Windows 10: MIcrosoft News Notifications - Hacked????

Discus and support MIcrosoft News Notifications - Hacked???? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; All right, Microsoft. I wake up today, and THIS is what greets me on my computer. I'm running an HP TouchSmart 300-1020 (an older computer) with... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by saganized, Mar 29, 2019.

1. saganized Win User

MIcrosoft News Notifications - Hacked????

All right, Microsoft. I wake up today, and THIS is what greets me on my computer. I'm running an HP TouchSmart 300-1020 (an older computer) with Windows 10 Home, Version 1809 installed 11/30/2018, OS Build 17763.379. I use Norton Security version 22.17.0.183, Malwarebytes, and my computer has been checked several times and is virus/malware-free.

I do not subscribe to ANYTHING called "My Movies." I have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA how this GARBAGE ended up in my Microsoft News Notification area (in the little Notifications area on the right side of the Taskbar).

Would you please explain how this happened? If ANYONE should know, YOU should; it's YOUR OPERATING SYSTEM! Has the Microsoft News Notifications feed been HACKED???? Are there any others who have seen this behavior in their Notifications area?MIcrosoft News Notifications - Hacked???? [​IMG]

:)

saganized, Mar 29, 2019

2. Microsoft News Notifications

Follow these steps to check if it works:

Step 1: Open the Windows Settings menu by pressing the Windows Key and “I,” or alternatively search for Settings in the Windows search bar and click the corresponding result.

Step 2: Click Notifications & Actions in the left-hand menu. This will take you to a screen providing access to all of the settings related to notifications and the Action Center.

Step 3: Click the System icon, then select Notifications and actions from the left-hand menu.

Step 4: Look for the Notifications subheading, where you will see a number of toggles for various types of notifications. The following is a list of the settings you can toggle on this screen:

• Get notifications from apps and other senders
    • Show notifications on the lock screen
    • Show alarms, reminders, and incoming VoIP calls on the lock screen
    • Hide notifications when duplicating my screen
    • Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows
    You may just turn them off the notification as you need.

PeterPeng3, Mar 29, 2019
  3. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Mar 29, 2019
  4. MIcrosoft News Notifications - Hacked????

Microsoft Account was hacked

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I’m sorry to hear that someone hacked into your Microsoft account.

I understand how frustrating this could be. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I would suggest you to click on the link below for steps to recover your account.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/get-back-blocked-account

Sometimes, you may not receive any notifications if the two steps verification settings is turned off.

Please follow the instructions in the link below and make sure that the setting is turned on.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/two-step-verification-faq

Hope this helps. Do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to help.

Wungraileng1709, Mar 29, 2019
Thema:

MIcrosoft News Notifications - Hacked????

1. MIcrosoft News Notifications - Hacked???? - Similar Threads - MIcrosoft News Notifications

2. The news notification not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The news notification not working: I'm using Windows 11 64 bit and for the past week when i click on a notification on the news I get a blank page that says "{"title":"Failed to forward request through Maestro.","status":404,"detail":"2023-07-14T03:10:45.3819130Z - Request host is not accepted for any route....
  3. The news notification not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The news notification not working: I'm using Windows 11 64 bit and for the past week when i click on a notification on the news I get a blank page that says "{"title":"Failed to forward request through Maestro.","status":404,"detail":"2023-07-14T03:10:45.3819130Z - Request host is not accepted for any route....
  4. News Notifications Not Opening.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    News Notifications Not Opening.: News Notifications Not Opening.I have a Microsoft Surface Book running Windows 10. I get notifications of news "Top Story", "Breaking News" and "Top Stories", but, when I click on one, I get the message "{"title":"Failed to forward request through...
  5. News Notifications Not Opening.

News Notifications Not Opening.: News Notifications Not Opening.I have a Microsoft Surface Book running Windows 10. I get notifications of news "Top Story", "Breaking News" and "Top Stories", but, when I click on one, I get the message "{"title":"Failed to forward request through...
  6. Microsoft News app is no longer sending notifications

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft News app is no longer sending notifications: Yesterday, a user reported that she was no longer getting MS News notifications after the 1903 update. She couldn't even find MS News in the list of notification senders one sees after clicking "Manage Notifications". I am having the same problem. However, I tried turning...
  7. Microsoft News

Microsoft News: Microsoft news loads approx. a page, much less than it used too. The rotating symbolat the bottom of the page suggests it is trying to load more but never succeeds! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-news/55671454-67b5-4261-bd3c-a0955d567be0"
  8. Microsoft News - Push Notification Services

Microsoft News - Push Notification Services: Hello, I was wondering a few things, and have a few things to share: -What port number does the Microsoft News App use for Breaking news notifications? -Which service provides breaking news notifications when App is not running? -Is this service locked down to Microsoft's...
  9. Microsoft News Notifications

Microsoft News Notifications: I keep getting these notifications, and always reply no. How can these notifications be cancelled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-news-notifications/cc171ace-2594-43f5-9aec-d3c8decc498e
  10. Breaking news notification

Breaking news notification: Hello , i have turn on the breaking news notification but i wont recive the notification :/ on news , then click on setting and i see is on , but 3 days and still no recive any mayor breaking new , btw i format my PC 3 days ago too , and i select all off in the installtion...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft news notification

2. micrsoft news notifications

3. microsoft news hacked

4. Microsoft News hacked?