with Bluetooth issues actually contained
    counterproductive
    advice... namely...

>>Step 3: Install the Bluetooth driver from the manufacturer’s website.

>>I suggest you to install the latest Bluetooth driver from the computer manufacturer website.

>>If the driver for Windows 10 is unavailable, you may install the latest driver in compatibility mode.

My blueooth is a CSR dongle, and as i mentioned, the latest CSR drivers were being used. Yet, still the Keyboard and Mouse Centre application failed to detect the mouse to allow me to configure it.

So, the solution? It was to uninstall the manufacturer drivers, and then "Detect hardware changes" within Device manager, to allow the installion of the default Microsoft bluetooth stack.

Now the Mouse Centre can see the mouse and i can configure the gestures.

But of course there's never a free lunch, and the Microsoft bluetooth stack is really very feature poor. I can no longer stream audio, video or use bluetooth headphones *sigh*

Ian Street, Nov 16, 2020
  3. Bluetooth mouse works but not detected by Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse Centre

Hi, i have a Microsoft Sculpt Comfort bluetooth mouse which is working fine in Windows 10, but i'd like to customise/repurpose the blue button and the up/down gentures provided by this button.

The standard mouse control panel app does not allow me to change anything but the most basic mouse operations.

So, i downloaded the Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse centre (https://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/d/sculpt-comfort-mouse) for windows 10-64bit. It installs ok, but does not detect the mouse at all, stating...

No Device Detected

Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center cannot detect a Microsoft device connected to your computer.

This may be because Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center does not automatically detect and configure PS/2, Bluetooth, and some USB devices. 

The bluetooth dongle is CSR 4.0, with latest CSR drivers loaded. And there are no hardware faults. There are no devices in device manager with a driver warning.

The mouse operates normally, but the up/down gentures dont seem to do anything useful in Win10.

What can i do to customise this button? The Microsoft app, on Microsoft OS doesnt detect a microsoft Mouse!

Thanks

Ian Street, Nov 16, 2020
  4. Patson Go Win User

Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Centre doesn't detect Designer Bluetooth Deskop

Unable to connect Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop keyboard and mouse.

Dear All,

I have just got my set of Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse Designer as well.

yes indeed it can be quite tricky.....

the best option I personally recommend is :

1. Go to your device manager

2. Under Bluetooth, scroll down the list of devices present there.

3. Perform a manual driver update (right click every single device) for all items there.

4. Restart your PC.

5. Discover your Microsoft Designer Bluetooth mouse and keyboard (before the update in Step 3, I have removed all the Microsoft designer mouse and keyboard drivers / removed the devices). - this time round, it should connect.

I am using a Lenovo Thinkpad T450s on Windows 10 64 bit using the Intel Bluetooth LE generic hardware.

hope this helps folks....

Patson Go, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Centre doesn't detect Designer Bluetooth Deskop

1. Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Centre doesn't detect Designer Bluetooth Deskop - Similar Threads - Microsoft Mouse Keyboard

2. Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse: Hi All,I know this question has been asked before, but I've found the answers don't provide any solution or clarity on why this fault is happening.The keyboard or mouse at occasionally disconnects from the computer, it remains paired and there appears to be no way to fix the...
  3. Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse: Hi All,I know this question has been asked before, but I've found the answers don't provide any solution or clarity on why this fault is happening.The keyboard or mouse at occasionally disconnects from the computer, it remains paired and there appears to be no way to fix the...
  4. Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot connect Bluetooth Microsoft Design keyboard and mouse

Cannot connect Bluetooth Microsoft Design keyboard and mouse: I have just purchased a Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop, but when I try to connect it my computer is very new and the Bluetooth is 4 or newer - as the LMP is 8.4352.When I try to install the keyboard and mouse they turn up under Add a device, but when selecting it first...
  6. Designer Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard

Designer Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard: My designer microsoft keyboard and mouse has been working perfectly for months. Today I moved from a hotel back to my apartment. When trying to re"pair" the devices only the mouse could be found. On the keyboard latest design there is no power button or pairing button. I have...
  7. Microsoft Bluetooth designer mouse and keyboard

Microsoft Bluetooth designer mouse and keyboard: Hello, A few days ago, I purchased the set. Now, it works perfectly and still on 100% both of them, but my problem is this: Sometimes when I go Idle and come back, the keyboard or mouse won't wake up... Sometimes 1 of them and sometimes both. And there are some rare times...
  8. Mouse and keyboard center is not detecting my Microsoft Designer Bluetooth mouse

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mouse and keyboard center is not detecting my Microsoft Designer Bluetooth mouse: I have a perfectly working windows 10 pro laptop , 64-bit and a Microsoft Designer Bluetooth mouse working perfectly. Yet the dumb Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard center is not detecting my mouse. Check the picture below. Since this is such an old issue, since I installed...
  9. Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Mouse

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Mouse: So, yes again another question about this mouse. I can't connect this mouse to the windows 10 x64 But can connect without any problems : *) to the same computer running ubuntu 16.04 LTS *) to smartphone huawei p10 lite I followed to all possible solutions: *) updating...
  10. Microsoft Designer keyboard and mouse

Microsoft Designer keyboard and mouse: Hi there , I'm trying to pair my disgner keyboard and mouse to a bluetooth 2.0 stick, the keyboard and the mouse don't show on the pairing list . Q: is this problem caused by the bluetooth 2.0 because it's an older version ? Thanks in Advanced...