Windows 10: Microsoft News not working Windows 10. Error occurred, Refresh.

Discus and support Microsoft News not working Windows 10. Error occurred, Refresh. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; FIXED IT. from cNet: "I had same problem until I accidentally stumbled on solution. Turn off your network connection. Start the news app and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Blue Sky High, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Microsoft News not working Windows 10. Error occurred, Refresh.

FIXED IT.

from cNet: "I had same problem until I accidentally stumbled on solution. Turn off your network connection. Start the news app and it should direct you to the data choices. Turn the network back on and it should work."

1) turned off wifi

2) started news

3) it prompted me to make choices about the content I want to see, but said i had no network and to "click here when fixed"

4) turned on wifi and "clicked there"

5) made my content choices

6) it works

:)

Blue Sky High, Jan 16, 2019

2. Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Jan 16, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 16, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Microsoft News not working Windows 10. Error occurred, Refresh.

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft News not working Windows 10. Error occurred, Refresh.

1. Microsoft News not working Windows 10. Error occurred, Refresh. - Similar Threads - Microsoft News working

2. On Money: An Error has occurred - Try refreshing? Refresh this page does not work. How do I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On Money: An Error has occurred - Try refreshing? Refresh this page does not work. How do I...: On Money, I land on a page that states: "An Error has occurred - Try refreshing? Refresh this page". Clicking on refresh this page does not work nothing happens. How do I fix this?Here is a screenshot:...
  3. On Money: An Error has occurred - Try refreshing? Refresh this page does not work. How do I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    On Money: An Error has occurred - Try refreshing? Refresh this page does not work. How do I...: On Money, I land on a page that states: "An Error has occurred - Try refreshing? Refresh this page". Clicking on refresh this page does not work nothing happens. How do I fix this?Here is a screenshot:...
  4. Another Money App 'An error occurred, try refreshing' Error

Another Money App 'An error occurred, try refreshing' Error: I was using the Money app on a daily basis. Not sure if it was the latest update, but I do believe the Money app was working fine after the last round of updates for Patch Tuesday.The issue is, when I click on the Money app, an error loads for the 'Home' and 'Watchlist' page....
  5. Another Money App 'An error occurred, try refreshing' Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Another Money App 'An error occurred, try refreshing' Error: I was using the Money app on a daily basis. Not sure if it was the latest update, but I do believe the Money app was working fine after the last round of updates for Patch Tuesday.The issue is, when I click on the Money app, an error loads for the 'Home' and 'Watchlist' page....
  6. microsoft news don't work

microsoft news don't work: Microsoft news ne fonctionne pas sous Windows 10 2004; l'appli s'ouvre et se ferme aussitôt. Merci pour votre aide. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-news-dont-work/2549eb8d-5590-4f85-8a0c-86a49b8f0ac5
  7. Microsoft News App not working

Microsoft News App not working: When I click on the Microsoft app in menu, It shows up in taskbar. But its windows is not opening. What can be the reason? How to solve it? 167081
  8. Microsoft News not getting refreshed with the latest videos

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft News not getting refreshed with the latest videos: The micorosft news app is not getting refreshed with latest videos. The same video was availble for the last couple of days. We have already tried to reset the app, uninstall and re-install the app - still its remains same. Any help would be greatly appreciated App...
  9. Microsoft NEWS app does not refresh

Microsoft NEWS app does not refresh: The Microsoft News app is showing news from 10 days ago while I am connected to internet. Tried to restart the computer as well. Is there some way to refresh the news?...
  10. Can't get Microsoft news to work. Says needs refreshing, but nothing happens when...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't get Microsoft news to work. Says needs refreshing, but nothing happens when...: Microsoft news does not work. says need refreshing, but when press to refresh, nothing happens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/cant-get-microsoft-news-to-work-says-needs/a1278cb3-bba4-4082-b268-25e32cacaa8a

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft news an error occurred

2. microsoft news error occurred

3. microsoft news error

4. microsoft news an error occured,
  5. microsoft news not working windows 10,
  6. refresh microsoft news,
  7. news an error occurred,
  8. why is microsoft news not working,
  9. why does microsoft news says error refresh,
  10. microsoft news an error has occurred,
  11. an error occurred try refreshing page microsoft weather news app,