Windows 10: Microsoft News app won't open

Discus and support Microsoft News app won't open in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Why won't the Microsoft News app work on my Windows 10 laptop?... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by NewsAppGuy, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Microsoft News app won't open

Why won't the Microsoft News app work on my Windows 10 laptop?

:)

NewsAppGuy, Jul 20, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Microsoft News app won't open :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jul 20, 2020
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    Microsoft 10 App Store won't open

Hi Mary,

To provide other troubleshooting steps, we'd like to ask what steps have you tried to resolve the issue with your Windows Store app?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Jul 20, 2020
  4. Microsoft News app won't open

Windows 10 App won't open

I have an app in my start menu that wont open from start menu - either list or tiles. It is in the packages folder and the store says it is installed. Won't open from store either. App is Microsoft Solitaire Collection and was working fine, then this happened. Can't delete it and reload so how do I get it working?

lagunasrfr, Jul 20, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft News app won't open

1. Microsoft News app won't open - Similar Threads - Microsoft News app

2. Microsoft apps won't open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft apps won't open.: Hi there, I was attempting to open the windows mail app but when I try to open it it flashes on the taskbar like it is going to open but then immediately closes. I was attempting to uninstall and reinstall it to fix the problem when I discovered that the microsoft store has...
  3. Microsoft apps won't open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft apps won't open.: Hi there, I was attempting to open the windows mail app but when I try to open it it flashes on the taskbar like it is going to open but then immediately closes. I was attempting to uninstall and reinstall it to fix the problem when I discovered that the microsoft store has...
  4. Microsoft apps won't open.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. News and Weather widget won't open

News and Weather widget won't open: Since yesterday the News and Weather widget has failed to open when I click on it. It does update the temperature and weather conditions, but it won't open to view the forecast and news. As far as I know I haven't changed any settings. Any suggestions? Thank you....
  6. News and Weather widget won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    News and Weather widget won't open: Since yesterday the News and Weather widget has failed to open when I click on it. It does update the temperature and weather conditions, but it won't open to view the forecast and news. As far as I know I haven't changed any settings. Any suggestions? Thank you....
  7. Microsoft Photos App won't open

Microsoft Photos App won't open: Hallo everybody! I experienced some problem with my laptop. Every time I tried to open the Microsoft Photos App it won't open. I am aware that all my photos are safe in my computer but the use of the app was very friendly and easy to manage and I really would like to have...
  8. Microsoft Apps won't open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Apps won't open: Hello Microsoft Community, I've been trying for a whole week now to get the Microsoft apps to work. Not a single pre-installed app will work. I tried sfc scans, and DISM commands. They al lgive me that there is no problem with my system. I've also tried Get-AppXPackage |...
  9. Microsoft News App

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft News App: The Home page of News apps doesn't load fully. If I scroll down then it keeps on showing that loading sign , and doesn't load after that. I tried updating and troubleshooting the issue but didn't help . is anyone facing the same issue . And what should be done to fix this...
  10. Microsoft News App

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft News App: Hello there. We use Windows 10 Home 64-bit, version 1803 (17134.472). Although our other apps work, for some reason when we try and open Microsoft News, there are about seven languages displayed, and then it reports " an error has occurred. Try refreshing". However,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to fixed microsoft store not opene