Windows 10: Microsoft native apps won't open.

Discus and support Microsoft native apps won't open. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; None of the native Microsoft Apps will open. They all will close/crash shortly after the outline of the App pops up. Some of the apps that crash are... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Kynd9, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Kynd9 Win User

Microsoft native apps won't open.

None of the native Microsoft Apps will open. They all will close/crash shortly after the outline of the App pops up. Some of the apps that crash are Microsoft Store, Mail, Maps, Calendar, Photos, Groove Music, Xbox etc.

I have tried a number of fixes, including:

• Trying to reset the affected apps
    • Using the troubleshooter feature on the Windows Store Apps
      • It says "Hanging or Crashing Apps" fixed, but nothing is fixed
    • Running Windows in Clean Mode, the same issue persisted
      • Trying this somehow disable the Setting buttons from the start menu. Clicking on it does nothing, however, I can still access the setting after adding it to the system tray
    • running "wsreset" in Command Prompt
    • Running a host of other things in Command Prompt that I found on YouTube.

I would rather not have to reset Windows and have to go through the laborious process of reinstalling all my programs and settings, if possible.

Thanks in advance for any help.

:)

Kynd9, Apr 16, 2019

2. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Apr 16, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Microsoft native apps won't open. :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Apr 16, 2019
  4. Microsoft native apps won't open.

3D Builder app won`t stay opened

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I'll surely help you with the issue that you face.

Did you make any changes to your computer prior to this?

You may first of all run the Windows store apps troubleshooter and check.

Try these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Click view all in the left panel.
    • Select ‘Windows store apps' and follow the on-screen instructions.

You may also update the app through the Windows store if there is an update available, which fixes minor crashes and bugs.

Hope this post helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Apr 16, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft native apps won't open.

1. Microsoft native apps won't open. - Similar Threads - Microsoft native apps

2. Microsoft apps won't open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft apps won't open.: Hi there, I was attempting to open the windows mail app but when I try to open it it flashes on the taskbar like it is going to open but then immediately closes. I was attempting to uninstall and reinstall it to fix the problem when I discovered that the microsoft store has...
  3. Microsoft apps won't open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft apps won't open.: Hi there, I was attempting to open the windows mail app but when I try to open it it flashes on the taskbar like it is going to open but then immediately closes. I was attempting to uninstall and reinstall it to fix the problem when I discovered that the microsoft store has...
  4. Microsoft apps won't open.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Microsoft News app won't open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft News app won't open: Why won't the Microsoft News app work on my Windows 10 laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-news-app-wont-open/c393bb31-c4c6-451a-9115-1ed69ebfc3a8
  6. Microsoft Photos App won't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos App won't open: Hallo everybody! I experienced some problem with my laptop. Every time I tried to open the Microsoft Photos App it won't open. I am aware that all my photos are safe in my computer but the use of the app was very friendly and easy to manage and I really would like to have...
  7. Win10 Native Apps not opening.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 Native Apps not opening.: My friend is having an issue where his windows 10 native apps are not opening. Microsoft Store opens for a split second and then closes. This happened after problems with PSO2 and I heavily suspect he messed with his WindowsApp folder. I've had him try running PowerShell...
  8. Microsoft Store and Apps won't open

Microsoft Store and Apps won't open: So for the past two weeks I've been trying every solution i could find with no luck including resetting windows 10 and all of my apps and programs. I just don't know what to do at this point, all help is needed and appreciated....
  9. Microsoft Camera App Won't Open

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Camera App Won't Open: Microsoft Camera App on Dell Laptop won't open. I have gone under settings to reset the App but it doesn't reset to allow use of the App. Help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-camera-app-wont-open/4ef88e91-d7e2-4e6a-b3dd-b970870d1052
  10. Microsoft Apps won't open

Microsoft Apps won't open: Hello Microsoft Community, I've been trying for a whole week now to get the Microsoft apps to work. Not a single pre-installed app will work. I tried sfc scans, and DISM commands. They al lgive me that there is no problem with my system. I've also tried Get-AppXPackage |...