Windows 10: Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 inputs wrong characters

Discus and support Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 inputs wrong characters in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have bought and used the Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard since it was made. I started a new job and had them order me one. The space bar did not work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kerri Messier, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 inputs wrong characters

I have bought and used the Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard since it was made. I started a new job and had them order me one. The space bar did not work. They had it replaced and the second one worked for two weeks. Now keys don't work (the enter key, c, y, u, i o; keypad keys /, *, -). When I select z it types x, the ., 2, and 4 type ./24 when selected. Why is this happening? My company will not replace it again and I don't want to pay for something I would be using at work.

***Title modified from: Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000***

:)

Kerri Messier, Dec 19, 2018

2. How to program the Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 in Windows 10?

I too have a Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000, which I have happily been using with Windows 7. Upon upgrading to Windows 10, the programmable hot keys were no longer functional, nor the extended numberpad keys ("=", "(", ")", Backspace). I tracked
    down my installation disk (IntelliType Pro 2.2), only to be informed that this software does not run on Windows 10.

Sounds like bad news. No. I found the "Mouse and Keyboard Center 2.7 64-bit (exe)" at
    https://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/d/natural-ergonomic-keyboard-4000. Works a treat.

Now if only I could get Windows 10 to stop automatically changing my input mode from US keyboard to INTL keyboard!

Cheers.

GooseArnold, Dec 19, 2018
  3. George222(2), Dec 19, 2018
  4. Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 inputs wrong characters

can I use a Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 with an HP Pavilion 17 Notebook PC?

Hi Arthur,

You can check with your computer's manufacturer if the keyboard is compatible with their device. You can also visit this
    article
    for the system requirements of Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000.

If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to share them with us here. Your input is very much welcome in our Community.

Michelle Vil, Dec 19, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 inputs wrong characters

1. Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 inputs wrong characters - Similar Threads - Microsoft Natural Ergonomic

2. Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000: Has the Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 finally been discontinued? It's been my go-to for work and home for about 20 years. When I find it online these days, it's for a ridiculous price....
  3. Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000: Has the Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 finally been discontinued? It's been my go-to for work and home for about 20 years. When I find it online these days, it's for a ridiculous price....
  4. Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Ergonomic Natural 4000 keyboard problem

Microsoft Ergonomic Natural 4000 keyboard problem: I have been using this keyboard since 2008 and had no problems. I last used it on the 30th July 2021 and when I used it this morning some of the keys was not working. I was thinking that it might be a hardware problem and swopped it with my wives Microsoft Ergonomic Natural...
  6. Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000

Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000: Please could you advise the model name and number of the ergo keyboard that has now replaced the natural ergo 4000? Thanks so much. * Moved from advertising...
  7. Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000

Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000: Is there a mute/unmute button on this keyboard? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-natural-ergonomic-keyboard-4000/abd72a9e-439e-4be5-828f-3656fddf2735
  8. Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 v1.0

Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 v1.0: This Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 v1.0 S/N 7687607663434 types every other character, except for the letter "R" either upper or lower case. The letter "r" returns nothing on two different PC's. This keyboard was received on 12/17/2019. How do I get it...
  9. Mistypning Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000

Mistypning Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000: I recently made a P, and got a Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 to go with it. Last night, I noticed that when I tried to click one of the keys, it kept going or wouldn't register. Here are the trouble keys: l=kl; k=kl; ;=kl; r=wer e=wer w=wer on the number...
  10. Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000

Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000: I have bought and used the Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard since it was made. I started a new job and had them order me one. The space bar did not work. They had it replaced and the second one worked for two weeks. Now keys don't work (the enter key, c, y, u, i o; keypad keys /,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i get = key to work on microsoft 4000 ergonomic keyboard

2. why is microsoft ergonomic keyboard adding extra charaters and wont backspace

3. Microsoft keyboard 4000 wrong letters/