Windows 10: Microsoft News App - No Local News for Some Locations

Discus and support Microsoft News App - No Local News for Some Locations in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; For the last few days, the News app doesn't not show any local news for my location (it displays 'No content available for this location, try again... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TrevorFayers, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Microsoft News App - No Local News for Some Locations

For the last few days, the News app doesn't not show any local news for my location (it displays 'No content available for this location, try again later or try with another location'). If I search for locations, some show local news (e.g. London) but not for my default location. The same issue is present on all my Windows, IOS and Android devices even after the News App update (for the PC) today (to version 4.32.12463.0). I sent feedback within the App a few days ago, but the issue persists. This problem has occurred in the past, but it was usually resolved quickly and it hasn't surfaced for a long time (> 12 months).

:)

TrevorFayers, Sep 11, 2019
  2. Arul_D Win User

Windows 10 Add New Local User Fails with "Something went wrong" message

Hello,

Thank you for writing your query in Microsoft Community. I would like to have some more understanding to the issue so that we can diagnose and work on the issue faster. Kindly provide me the following information:

• Did you use the same Microsoft account to setup user account on this computer?
    I would suggest you to create a new local user account using the below steps

Steps:

• From the desktop press Windows flag key + R

• And type netplwiz and click ok.
    This will open user account window click add and follow the onscreen instruction to create a new local account.

Reply with the status of the issue and we will be glad to offer our assistance.

Arul_D, Sep 11, 2019
  3. How to replace old Microsoft Account with a new Microsoft Account

Hi Hitendra,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

I would suggest you to switch your Microsoft account to a Local account first and then switch back with a new Microsoft account. Please refer to the following steps:

Step 1:

• Type Manage your accounts
      in the search bar and click on it
    • Click on "sign in with a local account instead"
    • Press next and complete the process.
    • If you do not have a local account, leave the credentials blank and proceed.

Step 2: Now, on the newly converted Local account, follow these steps to add a new MSA.

1. In the Start search, type "Manage your accounts" and press Enter.

2. Choose 'Accounts'.

3. Click on "sign in with a local account instead"

4. Enter the Microsoft account ID and Password and click Next.

Hope this post helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Sep 11, 2019
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

Microsoft News App - No Local News for Some Locations

how to save new apps by changing default location?

Hello,

In Windows 10, applications that are downloaded from Windows Store are automatically installed in the Windows Apps Folder. However, if you want your apps to be installed on another drive you can follow the steps bellow:

• Click on Start > Settings > System >
      Storage.
    • Go to the Save Locations section,
    • Click on the drop down menu below New apps will save to and then select the desired partition or drive.

Windows 10 will automatically install apps downloaded from the Windows Store in the new installation folder. For the ones that were already installed in your system, you can move them manually to the new location by:

• Go to Start > Settings > System >
      App & features.
    • Launch a search by typing the name of the desired app into the Type an app name field. Once found, select the app from the list and click on the
      Move button.
    • Select the destination drive and click Move.

Should you have further questions please let us know.

Jelo Sen, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft News App - No Local News for Some Locations

1. Microsoft News App - No Local News for Some Locations - Similar Threads - Microsoft News App

2. Microsoft News App not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft News App not working: When I click on the Microsoft app in menu, It shows up in taskbar. But its windows is not opening. What can be the reason? How to solve it? 167081
  3. Microsoft News App freezing

Microsoft News App freezing: My Microsoft News on my Windows 10 desktop opens fine but when I click on one of the news articles, it just freezes. I've tried running the troubleshooter, I've tried resetting it and I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it - all to no avail. I've also uninstalled and...
  4. News Location

News Location: How do you manually set a location in Microsoft News app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-location/e80f58f9-c28f-49a3-a6fd-17115ab8be7a
  5. Microsoft News - No Local News for Some Locations

Microsoft News - No Local News for Some Locations: [Moved from discussions] Since September 1019, the News app hasn’t shown any local news for my location (it displays 'No content available for this location, try again later or try with another location'). If I search for other locations, some show local news (e.g. London)...
  6. Microsoft News App

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft News App: The Home page of News apps doesn't load fully. If I scroll down then it keeps on showing that loading sign , and doesn't load after that. I tried updating and troubleshooting the issue but didn't help . is anyone facing the same issue . And what should be done to fix this...
  7. Microsoft News App

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft News App: Hello there. We use Windows 10 Home 64-bit, version 1803 (17134.472). Although our other apps work, for some reason when we try and open Microsoft News, there are about seven languages displayed, and then it reports " an error has occurred. Try refreshing". However,...
  8. MIcrosoft News App crashing

MIcrosoft News App crashing: Anybody else experiencing the Microsoft News app just closing by itself when clicking on some headlined stories? Version 1809, build 17758.1 Pro. 119071
  9. News app

News app: I'v uninstalled this app and reset it but I'm continuously having the same problem. Is there any updates on solving this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_news/news-app/d70e6ebe-d444-474b-b6f3-dcac93c897c9
  10. Microsoft News App Not Working

Microsoft News App Not Working: The Microsoft News App has stopped working. The Money and Sports app are working fine. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app from the Microsoft store. When I attempt to start the app, instead of a screen with a red background, I get a screen with a black background....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no local news content on microsoft news