Windows 10: Microsoft News Share Function "Mail" not working

Discus and support Microsoft News Share Function "Mail" not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Running Windows 10 on HP Spectre 360 When I want to share an article in Microsoft News there is a Share button with several options. The option for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by itobor, Jan 1, 2019.

1. itobor Win User

Microsoft News Share Function "Mail" not working

Running Windows 10 on HP Spectre 360

When I want to share an article in Microsoft News there is a Share button with several options. The option for "Mail" does not seem to work. When I click on it it asks which of the below listed Mail accounts I want to use - and then the listing is blank.

I use Outlook 2016 and have fully functional mail accounts with gmail.com, hotmail.com, me.com and yahoo.com.au, but none of these show up when I try to use the Share->Mail function. I can workaround by using the share "copy link" function, but would appreciate it if someone can explain how to get the Share-> Mail function to work.

:)

itobor, Jan 1, 2019
  2. Erwin_837 Win User

Share function in Edge won't work, for e-mail

OK, I think you have me (Erwin) and Scott mixed up, this was not my post.

But have another question on this subject -when you use this share function in Edge, it keeps the e-mail addresses of the 5 or so most often used addresses in a list for easy retrieval. But if you want to delete a e-mail address off this list, there is
    no way of doing this, why not?

Erwin_837, Jan 1, 2019
  3. Erwin_837 Win User
    Share function in Edge won't work, for e-mail

Thanks for quick response and suggestions . I did not have an existing account with the Mail app, so nothing to delete there, but I did add my personal e-mail account to the Mail App account. I also switched from signing in with a local account to signing
    in with the Microsoft account. Then rebooted. Nothing has changed with the Edge Share function. I should have mentioned in my original e-mail that I had decided to hide the "Mail" and One Note " in the Edge Share app options and then unhide them to see
    if that would make a difference but now they completely gone when I try to share something, and there is no provision to unhide them.

So now when I try to share a website or a screenshot, I get a message that I do not have any apps to share stuff.

How do install apps within Share to share stuff?

I noticed on my other computer that it has Twitter, One Note, Mail, Messenger and my personal e-mail as apps available to Share, I have no idea how they got there during the initial set-up, but they are there and it works. On this computer, I only had the
    Mail and OneNote apps from the start and now I have hid both of them, and have nothing to work with.

So I still need to know how to install my personal e-mail app within the Share program and how to install the Twitter app and how to restore the hidden One Note app. This should not be that hard to do but I find it very frustrating to work with. I think
    something got screwed up during the initial set-up of the Share function and now it is locked up or unresponsive, and no way to change it that I can see.

Thanks.

Erwin

Erwin_837, Jan 1, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Microsoft News Share Function "Mail" not working :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jan 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft News Share Function "Mail" not working - Similar Threads - Microsoft News Share

2. What's changed in MSN news functionality?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What's changed in MSN news functionality?: Lately, i've been unable to comment on MSN news articles. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us It tells me "To comment, you’ll need to be signed into the Edge browser with a personal account. If you already have a community profile, make sure to sign into Edge with the same...
  3. News and Weather Function

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    News and Weather Function: How do I get the news and weather function on my PC. I have kept checking for updates, and going into taskbar settings and could not figure out how to. submitted by /u/uno_arjuno [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/nc853f/news_and_weather_function/
  4. microsoft news don't work

microsoft news don't work: Microsoft news ne fonctionne pas sous Windows 10 2004; l'appli s'ouvre et se ferme aussitôt. Merci pour votre aide. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-news-dont-work/2549eb8d-5590-4f85-8a0c-86a49b8f0ac5
  5. Microsoft News App not working

Microsoft News App not working: When I click on the Microsoft app in menu, It shows up in taskbar. But its windows is not opening. What can be the reason? How to solve it? 167081
  6. Microsoft Weather News & Radar Not Working

Microsoft Weather News & Radar Not Working: I have been using the Microsoft Weather app, and up until now things have been smooth for the most part. There are two things I'd like to address with this app that continue to bug me. Firstly is the weather news. Whenever I open news, I continue to receive this error...
  7. Search function in mail app not working

Search function in mail app not working: Worked fine until today. Tried troubleshooter, tried reset account, tried uninstall and re-install.. no joy Search icon just spins forever and no results appear. Can send and receive mail as normal. Anyone else seeing this? Any ideas? Many thanks in advance...
  8. Microsoft Money, News and Alarm not working

Microsoft Money, News and Alarm not working: My Microsoft Money, News and Alarm apps are not working. It will just crash everything I run it. I have tried solutions given by other experts like powershell trick to deregister and stuffs but none works. I am using Windows Pro with latest build 1809 and my Surface Go is...
  9. Microsoft News App Not Working

Microsoft News App Not Working: The Microsoft News App has stopped working. The Money and Sports app are working fine. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app from the Microsoft store. When I attempt to start the app, instead of a screen with a red background, I get a screen with a black background....
  10. Good news Samba shares TO Windows working again

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Good news Samba shares TO Windows working again: Hi there. After the latest set of Windows updates my SAMBA TO WINDOWS is working again -- note SAMBA TO WINDOWS --there never was any problem with WINDOWS TO SAMBA. I haven't changed / updated server for months now --stable and it doesn't change very often -- using CENTOS...