Windows 10: Microsoft name changed

Discus and support Microsoft name changed in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My Microsoft name was changed on my account to a person that I don't know and I had to change my password before I could login. After getting on my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Karen Wortham, May 20, 2020.

1. Microsoft name changed

My Microsoft name was changed on my account to a person that I don't know and I had to change my password before I could login. After getting on my computer the screen is flashing ever 2 seconds. I disconnected the internet and unplugged it. What happened? Has someone taken over my computer?

:)

Karen Wortham, May 20, 2020

2. name changes??

If you desire a name change please do the following:

• Ask yourself if you really need a name change.
    • Make sure you have a good reason.
    • Know what you want your new name to be before you request a name change.
    • Send Urlyin a PM containing a decent explanation of your reason as well as your desired name.

Polaris573, May 20, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 20, 2020
  4. Kreij Win User

Microsoft name changed

name changes??

How about TPU_Moms_Rule.

Just a suggestion *Smile Microsoft name changed :)

I agree with most people. Mod assisted name changes only.

Kreij, May 20, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft name changed

1. Microsoft name changed - Similar Threads - Microsoft name changed

2. Is Microsoft going to change their name?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Microsoft going to change their name?: They've had the same name for a long time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-microsoft-going-to-change-their-name/c600ffb1-e85c-47c5-b335-79c9a3217544
  3. Is Microsoft going to change their name?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Microsoft going to change their name?: They've had the same name for a long time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-microsoft-going-to-change-their-name/c600ffb1-e85c-47c5-b335-79c9a3217544
  4. Microsoft Account Name changed suddenly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account Name changed suddenly: Before I took my 2 hours break, I let my PC as it is. When I got back, I had to log in before I was able to access desktop as usual.It shocked me when I saw that my username had been changed to "Gilang Putra". I immediately checked to the Microsoft website to see if there was...
  5. Microsoft Account Name changed suddenly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Account Name changed suddenly: Before I took my 2 hours break, I let my PC as it is. When I got back, I had to log in before I was able to access desktop as usual.It shocked me when I saw that my username had been changed to "Gilang Putra". I immediately checked to the Microsoft website to see if there was...
  6. Change Display Name Microsoft Account?

Change Display Name Microsoft Account?: On my family computer I am the only admin and I want to change my user account display name to admin. I signed into my Microsoft account for the user so I could manage family stuff from there, But it automatically sets my logon display name as James Hatcher. The name of the...
  7. Name changed to Microsoft 365

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Name changed to Microsoft 365: I do not want to change or do mirco 365. Please leave things alone! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/name-changed-to-microsoft-365/e74acc3d-6a3a-4735-b7ee-1ddf7ef19766
  8. how to change the name of a Microsoft account

how to change the name of a Microsoft account: how to change the name of a Microsoft account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-name-of-a-microsoft-account/829f73d5-b7a8-4fea-be12-36b45befaaa7
  9. Changing the name on a Microsoft account and changing the administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing the name on a Microsoft account and changing the administrator: I am using my deceased father in laws PC. The Microsoft account is his and I do not have his password so I cannot download apps etc. How do I change that? Also, he is established as administrator and I want to change that to myself. Is there a way to do that without...
  10. Change Name at top of Microsoft Products

Change Name at top of Microsoft Products: Good Morning, I've been trying to amend my profile name that appears at the top of the Microsoft products. I have logged into Microsoft and updated/edited the proper name, however the old name still appears at the top of the products when I open, for example, Word or...