Windows 10: Microsoft News app is no longer sending notifications

Discus and support Microsoft News app is no longer sending notifications in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Yesterday, a user reported that she was no longer getting MS News notifications after the 1903 update. She couldn't even find MS News in the list of... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by tinwoodman, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Microsoft News app is no longer sending notifications

Yesterday, a user reported that she was no longer getting MS News notifications after the 1903 update. She couldn't even find MS News in the list of notification senders one sees after clicking "Manage Notifications". I am having the same problem. However, I tried turning off all notifications and then turning them back on. At that point, MS News appeared at the top of the senders list and I made sure it was on. I haven't received any notifications yet, but I'm hoping that will fix the problem.

:)

tinwoodman, Jul 23, 2020

2. Microsoft News app is no longer sending notifications

Yesterday, a user reported that (s)he was no longer getting MS News notifications after the 1903 update. (S)he couldn't even find MS News in the list of notification senders one sees after clicking "Manage Notifications". I am having the same problem.
    However, I tried turning off all notifications and then turning them back on. At that point, MS News appeared at the top of the senders list and I made sure it was on. I haven't received any notifications yet, but I'm hoping that will fix the problem.

tinwoodman, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Microsoft News Notifications

Follow these steps to check if it works:

Step 1: Open the Windows Settings menu by pressing the Windows Key and “I,” or alternatively search for Settings in the Windows search bar and click the corresponding result.

Step 2: Click Notifications & Actions in the left-hand menu. This will take you to a screen providing access to all of the settings related to notifications and the Action Center.

Step 3: Click the System icon, then select Notifications and actions from the left-hand menu.

Step 4: Look for the Notifications subheading, where you will see a number of toggles for various types of notifications. The following is a list of the settings you can toggle on this screen:

• Get notifications from apps and other senders
    • Show notifications on the lock screen
    • Show alarms, reminders, and incoming VoIP calls on the lock screen
    • Hide notifications when duplicating my screen
    • Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows
    You may just turn them off the notification as you need.

PeterPeng3, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Microsoft News app is no longer sending notifications

Microsoft Authenticator app now sends security notifications

Source: Microsoft Authenticator app—now sends security notifications - Microsoft Tech Community - 328281

Brink, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft News app is no longer sending notifications

1. Microsoft News app is no longer sending notifications - Similar Threads - Microsoft News app

2. News & Sports apps not doing notifications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    News & Sports apps not doing notifications: I can't get notifications from either app. I found one suggested fix about resetting the Action Center, but while that fixed another app that wouldn't show notifications, it didn't do anything for those two. I tried turning them off and on in Background Apps, resetting the...
  3. Mail app not sending notifications.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mail app not sending notifications.: So, when I set account syncing to "as items arrive" the app stops sending new email notifications and only works when its open which kinda defeats the purpose of notifications. It works fine when set to "every 15 minutes" but thats a little too much, I'd prefer something as...
  4. Since the latest Win10 update, Microsoft News app is no longer sending notifications

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Since the latest Win10 update, Microsoft News app is no longer sending notifications: The Microsoft News app is set to give me notifications as can be seen below (per in-app settings)... [ATTACH] On Settings > System > Notifications & actions, Microsoft News is not even appearing as a notification to turn off or on... [ATTACH] I don't like most of the...
  5. Microsoft News App

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft News App: The Home page of News apps doesn't load fully. If I scroll down then it keeps on showing that loading sign , and doesn't load after that. I tried updating and troubleshooting the issue but didn't help . is anyone facing the same issue . And what should be done to fix this...
  6. Microsoft News - Push Notification Services

Microsoft News - Push Notification Services: Hello, I was wondering a few things, and have a few things to share: -What port number does the Microsoft News App use for Breaking news notifications? -Which service provides breaking news notifications when App is not running? -Is this service locked down to Microsoft's...
  7. MIcrosoft News Notifications - Hacked????

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MIcrosoft News Notifications - Hacked????: All right, Microsoft. I wake up today, and THIS is what greets me on my computer. I'm running an HP TouchSmart 300-1020 (an older computer) with Windows 10 Home, Version 1809 installed 11/30/2018, OS Build 17763.379. I use Norton Security version 22.17.0.183, Malwarebytes,...
  8. Microsoft Authenticator app now sends security notifications

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Authenticator app now sends security notifications: Howdy folks, I’m excited to share that you starting today, we will help you have more confidence and visibility into your personal Microsoft account activities by giving you security notifications delivered in the Microsoft Authenticator app. When important events—such as...
  9. Microsoft News Notifications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft News Notifications: I keep getting these notifications, and always reply no. How can these notifications be cancelled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-news-notifications/cc171ace-2594-43f5-9aec-d3c8decc498e
  10. Microsoft News App

Microsoft News App: Hello there. We use Windows 10 Home 64-bit, version 1803 (17134.472). Although our other apps work, for some reason when we try and open Microsoft News, there are about seven languages displayed, and then it reports " an error has occurred. Try refreshing". However,...