Windows 10: MIcrosoft News App crashing

Discus and support MIcrosoft News App crashing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Anybody else experiencing the Microsoft News app just closing by itself when clicking on some headlined stories? Version 1809, build 17758.1 Pro. 119071 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NavyLCDR, Oct 3, 2018.

1. NavyLCDR Win User

MIcrosoft News App crashing

Anybody else experiencing the Microsoft News app just closing by itself when clicking on some headlined stories? Version 1809, build 17758.1 Pro.

:)

NavyLCDR, Oct 3, 2018
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Oct 3, 2018
  3. ben201 Win User
    Windows Photos App crashes

So since today my Photos App is crashing as soon as i open it. It goes into a blackscreen for about 2-3 Seconds and than crashes.

Information about the error:
    This Crash is generating chrash dumps that contain the error code 0xC0000602 in module mrt100_app.dll or 0xc000027b in module twinapi.appcore.dll.

I found two intresting facts about the error:
    - If I try a system restore to a point created 3 days ago, the App starts working again. A few minutes after using the system, the app starts crashing again.
    - I created a new local account and the app does seem to work on that new account until now.

Steps I have tried:
    - Reinstall Photos app by uninstalling it using Powershell and rerisntalling it - did not change anything
    - Reregister the App - did not change anything
    - Scan the System with sfc and dism - no errors
    - Use System resstore - see above, did only work for a few minutes.

Microsoft Support suggested reinstalling Windows, but I do non really want to reinstall the whole system just because one app is not working...

ben201, Oct 3, 2018
  4. MIcrosoft News App crashing

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

MIcrosoft News App crashing

1. MIcrosoft News App crashing - Similar Threads - MIcrosoft News App

2. Microsoft News App not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft News App not working: When I click on the Microsoft app in menu, It shows up in taskbar. But its windows is not opening. What can be the reason? How to solve it? 167081
  3. Microsoft News App freezing

Microsoft News App freezing: My Microsoft News on my Windows 10 desktop opens fine but when I click on one of the news articles, it just freezes. I've tried running the troubleshooter, I've tried resetting it and I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it - all to no avail. I've also uninstalled and...
  4. Microsoft News app crashes

Microsoft News app crashes: Hello, I'm having this problem: Microsoft news app crashes whenever I open it. Tried resetting it, running Microsoft store troubleshooter, even uninstalled it, but no help. Before that I ran this program because I was facing far worse problem: Tweaking.com – Windows Repair....
  5. Microsoft News App

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft News App: The Home page of News apps doesn't load fully. If I scroll down then it keeps on showing that loading sign , and doesn't load after that. I tried updating and troubleshooting the issue but didn't help . is anyone facing the same issue . And what should be done to fix this...
  6. Microsoft News App

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft News App: Hello there. We use Windows 10 Home 64-bit, version 1803 (17134.472). Although our other apps work, for some reason when we try and open Microsoft News, there are about seven languages displayed, and then it reports " an error has occurred. Try refreshing". However,...
  7. Microsoft News App Crashes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft News App Crashes: My Microsoft News App opens for a second then crashes please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-news-app-crashes/4398abba-0d63-4289-b86b-add86099b5e7
  8. Microsoft News App Crashes

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft News App Crashes: Hi, My Microsoft News App openes for a second and then crashes . Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-news-app-crashes/13b9cd7f-9ce2-41ca-a890-6d8a81d1cfd4"
  9. Microsoft News app crashing on startup!

Microsoft News app crashing on startup!: Every time I start Microsoft News now, it immediately collapses, and exits. I even completely deinstalled/reinstalled it, but that makes no difference. I did the usual lame DISM repair stuff, which found nothing (of course); nor did sfc /scannow, for that matter. It's just...
  10. Microsoft News app crashing on startup!

Microsoft News app crashing on startup!: News app is crashing on startup.,did app reset,reinstall,powershell method,restart but nothing worked!.. I doubt its the latest cumulative update causing it to crash. any help!?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft news app crashes

2. microsoft news crashing

3. microsoft news keeps crashing

4. microsoft news app not working,
  5. mrt100_app.dll,
  6. microsoft news app black screen