Windows 10: Microsoft need to get their act together

Discus and support Microsoft need to get their act together in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I had read an article that title Microsoft is quietly forcing customers to upgrade to the 1903 build "the bug infested build" even they know that the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Grow Up Gamer, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Microsoft need to get their act together

I had read an article that title Microsoft is quietly forcing customers to upgrade to the 1903 build "the bug infested build" even they know that the build is still infested with bug. like the start menu freeze within 5 minutues logging back into window after turning back on the computer.

I am not the only user that encounter this problem and Microsoft can't force anyone to upgrade to the bug version of Windows unless they decide to release new bug to the customers computer with 1809 build - if so, that is an illegal tactic and the company will force their user-base to move to the competation

here is the article where I got the news from :

https://www.computerworld.com/article/3404323/microsoft-cranks-up-windows-10-1803-to-1903-forcible-upgrades.html

hey Microsoft, if you read this stop forcing your customer to upgrade even the problem is not yet resolved for customer that used the first generation AMD Ryzen processor. We don't have the money to upgrade to Intel or the 2000 AMD processor.

This will add to your reputation that Microsoft Window is the buggiest operating system in the computer industry

:)

Grow Up Gamer, Jun 22, 2019

2. ACT Pro 2013 will not open in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

The most likely causes on a standalone are a damaged or invalid .pad file or SQL is not running, or is damaged.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Click your Windows Start button, choose Run and type in actdiag.

• When ACT! Diagnostics comes up, click Databases, the Database List.

• Locate your database in the list, right-click on it and select Detach. Make sure you know the filepath to your database before detaching it.

• When the database has been detached, open My Computer (or Windows Explorer) and browse to the location of your database.

• Locate the .PAD file for your database [database name].pad and delete it.

• Reopen ACT!...you will get a message that the last database opened cannot found, then will be taken to the Open Database dialog box.

• At the bottom of this box, change the Files of Type to .adf, browse to the location of your database and double-click on the .adf file for your database.

• You will get a message that ACT! will verify your database, click OK and ACT will reattach your database to SQL and create a new .pad file.

• Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Jun 22, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 22, 2019
  4. AndreePin Win User

Microsoft need to get their act together

AndreePin, Jun 22, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft need to get their act together

1. Microsoft need to get their act together - Similar Threads - Microsoft need act

2. Keys are Acting Strange and Will Not Work Together.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keys are Acting Strange and Will Not Work Together.: Certain keys on my keyboard wont work when one key is held down and the other is pressed. For example, to get a capital X, I can hold down left **** and press x to get X, but this doesn't work with left shift and z. The two keys wont work together, but will seperatley. This...
  3. Keys are Acting Strange and Will Not Work Together.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keys are Acting Strange and Will Not Work Together.: Certain keys on my keyboard wont work when one key is held down and the other is pressed. For example, to get a capital X, I can hold down left **** and press x to get X, but this doesn't work with left shift and z. The two keys wont work together, but will seperatley. This...
  4. Keys are Acting Strange and Will Not Work Together.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Keys are Acting Weird and Won't type together at the Same Time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keys are Acting Weird and Won't type together at the Same Time: When I am typing, certain key combinations act strange. When you type and you are holding down one key then press another, the second key you press shows up. Hold down t and hit y, you will get "ty" However, when I try this with q and w it doesn't work. If I'm holding q, I...
  6. Keys are Acting Weird and Won't type together at the Same Time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keys are Acting Weird and Won't type together at the Same Time: When I am typing, certain key combinations act strange. When you type and you are holding down one key then press another, the second key you press shows up. Hold down t and hit y, you will get "ty" However, when I try this with q and w it doesn't work. If I'm holding q, I...
  7. PLEASE i need help with microsoft store acting up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PLEASE i need help with microsoft store acting up: Hi! i am trying to download Age of empires definitive edition on microsoft store,which BTW is a game pass game(that detail might be important later) and i have a small list of problems which have had me scratching my head for the last 6 days.. right now, the main problem is...
  8. Windows Insider needs to get their sh*t together

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Insider needs to get their sh*t together: A few months back I joined windows insider as the "early features" was pretty intriguing. I have had no issues, or had no issues. Yesterday my pc did the unthinkable. When I booted it up I was greeted with the horrifying Green Screen of Death. I am not sure what error message...
  9. why is Windows 10 so bad, and it cannot yet get its act together?

why is Windows 10 so bad, and it cannot yet get its act together?: Here;s my beef with Windows 10: A Since I installed Windows 10 a couple of years ago I have experienced continuous problems connecting my laptop to my home's wifi network. A1. For starters, one would assume that "connect automatically" means connecting to that network...
  10. Windows/Microsoft really needs to get it together!

Windows/Microsoft really needs to get it together!: About 2 years ago I got my first laptop for christmas. One year pass and nothing seemed to be wrong. A couple of months pass and there a lot of things wrong! Lets fast forward to today. I updated a driver and now I have less than 1 gb of space left! It wont let me go back and...