Windows 10: microsoft .net 4.8 install has always failed for months. Is it because the KB package is...

Discus and support microsoft .net 4.8 install has always failed for months. Is it because the KB package is... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I finally found a link to download it manually since it always fails in windows update. I go and search and find the KB4556441... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Peter___K, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Peter___K Win User

microsoft .net 4.8 install has always failed for months. Is it because the KB package is...

I finally found a link to download it manually since it always fails in windows update. I go and search and find the KB4556441

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4556441

But when I actually click on the package for windows 64bit version, it says it's downloading and installing KB4552924 instead! Is this why it has sat in my windows update failing every time?

:)

Peter___K, Jun 30, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Announcing .NET Framework 4.8 Early Access build 3646

Read more: Announcing .NET Framework 4.8 Early Access build 3646 | .NET Blog

Brink, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Announcing .NET Framework 4.8 Early Access build 3646

Read more: Announcing .NET Framework 4.8 Early Access build 3646 | .NET Blog

Brink, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

microsoft .net 4.8 install has always failed for months. Is it because the KB package is...

.NET 4.8 Framework installation has corrupted .NET Framework

Hi Mike,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you to work on this issue. I understand that you are unable to install .NET programs on the server after installing the latest .NET 4.8 update.

Since you are using Windows Server 2012 R2, we do have a dedicated forum for issues concerning to Windows Server 2012 R2, let me point you in the right direction where you would get the appropriate help for this issue. I would suggest you to post your
    query in TechNet forums, where we have
    experts and support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on ASP to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

1. microsoft .net 4.8 install has always failed for months. Is it because the KB package is... - Similar Threads - microsoft net install

2. I can't get nuget package to work under .net 8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't get nuget package to work under .net 8: I am starting a new wpf desktop project so I want to use the latest services.I am using C#, wpf, entityframework 6My first task was to scaffold sqlserver database.However I can't load the Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.SqlServer without getting the message in the...
  3. KB 5021233 fails "0x800f0900" "download error". Earlier 8/9/2022 KB 5012170 was...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB 5021233 fails "0x800f0900" "download error". Earlier 8/9/2022 KB 5012170 was...: What can I do? Windows 10 22H2 Build 19045.2251 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kb-5021233-fails-0x800f0900-download-error-earlier/0e62a9dc-6614-4222-b42f-d9cc650054fb
  4. Install Microsoft .NET with the Windows Package Manager winget

in Windows 10 News
    Install Microsoft .NET with the Windows Package Manager winget: Windows administrators may use the Windows Package Manager winget to install supported Microsoft .NET applications. [ATTACH] Microsoft released Windows Package Manager 1.0 back in 2021, opening it up for use on production machines. The command line tool may be used to...
  5. Windows Update always installs .NET Core SDKs, Runtime and Packages in every culmutive...

Windows Update always installs .NET Core SDKs, Runtime and Packages in every culmutive...: Hi. I am a Windows 10 Home SL 21H1 build 19043.1237 user. I always want my computer to stay up to date and to be more stable so every time there is a monthly update, I always update to the latest version. However, in every update, Windows Update always installs .NET Core...
  6. KB 5004257 failed to install - 0x80071a91

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    KB 5004257 failed to install - 0x80071a91: I appear to be stuck on 20H2 OS Build 19042.804. Auto-update keeps trying but always reports: KB 5004257 failed to install - 0x80071a91 ***I tried this Command Prompt sequence suggested in a reply on an older thread that seems to have grown 'cold.' 21 Feb 2021#4 Hello @ The...
  7. Installation of KB packages on windows 10

Installation of KB packages on windows 10: MSFT installs KB packages on my laptop and in some cases reboots. I've had a number of issues after the reboot. Can windows 10 be configured to warn me that a KB will be installed that requires a reboot and not reboot until I've given permission? thanks in advance...
  8. .NET 3.5 Package

.NET 3.5 Package: I have been getting an error when trying to install the .NET framework 3.5 package (witch also includes 3.0 and 2.0.) i tried to install a program called Sonic Windows Zone. And it said it needed the feature. So i tried to press download and it looked like it was going fine....
  9. Can't install autocad because .Net Framework 3.5 has refused to install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't install autocad because .Net Framework 3.5 has refused to install: Split from this thread. I am Juniex by Name, I just can't install autocad because .Net Framework 3.5 have refused to install from windows features and i have tried a lot from different forum all to no avail. also windows won't install update and wireless devices missing...
  10. Provisioning package fails to install

Provisioning package fails to install: Hello I have setup a test machine with all the settings and apps I need, I have then created a provisioning package Called 'capturedSettings' using the ICD but when I try to install it I get the following error I use the following tutorial on this website to use the...