Windows 10: microsoft new update for the photo app

Discus and support microsoft new update for the photo app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; when i use the photo app to display photos in a folder that have both photos and videos , the video display always starts with volume muted and you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by samghanma, Jan 22, 2022.

1. samghanma Win User

microsoft new update for the photo app

when i use the photo app to display photos in a folder that have both photos and videos , the video display always starts with volume muted and you have to manually adjust it to a certain level so it can play it with sounds , i searched the settings to see how can i start the video with volume already adjusted and i don't have to unmute tit every time i go to the next but no luckcan someone advice

:)

samghanma, Jan 22, 2022

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

Photos help

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jan 22, 2022
  3. How to create new album and organize photos in Photos app

Hi Erin,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with creating new album do let us know the following:

• Where exactly are you trying to create new albums?
    • Are you referring to creating new albums in Photos app?
    • Are you using any other application to view the photos?

If you referring to Photos app in Windows 10, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article about Photos app and check if it helps.

Refer: Photos app for Windows help

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 22, 2022
  4. robls99 Win User

How delete new Microsoft Photo Viewer and get back my Win Photo Viewer

Thanks guys for all the help. I haven't made the update yet but I am sure your suggestions will do the job.

Like everyone else I HATE IT WHEN MS PULL THIS S@#$.

- - - Updated - - -

I also found this. It worked great:

It's easy to get the trusty old Windows Photo Viewer back -- simply open up Settings and go to System > Default apps. Under "Photo viewer," you should see your current default photo viewer (probably the new Photos app). Click this to see a list of options for a new default photo viewer.
    Choose Windows Photo Viewer and exit the Settings menu, and you're done -- photos will now open up in Windows Photo Viewer.

robls99, Jan 22, 2022
Thema:

1. microsoft new update for the photo app - Similar Threads - microsoft update photo

2. New photo app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New photo app: Desktop computer - 64 bit - Windows 10I hate the new photo app!!! There was nothing wrong with the old one!! There is a very long list of my "recent" photos in the new app and this invades my privacy as anyone using my computer can just click on the photo app and then click...
  3. New photo app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New photo app: Desktop computer - 64 bit - Windows 10I hate the new photo app!!! There was nothing wrong with the old one!! There is a very long list of my "recent" photos in the new app and this invades my privacy as anyone using my computer can just click on the photo app and then click...
  4. microsoft photos app not updating to 2023.11080.4003.0.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft photos app not updating to 2023.11080.4003.0.: on my desktop I have microsoft photos app 2023.11080.4003.0.It has a very useful "filmstrip" on the bottom of the screen.My laptop has the same version of windows 10. But attempts to update the Photos app end up with Photos version 2023.10070.17002.0Why would my desktop...
  5. New Photo App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Photo App: Hello,The new photo app has some interesting features, however, it is full of a bugs, and unfortunately there is no way to easily import photos from my iPhone to my OneDrive. Let me explainOption 1: Connect your iPhone to your PC to import picture- Connect and authorize ==>...
  6. Microsoft Photo app crashing with new update on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photo app crashing with new update on Windows 10: I tried practically everything, reset the app, uninstall using Power Shell, reinstall from the W. Store... The app is still crashing. The most recent answers on the Forum are from 2017... anything more recent from 2022?...
  7. Microsoft Photo app crashing with new update on Windows 10

Microsoft Photo app crashing with new update on Windows 10: I tried practically everything, reset the app, uninstall using Power Shell, reinstall from the W. Store... The app is still crashing. The most recent answers on the Forum are from 2017... anything more recent from 2022?...
  8. microsoft new update for the photo app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft new update for the photo app: when i use the photo app to display photos in a folder that have both photos and videos , the video display always starts with volume muted and you have to manually adjust it to a certain level so it can play it with sounds , i searched the settings to see how can i start the...
  9. Microsoft releases a new update for Photos app on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft releases a new update for Photos app on Windows 10: Microsoft yesterday rolled out an update for Photos app on Windows 10, and it appears that new version is available for everyone. The update for Windows 10 Photos app brings no new features and improvements, but Microsoft has quietly added video editor shortcut to the Start...
  10. New Version of Microsoft Photo App

New Version of Microsoft Photo App: New Version of Microsoft Photo App Available in store Version 16.526.11220.0 All downloaded and installed OK 52130