Windows 10: Microsoft needs to fix their dysfunctional Support department!

Discus and support Microsoft needs to fix their dysfunctional Support department! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Microsoft needs to fix their dysfunctional Support department! I called Windows Support at 5:45 p.m. because computer #2 started up all on its own... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WayneCarpenter- [O365], Jul 6, 2018.

1. Microsoft needs to fix their dysfunctional Support department!

Microsoft needs to fix their dysfunctional Support department! I called Windows Support at 5:45 p.m. because computer #2 started up all on its own again earlier. (This is especially not nice in my bedroom when I am trying to sleep but Microsoft does not care about that! This has happened many times over the years.) A man answered and said he would connect to the correct dept. Case #1432435205. At 5:52 p.m., the transfer was started to correct dept. At 6:22 p.m., Support answered, we talked, I gave him the case number, and he put me on hold and then we started talked again and then I was disconnected at 6:28 p.m.! The man assured me that this time it would be fixed so this wouldn’t happen again. So, I wasted approximately 45 minutes of my time holding a receiver to my ear which actually is NOT good for my neck according to my chiropractor. Although he supposedly had my contact info, he did NOT call back.

This is certainly not the first time this or something like it has happened concerning Microsoft Support.

:)

WayneCarpenter- [O365], Jul 6, 2018
  2. curatia Win User

Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Jul 6, 2018
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 6, 2018
  4. Microsoft needs to fix their dysfunctional Support department!

B3 Phenom support

I checked gigabyte's site on my GA-M57 and it didn't say anything about b3 stepping update, but all of the x3 chips are b3 steppings, so just use the x3 support bios if available.

OzzmanFloyd120, Jul 6, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft needs to fix their dysfunctional Support department!

1. Microsoft needs to fix their dysfunctional Support department! - Similar Threads - Microsoft needs fix

2. Need help with Microsoft support.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with Microsoft support.: Hello, I was working in the program for a few months. I recently learned my files and programs were being fraudulently gone through. Tried contacting Microsoft, but no luck. First with virus’ then a burnt motherboard because of it. Someone was in my system often. Files on...
  3. Need help with Microsoft support.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help with Microsoft support.: Hello, I was working in the program for a few months. I recently learned my files and programs were being fraudulently gone through. Tried contacting Microsoft, but no luck. First with virus’ then a burnt motherboard because of it. Someone was in my system often. Files on...
  4. Microsoft customer support number needed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft customer support number needed: Hi team, I am from DELL and one of our customers have forgotten the login password and wanted to speak to someone at microsoft fo help as he is not good with chat or email...
  5. Microsoft customer support number needed

Microsoft customer support number needed: Hi team, I am from DELL and one of our customers have forgotten the login password and wanted to speak to someone at microsoft fo help as he is not good with chat or email...
  6. Dysfunctional laptop screen.

Dysfunctional laptop screen.: Hello - turned on my laptop today and suddenly this appeared! Any idea's what to do and what the problem is? The touch screen is working the whole way.For context, my wife did grab this part of the laptop screen directly fingers on the screen in the morning, but immediately...
  7. Complaints Department

Complaints Department: Can you please let me know how I can connect with the compalints department https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/complaints-department/aef3d276-50fd-428e-a9b1-d78e2e33a887
  8. Dysfunctional Mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dysfunctional Mouse: My mouse has become over-sensitive - even with a light touch, it often double-clicks and cancels what I have tried to achieve, thus requiring several attempts. It often jumps around, especially in Excel, causing me to go back and cancel the unwanted operation. I pay for...
  9. legal department

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    legal department: I have been dealing with microsoft forced update issues that I had not signed up for when I bought the PC, I have been counseled to record all of the times my pc has locked up on full power attempting to update (20), all of my PC service receipts from service companies, and...
  10. System Restore is dysfunctional

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore is dysfunctional: How can I fix System Restore in Windows 10? My system has LOTS of available memory and only 4 previous system restore points, but now System Restore can't complete even after creating a new restore point. System Restore always worked in Windows 8.1 which was installed on my...