Windows 10: Microsoft Movie Maker versus Windows 10 Video Editor

Discus and support Microsoft Movie Maker versus Windows 10 Video Editor in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I understand Microsoft has stopped supporting Movie Maker. However, I have continued using it and it still satisfies my video edit needs to create... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by OutdoorSteve, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Microsoft Movie Maker versus Windows 10 Video Editor

I understand Microsoft has stopped supporting Movie Maker. However, I have continued using it and it still satisfies my video edit needs to create videos. I do feel continue using Movie Maker without Microsoft support may come back to haunt me.

I just heard there is a Windows 10 Video Editor that is part of my Windows 10. I searched my PC with Windows 10, and indeed I have Video Editor.

A Windows 10 Youtube video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbSsGf-RLdU, seems to say the Windows 10 Video Editor is meant as a replacement for Movie Maker. Is this true?

Should I learn this new release as it will have most, or even more, editing features to create a video that are available in Movie Maker.

Thank you.

:)

OutdoorSteve, Aug 24, 2019
  2. spencerwa Win User

Movie Maker/Video Editor?

I can't find a good video editor that's compatible with a Windows computer. It seems like the only decent program out there now is iMovie since Windows Movie Maker is gone. The only things I can find now are low-quality video editing apps deisgned for
    mobile devices, or super complicated professional-grade programs that are too confusing to use. Does anyone have any recommendation for a replacement for Movie Maker?

spencerwa, Aug 24, 2019
  3. Video/Movie editor for Windows 10

I tried downloading Windows Movie Maker for my recently upgraded Windows 10 but it is not compatible.

Kindly suggest a good Movie editor as well as a Photo editor (free downloads)

Thanks

skkamath.india, Aug 24, 2019
  4. Bree Win User

Microsoft Movie Maker versus Windows 10 Video Editor

What is the most basic video editor outside of Widows Movie Maker?

Movie Maker 6.0? That must be a very old version. (edit: dates back to Vista, I have now found out.)

I use Movie Maker 2012 in Windows 10 and that seems to still be fully functional. Although you can no longer download 'Windows Essentials 2012' from Microsoft (the package which included Movie Maker), MiniTools offer a repackaged download of just Movie Maker 2012.

Welcome to use Windows Movie Maker

If you want 'basic' then why not try MIcrosoft's advice and use Windows 10's Photos app, now with video editing capabilities included.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...e-for-download

Thema:

Microsoft Movie Maker versus Windows 10 Video Editor

1. Microsoft Movie Maker versus Windows 10 Video Editor - Similar Threads - Microsoft Movie Maker

2. Movie Maker - Video Editor PRO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Movie Maker - Video Editor PRO: Hello, I bought Movie Maker - Video Editor PRO today, order number 6464181728. Unfortunately something was wrong and I could not download the program. I don't want to buy it anymore. Please refund me the money. Regards, H. Chung Mr.E-mail: *** Email address is removed for...
  3. Movie Maker - Video Editor PRO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Movie Maker - Video Editor PRO: Hello, I bought Movie Maker - Video Editor PRO today, order number 6464181728. Unfortunately something was wrong and I could not download the program. I don't want to buy it anymore. Please refund me the money. Regards, H. Chung Mr.E-mail: *** Email address is removed for...
  4. Microsoft Movie Maker

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Movie Maker: When I turn on either anti shake and or wobble correction on any M4 video clips, when I replay the clip there is no image just a black view. What should I be doing? Saving the video does not make any difference!...
  5. Editing a video in movie maker

Editing a video in movie maker: Hi, I am trying to trim a video in the movie maker app, but when I cut the video to where I want and save it, it just saves the whole video again. How can I cut the video into the section I want and save only that portion and delete the rest?...
  6. Windows Video Editor! (Not Movie Maker)

Windows Video Editor! (Not Movie Maker): Whenever I go to open an mp4 file onto the video editor, it pops up with the following message: 'These files have properties that can't be read, so we couldn't add them: Frappe.mov - Copy.mp4.' If someone could assist me on how to fix this problem, that'd be great!...
  7. Microsoft movie maker 10

Microsoft movie maker 10: i want link for movie maker 10 to download it urgent plz send me the link to download it easily its not installing thankyou https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-movie-maker-10/93c5e768-136b-48fc-a2c1-5ce799deb623
  8. What is the most basic video editor outside of Widows Movie Maker?

What is the most basic video editor outside of Widows Movie Maker?: Hello, I'm new here. I managed to re-install movie maker 6.0 onto my Windows 10 laptop, but some of the features have ceased to work. What are some easy-to-use video editor alternatives that are good for beginners? 123654
  9. Microsoft Movie Maker

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Movie Maker: The Microsoft Movie Maker was able to grab images from videos and convert them to .jpg. Does the new replacement do this? I couldn't find it based on how Movie Maker worked....
  10. Windows Movie Maker video problems....

Windows Movie Maker video problems....: Does anyone use or has used Windows Movie Maker which is a great little video editing programme ? I know it was designed for Win 7 but in the link below it says suitable for Win 10 but having tried all I know for some reason I still can't get it to work at all. Virtual...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. movie maker versus video editor