Windows 10: Microsoft needs to start providing customer service and listen to what users are saying

Discus and support Microsoft needs to start providing customer service and listen to what users are saying in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I am so sick of nonstop problems with windows 10. I always preferred windows because they gave me a lot more options and I was able to figure out how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by frustratedwin10user, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Microsoft needs to start providing customer service and listen to what users are saying

I am so sick of nonstop problems with windows 10. I always preferred windows because they gave me a lot more options and I was able to figure out how to use it the way I needed to. Their attempts to make windows more "user friendly" are driving me towards apple/mac for my next computer. If I am not going to have the flexibility that I preferred in windows than at least I can minimize viruses with a mac.

:)

frustratedwin10user, Jan 25, 2019
  2. greshoff Win User

Homegroup Listener and Homegroup Provider not listed in services

As title - Homegroup Listener and Homegroup Provider are not listed in services. This is on a clean install of windows 10 pro. Any idea on how to get these services back?
    Thanks

greshoff, Jan 25, 2019
  3. Win7 Annoyance: HomeGroup Listener service

Okay , since i saw the two win7 threads , i see that , HOMEGRoUP is .... not even needed , but it worked for me atleast until the printer stopped sharing for some reason , I also had disabled (for some reason?) multiple services like Peer Networking (3 related, were disabled) and Homegroup services (2 , manual )

Only the Homegroup provider service was always started , im not sure at all if homegroup ever worked , but i CANT leave the homegroup , i want to START OVER because i recently installed fresh win7 on my computer , (this is the PC with the printer attached , again*Roll Eyes Microsoft needs to start providing customer service and listen to what users are saying :rolleyes: )

Now to GET me here , i have wasted an hour searching throught web , full of useless 3 step wannabe-advanced "guides" that only tell you the obvious basic ways, what i already did.

This is when i try to start the HG Listener service , that is responsible for configuration.
    I have already followed some solutions but wern't working , mainly because I think the Listener service is is not present;

but the solution was to delete everything from

C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\PeerNetworking

The question is , should i opt for mussels way and COMPLETELY ERASE DELETE DISABLE homegroup , or should i repair the HomeGroup Listener service and then it should Leave the homegroup and reset everything. ( MAKE SURE YOU DISABLE "SHARING WIZARD" in FOLDER OPTIONS,"simple file sharing" in xp)

I don't even know what the heck is with this win7 clusterfick , but i think im also fed up with "you need to have permissions from [yourself]" ; so i made a new thread not sure if it fits elsewhere , but i quite agree with the "Security/VirtualStore/permission" being totally useless to home users.

Microsoft makes OS for office environiments , 80% of it's users are home users.

Im not sure yet if it's the cause why the printer doesn't want to share , i'll see.

Oh and , the purpose of disabling services (i did that months ago and printer was working until 2 weeks ago)

RuskiSnajper, Jan 25, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

Microsoft needs to start providing customer service and listen to what users are saying

Microsoft to Showcase Immersive User Interfaces at Expo

During the 2008 BAI Retail Delivery Conference & Expo, Microsoft Corp. will showcase several innovative ways banks can better attract, retain and cross-sell customers by connecting their digital lifestyles and work styles together. These include the following:
    • Microsoft Virtual Earth. An integrated set of services providing quality geospatial data, rich imagery and cutting-edge technology that helps banks provide immersive online customer experiences, and connect customers with branch locations and services.
    • Microsoft Surface. The first commercially available surface computer helps break down traditional barriers to technology. The 360-degree user interface, along with multi-touch and object recognition functionality provides an exciting way for banks to create compelling and interactive retail branch experiences for potential customers.
    • Tellme. An on-demand voice services platform that helps banks connect with customers every day, simplifying everyday tasks, on everyday devices.
    Source: Microsoft

btarunr, Jan 25, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft needs to start providing customer service and listen to what users are saying

1. Microsoft needs to start providing customer service and listen to what users are saying - Similar Threads - Microsoft needs start

2. Microsoft Customer Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Customer Service: How to contact Microsoft? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-customer-service/362547b5-ffa0-4991-a7da-ca0f99d21021
  3. Microsoft Customer Service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Customer Service: How to contact Microsoft? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-customer-service/362547b5-ffa0-4991-a7da-ca0f99d21021
  4. Microsoft Customer Service

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Microsoft Customer Service

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Customer Service: Is Microsoft the worst contact support there is. My microsoft account has been locked because I forgot the password but I cant recover my account because I changed my phone number and there is just no way to call anyone at microsoft. I contacted their support number which...
  6. Microsoft Customer Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Customer Service: Is Microsoft the worst contact support there is. My microsoft account has been locked because I forgot the password but I cant recover my account because I changed my phone number and there is just no way to call anyone at microsoft. I contacted their support number which...
  7. Microsoft Customer Service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. What happened to Customer service ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What happened to Customer service ?: Hello, my username was less of a concern at the moment. i want to prioritize typing this post first and worry about that later.for reasons, the phone customer service providers microsoft used to have are no longer available to the public.i don't appreciate it. but to whoever...
  9. Homegroup Listener and Homegroup Provider not listed in services

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Homegroup Listener and Homegroup Provider not listed in services: As title - Homegroup Listener and Homegroup Provider are not listed in services. This is on a clean install of windows 10 pro. Any idea on how to get these services back? Thanks 110194
  10. Microsoft is listening to its customers and that’s excellent news

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is listening to its customers and that’s excellent news: Microsoft is listening to its customers and that can only be a good thing for its business, its relationship with customers, and the company’s general outlook. Why do I think Microsoft has suddenly started listening? It’s simple: The company will now tell users what,...