Windows 10: Microsoft News - Push Notification Services

Discus and support Microsoft News - Push Notification Services in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello, I was wondering a few things, and have a few things to share: -What port number does the Microsoft News App use for Breaking news... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by iantheianimal, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Microsoft News - Push Notification Services

Hello, I was wondering a few things, and have a few things to share:

-What port number does the Microsoft News App use for Breaking news notifications?

-Which service provides breaking news notifications when App is not running?

-Is this service locked down to Microsoft's Servers to prevent "Rogue Notifications"?

This morning there were two notifications inside the Notification Center (Organized under "Microsoft News") that appeared as the following (with misspellings and poor grammar). The news source was listed as "My Movies", see below:

My Movies

thsi test notification

03:04 AM

My Movies

this is test notification

02:52 AM

I would like to feel confident these notifications could not be used to provide a malicious link. When I clicked on the notifications, the Microsoft News app opened and displayed an error.

:)

iantheianimal, Mar 29, 2019
  2. AlainD Win User

Can Windows Push Notification Services (WNS) be disabled?

There is no push notification service listed in the services list. Presumably WNS is a core Windows component.

Regular Microsoft-Windows-PushNotifications-Platform event log entries are being generated. After some research (e.g. blog about WNS) it appears that these "services" are related to Windows App Store application and live tiles updates. No article I've found mentions disabling WNS.

It is possible to completely disable WNS (e.g. using the registry)?

AlainD, Mar 29, 2019
  3. Microsoft News Notifications

Follow these steps to check if it works:

Step 1: Open the Windows Settings menu by pressing the Windows Key and “I,” or alternatively search for Settings in the Windows search bar and click the corresponding result.

Step 2: Click Notifications & Actions in the left-hand menu. This will take you to a screen providing access to all of the settings related to notifications and the Action Center.

Step 3: Click the System icon, then select Notifications and actions from the left-hand menu.

Step 4: Look for the Notifications subheading, where you will see a number of toggles for various types of notifications. The following is a list of the settings you can toggle on this screen:

• Get notifications from apps and other senders
    • Show notifications on the lock screen
    • Show alarms, reminders, and incoming VoIP calls on the lock screen
    • Hide notifications when duplicating my screen
    • Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows
    You may just turn them off the notification as you need.

PeterPeng3, Mar 29, 2019
  4. Microsoft News - Push Notification Services

disable push notification

Hi ptenter,

Are there any apps other than Twitter listed in the Background Task list? If so, disabling the use of push notifications in the settings of the apps that use this service can help to address the Twitter error you encoutnered.

Regards,

Greg

Gregory A., Mar 29, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft News - Push Notification Services

1. Microsoft News - Push Notification Services - Similar Threads - Microsoft News Push

2. Windows Push Notification Services WNS overview

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Push Notification Services WNS overview: My name is Rahaf. I represent The Ministry of Investment of Saudi Arabia. We want to install Windows Push Notification Services WNS overview, But I have a question. Does Windows Push Notification Services WNS overview can push Notifications through a server. Because we have a...
  3. Windows Push Notification Services WNS overview

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Push Notification Services WNS overview: My name is Rahaf. I represent The Ministry of Investment of Saudi Arabia. We want to install Windows Push Notification Services WNS overview, But I have a question. Does Windows Push Notification Services WNS overview can push Notifications through a server. Because we have a...
  4. Push Notifications for Employees?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Push Notifications for Employees?: Hey there, today I’m searching for an easy way to push notifications to our employees if there are networking issues or something like that. It could be either via the Windows 10 Notification Center or a popup message but it has to be simple. Maybe with the ability to add a...
  5. service host: windows push notification user service

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    service host: windows push notification user service: greetings I notice that every couple of days the laptop becomes very slow and it hangs up, while its cooling van noise becomes very high and the laptop temperature becomes high, service host: windows push notification user service 10d367f4 consumes most of the ram 98%...
  6. MIcrosoft News Notifications - Hacked????

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MIcrosoft News Notifications - Hacked????: All right, Microsoft. I wake up today, and THIS is what greets me on my computer. I'm running an HP TouchSmart 300-1020 (an older computer) with Windows 10 Home, Version 1809 installed 11/30/2018, OS Build 17763.379. I use Norton Security version 22.17.0.183, Malwarebytes,...
  7. Microsoft News Notifications

Microsoft News Notifications: I keep getting these notifications, and always reply no. How can these notifications be cancelled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-news-notifications/cc171ace-2594-43f5-9aec-d3c8decc498e
  8. Windows push notifications user service

Windows push notifications user service: Please help All new pc parts : Motherboard : Asus prime H310M-A CPU : Intel i5 8400 RAM : G.Skill ( xmp to 2400mhz) PSU : cooler master 450w masterwatt except HDD : Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB SATA 6Gb/s Scanned with no bad sectors or errors All drivers up to date...
  9. Windows Push Notification User Service always crashing

Windows Push Notification User Service always crashing: For the past week, I've continually found this critical error in my reliability monitor - Windows Push Notifications User Service stopped working. I have used sfc /scannow, chkdsk /f C: and DISM and they all have shown no problems. I have also done multiple virus/malware...
  10. Windows Push Notification User Service stopped working

Windows Push Notification User Service stopped working: Constant critical event in Reliability Monitor. Seems to happen at boot. Anyone have any solutions? Faulting Application Path: c:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: svchost.exe_WpnUserService Application...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows Push Notification Servicesdisable