Windows 10: Microsoft new updates are all slowing my pc down.

Discus and support Microsoft new updates are all slowing my pc down. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; First of all I have a gaming laptop with an i7 6th gen processor, 16gb ram and a m.2 ssd which are all very good specs. Since few months now, I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by shey Jay, Nov 26, 2018.

1. shey Jay Win User

Microsoft new updates are all slowing my pc down.

First of all I have a gaming laptop with an i7 6th gen processor, 16gb ram and a m.2 ssd which are all very good specs. Since few months now, I have noticed all my browsers are extremely slow. specially my chome browser. I thought it was a problem with my laptop. Also I wanted to reinstall everything from the scratch so I knew my laptop will be fast again but did not have time to do it.

Then, on black Friday I bought a pcie nvme m.2 to upgrade my old sata3 m.2 so I installed widows 10 from the scratch even though I could just clone in straight away. After the installation my laptop was lightning fast.

Then here comes the best part. I downloaded all the new updates and installed them the next day after the windows 10 installation. My whole laptop started acting very slow and my browsers took ever to load. I was frustrated. Therefore, I used the "go back to older build" option and put my system back to its old build removing the newest updates and WOOOWWww its lightning fast again.

Therefore, could Microsoft please look in to this and make sure your updates are more stable. All this past few months I thought it was my laptop causing problems to act slow but now I am certain it was the UPDATES!

:)

shey Jay, Nov 26, 2018
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Nov 26, 2018
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 26, 2018
  4. OSdevr Win User

Microsoft Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Available Today

Oh dear they're still pushing that. I STILL don't like the metro tiles and stuff!

OSdevr, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft new updates are all slowing my pc down. - Similar Threads - Microsoft updates are

2. Windows 11 New Update slowing Down the PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 New Update slowing Down the PC: Hello Community,I Bought a new laptop for My Educational and Productivity Purpose. By Default I Installed Windows 11 And For few months the performance was Fascinating. but Since a week i've been noticing some of the slow downs in the laptop From Device boot time to The...
  3. Windows 11 New Update slowing Down the PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 New Update slowing Down the PC: Hello Community,I Bought a new laptop for My Educational and Productivity Purpose. By Default I Installed Windows 11 And For few months the performance was Fascinating. but Since a week i've been noticing some of the slow downs in the laptop From Device boot time to The...
  4. Windows Update slows down my pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update slows down my pc: Hi, I am an old user of windows 10, I updated my pc from win10 version 1909 to 20H2 in the month of March. The update was successful and my pc was normal as beforeupdating, but when I check for updates in the windows update settings page the available updates takes nearly 6-8...
  5. Windows updates slow my PC down

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows updates slow my PC down: So today I was going to record a YouTube video, when I noticed something wasn't right, the fps boost client was getting 50% less fps then normal, and when I tried running the recorder, when I hit record the entire recording app crashed.I checked task manager to see what was...
  6. Slow down of PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow down of PC: After upgrading Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, I observed that when I open any word file Microsoft word 2010 by PC become slow. For few particular word files my PC become terribly slow and it does not function properly. What is the reason for this and is there any solution?...
  7. Windows update slowed down PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows update slowed down PC: After a recent windows update, my PC is unbearably slow. Applications take significantly longer to open and CPU usage is often well above the norm 70+% using windows explorer It affects all applications. I've now tried a system restore and a PC reset, but the pc is still...
  8. Slow shut down problem in my new PC

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow shut down problem in my new PC: I have a new PC with Windows 10 home 64 bit, running on the hardware with 120 GB SSD , Nvidia 720 graphics card and intel i3-4160T CPU. First two days it was fast enough to shut down and start up within 12-16 seconds.But from now my PC had came into a software problem ,...
  9. Microsoft updates slowing computer down

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft updates slowing computer down: Seem to have had a number of updates recently which has slowed the speed my computer works. Is this common? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-updates-slowing-computer-down/19132cc6-bd4d-47c1-8f81-55b61ad25fb6
  10. Pc slowed down after update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Pc slowed down after update: So about few hours ago I installed update for windows 10 and now my pc slowed down a lot,when booting instead of usual 1 minute now it takes 4-5 minutes or more and it also runs slower than usual.Anyone having this issue or know know how to fix it? 21422

Users found this page by searching for:

1. new win10 updates slowing my pc down