Windows 10: Microsoft.NET Version Problems

Discus and support Microsoft.NET Version Problems in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have Microsoft.NET on Windows 10 with a PC that is a few months old. Lately I am experiencing difficulties as I do not have up to date Microsoft.NET.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AlexPatton-Van Buskirk, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Microsoft.NET Version Problems

I have Microsoft.NET on Windows 10 with a PC that is a few months old. Lately I am experiencing difficulties as I do not have up to date Microsoft.NET. Apparently I only have Version 4.0. When I attempted to update it, I was rejected on the basis of having 4.2+ versions already installed.

I attempted to use the troubleshooter but that gave me an error, which sent me here with no results. I went to the control panel to search for Microsoft.NET installations to delete, reinstall and repair with a hard reset, but I was shown that I had no Microsoft.NET versions.

I now version 4.0, Version 4.8 and no version at the same time. I am missing framework 86 from the .NET but cannot fix that unless I install newer .NETs. I also have updates waiting but always run into errors. The troubleshooter gives the same results as before.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks for reading.

:)

AlexPatton-Van Buskirk, Jul 15, 2020

2. microsoft.net version 2.0

Hi David,

The latest version of Microsoft.Net Framework is 4.6.1 on Windows 10. It is possible that the version of Quicken installed on your PC is not compatible with your Windows 10 computer.

Let’s check if the Microsoft.Net Framework is installed and enabled on your PC, please follow the steps below:

• Right-click Start.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Go to Programs and Features from the Small icons view.
    • Click Turn Windows features on or off.
    • Look for .Net Framework 4.6 Advanced Services and make sure that the box beside it is filled.

If settings are correct, proceed with performing clean and reinstall .Net Framework.

• Close all browser windows and programs.
    • Download the .Net Framework Repair Tool and save it on your desktop.
    • Double-click the downloaded tool on your desktop to Run the tool.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Download and install the .Net 4.6.1 from this link.
    • Open Quicken.

Also, you may try running Quicken in compatibility mode. You may visit this article for the steps:
    Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows.

Let us know how it goes.

Josette Sal, Jul 15, 2020
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    How do I uninstall Microsoft.NET then install

Hello Paul,

There are several factors that may cause this issue. We would like you to answer the following questions for us to properly isolate this:

Before you uninstall and reinstall the Microsoft.Net framework. We suggest that you download and run the Microsoft.NET Framework Repair Tool by going to this

link
    . This article contains steps that you can perform to help you address your query. 

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Jul 15, 2020
  4. Microsoft.NET Version Problems

microsoft.net version 2.0

I've been running windows 10 for going on a year now, and my Quicken software has been operating without a hitch...until now. When I try to start it up I get the following error:

"Quicken requires Microsoft.Net version 2.0

You need to install Microsoft.Net"

It was running fine up until now, so why the problem? And it looks like there have been others with similar problems.

Can't you send out an upgrade to automatically fix this issue?

DavidParmeter, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft.NET Version Problems

1. Microsoft.NET Version Problems - Similar Threads - Microsoft NET Version

2. Cant enable any version of Microsoft .NET, Microsoft .NET is unknown in my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant enable any version of Microsoft .NET, Microsoft .NET is unknown in my computer.: I wanted to update Windows, and I kept getting the error: 0x80073701, so I went online and someone said this powershell command, it was pretty fishy, it said something about .NET 3.5, 4.5 i dont know.Anyways, I pasted it in, then it disabled Microsoft .NET, The updated...
  3. Cant enable any version of Microsoft .NET, Microsoft .NET is unknown in my computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant enable any version of Microsoft .NET, Microsoft .NET is unknown in my computer.: I wanted to update Windows, and I kept getting the error: 0x80073701, so I went online and someone said this powershell command, it was pretty fishy, it said something about .NET 3.5, 4.5 i dont know.Anyways, I pasted it in, then it disabled Microsoft .NET, The updated...
  4. Cant enable any version of Microsoft .NET, Microsoft .NET is unknown in my computer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I have this problem with microsoft .NET

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have this problem with microsoft .NET: C:\WINDOWS\windowsupdate.logC:\WINDOWS\logs\cbs\cbs.logC:\Users\mixza\AppData\Local\Temp\FixDotNet.logC:\Users\mixza\AppData\Local\Temp\NetFxSetupEvents.txtC:\Users\mixza\AppData\Local\Temp\dd_NetFxRepairTool_decompression_log.txtC:\Users\mixza\AppData\Local\Temp\dd_vcredist_a...
  6. I have this problem with microsoft .NET

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have this problem with microsoft .NET: C:\WINDOWS\windowsupdate.logC:\WINDOWS\logs\cbs\cbs.logC:\Users\mixza\AppData\Local\Temp\FixDotNet.logC:\Users\mixza\AppData\Local\Temp\NetFxSetupEvents.txtC:\Users\mixza\AppData\Local\Temp\dd_NetFxRepairTool_decompression_log.txtC:\Users\mixza\AppData\Local\Temp\dd_vcredist_a...
  7. I have this problem with microsoft .NET

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Microsoft .NET Framework Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft .NET Framework Problem: [ATTACH] I need to know how to solve this. I have tried almost everything and still no result. Why does this happen and how do i get rid of it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-net-framework-problem/2e65bd73-ea9e-45fb-9f2a-d895ab808265
  9. Microsoft .net framework version 1.1

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft .net framework version 1.1: I have fresh Windows 10.0 64 bit Operating system. cant installed .net framework 1.1... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/microsoft-net-framework-version-11/36c49097-bf91-4c02-be30-961360aa0141
  10. Microsoft .Net Framework have problem !! :(

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft .Net Framework have problem !! :(: How to fix it please help me See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box. ************** Exception Text ************** System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found. at...