Windows 10: Microsoft native apps won't open.

Discus and support Microsoft native apps won't open. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; None of the native Microsoft Apps will open. They all will close/crash shortly after the outline of the App pops up. Some of the apps that crash are... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Kynd9, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Kynd9 Win User

Microsoft native apps won't open.

None of the native Microsoft Apps will open. They all will close/crash shortly after the outline of the App pops up. Some of the apps that crash are Microsoft Store, Mail, Maps, Calendar, Photos, Groove Music, Xbox etc.

I have tried a number of fixes, including:

• Trying to reset the affected apps
    • Using the troubleshooter feature on the Windows Store Apps
      • It says "Hanging or Crashing Apps" fixed, but nothing is fixed
    • Running Windows in Clean Mode, the same issue persisted
      • Trying this somehow disable the Setting buttons from the start menu. Clicking on it does nothing, however, I can still access the setting after adding it to the system tray
    • running "wsreset" in Command Prompt
    • Running a host of other things in Command Prompt that I found on YouTube.

I would rather not have to reset Windows and have to go through the laborious process of reinstalling all my programs and settings, if possible.

Thanks in advance for any help.

:)

Kynd9, Apr 16, 2019

2. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Apr 16, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Microsoft native apps won't open. :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Apr 16, 2019
  4. Microsoft native apps won't open.

3D Builder app won`t stay opened

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I'll surely help you with the issue that you face.

Did you make any changes to your computer prior to this?

You may first of all run the Windows store apps troubleshooter and check.

Try these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Click view all in the left panel.
    • Select ‘Windows store apps' and follow the on-screen instructions.

You may also update the app through the Windows store if there is an update available, which fixes minor crashes and bugs.

Hope this post helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Apr 16, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft native apps won't open.

1. Microsoft native apps won't open. - Similar Threads - Microsoft native apps

2. Apps won't open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps won't open: Hi! So, I recently updated to windows 10. It's going nice and smoothly for a few months until my sister borrowed it. I don't know if she did anything to it, but she told me that it kept restaring after that. So, she decided to perform system restore hoping that it would fix...
  3. Maps app won't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Maps app won't open: When i open the app it launch but after a few seconds it close by itself! Any fix please ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/maps-app-wont-open/f7cfd655-587b-418a-a488-3d0e4011064b
  4. Microsoft Store and most apps from or related to Microsoft won't open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Store and most apps from or related to Microsoft won't open: This has been happening since last night. I was messing with the permissions and ownerships of the WindowsApps folder in Program Files so I could have better access to it, and I suddenly wasn't able to open several apps, such as the Microsoft Store, Minecraft, Slack, Get...
  5. microsoft edge won't open from app

microsoft edge won't open from app: Microsoft Edge not working.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-wont-open-from-app/e8ad81e9-64a3-4a39-8e74-f8d7777c6ec3
  6. Why won't my Microsoft Jigsaw app open?

Why won't my Microsoft Jigsaw app open?: When I try to open MS Jigsaw, the big burgundy screen opens and just sits there. I don't want to re-install the app because off all of the puzzles I have accumulated and I don't know if that will interfere with my prime user status....
  7. Settings app won't open

Settings app won't open: every time i try to open the settings app it shows that the app is open but it's just invisible its like the app isn't open and i cant do anything in it...
  8. mail app won't open

mail app won't open: My mail won't open in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_cal/mail-app-wont-open/3b0339c6-64af-4e8b-a721-60186a20a44e
  9. Universal Apps won't open

Universal Apps won't open: Since an update yesterday my universal apps (including Photos) won't open. I get the message 'Photos can't be opened using the Built in Administrator Account. Sign in with a different account and try again.' Same message with other apps. I don't have the built in...
  10. Microsoft native app updates today

Microsoft native app updates today: MS seems to be having a field day updating the native apps at the moment, virtually all the native ones have updates available over last couple days so if your store update settings are set to manual you might want to run a check. About the only one i reckon I haven't seen is...