Windows 10: Microsoft News Feed - WIN 10 App -Embedded Ads causing Cyber/PC issues

Discus and support Microsoft News Feed - WIN 10 App -Embedded Ads causing Cyber/PC issues in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Microsoft News Feed - Embedded Ads causing Cyber/PC issues This instance has happened more than 3 times. It is now a threat to my PC and personal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by brand_carl, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Microsoft News Feed - WIN 10 App -Embedded Ads causing Cyber/PC issues

Microsoft News Feed - Embedded Ads causing Cyber/PC issues

This instance has happened more than 3 times. It is now a threat to my PC and personal data security.

The ads are similar to the recent threats that something is wrong with firewall or 'a threat was found here is how to remove'.

I am discontinuing Microsoft News WIN10 app until this is investigated and resolved.

Thank you

:)

brand_carl, Sep 21, 2019
  2. TheZeeMan Win User

Mail App and RSS Feeds

Odd question, is the mail app capable of adding RSS feeds to it like Outlook? I'm old school and like my news delivered via RSS Microsoft News Feed - WIN 10 App -Embedded Ads causing Cyber/PC issues :) I read somewhere about adding feeds to IE within 10, and they are supposed to show up automatically in the mail app but it doesn't work for me...this is on an RTM win 10.

TheZeeMan, Sep 21, 2019
  3. Can't access live tile for news feed

Hi Linda,

We apologize for delay in response and thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Make sure that news feed live tile is turned on.

Step 2: Perform Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Sep 21, 2019
  4. Sharyn698 Win User

Microsoft News Feed - WIN 10 App -Embedded Ads causing Cyber/PC issues

Edge browser no longer displays the news feed

I am replying to the above advice. Been there, done that. In fact, I did that set of steps before I ever asked for help here. Does anyone have any other suggestions? It is very inconvenient to have no taskbar.

Thank you.

Sharyn698, Sep 21, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft News Feed - WIN 10 App -Embedded Ads causing Cyber/PC issues

1. Microsoft News Feed - WIN 10 App -Embedded Ads causing Cyber/PC issues - Similar Threads - Microsoft News Feed

2. Microsoft Start news feed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Start news feed: Why does my Microsoft Start news feed contain posts from extremely right biased and low credibility feeds like the "Princess Free Zone"? I always look to Microsoft to be unbiased and factual, very disappointed....
  3. Microsoft Start news feed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Start news feed: Why does my Microsoft Start news feed contain posts from extremely right biased and low credibility feeds like the "Princess Free Zone"? I always look to Microsoft to be unbiased and factual, very disappointed....
  4. News Feed Gone *Small Issue*

in Windows 10 Gaming
    News Feed Gone *Small Issue*: A few days ago, I opened Microsoft Edge, and it opened "Your browser was upgraded to Windows 11."But now when I go to the New Tab, it showed the same background for the past 3 days, with the same messages;"Get performance, speed, and stability with a new Windows 11 PC Explore...
  5. News Feed Gone *Small Issue*

News Feed Gone *Small Issue*: A few days ago, I opened Microsoft Edge, and it opened "Your browser was upgraded to Windows 11."But now when I go to the New Tab, it showed the same background for the past 3 days, with the same messages;"Get performance, speed, and stability with a new Windows 11 PC Explore...
  6. News Feed Gone *Small Issue*

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. UNINSTALL all of Microsoft FEEDS news and feeds parts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UNINSTALL all of Microsoft FEEDS news and feeds parts: Windows 10Version 21H1OSBuild : 19042.1706I keep seeing FEEDS appear in my task manager. I have disabled ALL the functions for FEEDSWhat is the command line powershell or dos to REMOVE all of FEEDS so it can never run again.I don't ever want to see it load, I don't ever want...
  8. UNINSTALL all of Microsoft FEEDS news and feeds parts

UNINSTALL all of Microsoft FEEDS news and feeds parts: Windows 10Version 21H1OSBuild : 19042.1706I keep seeing FEEDS appear in my task manager. I have disabled ALL the functions for FEEDSWhat is the command line powershell or dos to REMOVE all of FEEDS so it can never run again.I don't ever want to see it load, I don't ever want...
  9. UNINSTALL all of Microsoft FEEDS news and feeds parts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. ADWARE in News feed WIn 10 APP - need to FIX This

ADWARE in News feed WIn 10 APP - need to FIX This: ADWARE in News feed WIN 10 APP - Who can FIX This ?? Ongoing since 2017 How do we escalate this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adware-in-news-feed-win-10-app-need-to-fix-this/9face5ed-ce82-44bd-b2dc-302a13cea2d1