Windows 10: Microsoft News tile icon missing

Discus and support Microsoft News tile icon missing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My Microsoft News icon has gone blank. How can I restore the picture? ***Original title: Windows 10 News Icon***... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TillieLuna, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Microsoft News tile icon missing

My Microsoft News icon has gone blank. How can I restore the picture?

***Original title: Windows 10 News Icon***

:)

TillieLuna, Jul 19, 2019
  2. Florrian Win User

Modify Microsoft Office Icons/Tiles

To modify both the icons and tiles of programs such as Microsoft Office suite, Mozilla Firefox and Thunderbird, it gets one step trickier than what I explained above. After having creating the shortcut toward the fake homonym app, you need to use Windows Tile Color Changer to change the tile background color. Just click "Change Tile Color" without selecting any to get the automatic background color (orange in my case).

Step by step:
    1. Go in Microsoft Office folder (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15 for Windows 10 and Office 15)
    2. Rename EXCEL.EXE in EXCEL2.EXE, or any other application whose icon you want to edit
    3. Create a new text document (or whatever you like) on your desktop, and give it the initial name of the Office application you are working on (EXCEL.exe here)
    4. Move the fake file into the Office folder
    5. Create a shortcut toward the fake application on your desktop, and change shortcut icon (you will not be able to do it anymore after step 6)
    5. bis Change tile background color using Windows Tile Color Changer
    6. Delete the fake file in the Office folder, and give the real Office program its original name
    7. Pin your new shortcut to your Start menu

And here is the result:

Microsoft News tile icon missing [​IMG]

Florrian, Jul 19, 2019
  3. Live tiles not working on my new laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Does this issue persist with all the Live tiles icon?
    • Are you able to view the different app’s tiles icon on Start menu?
    I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if issue gets resolved:

• Press the Windows key to open the Start menu.
    • Right click on the Tiles and click “turn live tile on”.
    • Repeat step 2 on the desired tiles.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jul 19, 2019
  4. Florrian Win User

Microsoft News tile icon missing

Modify Microsoft Office Icons/Tiles

EDIT: only works for icons, not for tiles :/

Ok, I just found a way but it is not really straightforward. It consists in creating a shortcut toward a homonym application for each of the Microsoft Office programs, and then deleting the homonym application and renaming the real Microsoft Office program. If you create a shortcut directly to one of the program, you will not be able to modify the icon.

Step by step:
    1. Go in Microsoft Office folder (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15 for Windows 10 and Office 15)
    2. Rename EXCEL.EXE in EXCEL2.EXE, or any other application whose icon you want to edit
    3. Create a new text document (or whatever you like) on your desktop, and give it the initial name of the Office application you are working on (EXCEL.exe here)
    4. Move the fake file into the Office folder
    5. Create a shortcut toward the fake application on your desktop, and change shortcut icon (you will not be able to do it anymore after step 6)
    6. Delete the fake file in the Office folder, and give the real Office program its original name
    7. Pin your new shortcut to your Start menu

Florrian, Jul 19, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft News tile icon missing

1. Microsoft News tile icon missing - Similar Threads - Microsoft News tile

2. tile icon of preinstalled apps are missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    tile icon of preinstalled apps are missing: hi I have an Asus tuf laptop and I bought it in December 2020 till January mid it was normal but after that, the tile icon image of preinstalled apps are missing, I tried every possible thing I can do like I checked for updates and I did all the updates available still it was...
  3. Tiles and Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tiles and Icons: Why won't my Alienware laptop running an Intel I7-6500U CPU @ 2.50 Ghz, 8 GB ram, 500 GB Hard drive, 64 bit with touch screen. Windows 10 version 1903, with OS build 18362.836. Why won't it save to tiles anymore after last update? Either need ability to have desktop icons or...
  4. Windows live tile (news) not updating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows live tile (news) not updating: The news live tile on my laptop has been showing the same headlines for the past week or more, and is obviously not updating. If I click on it, the content that opens is current, so it's just the tile itself that is 'blocked'. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but...
  5. MICROSOFT APPS TILES AND MICROSOFT NEWS, GROOVE IMAGES ARE BLANK

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MICROSOFT APPS TILES AND MICROSOFT NEWS, GROOVE IMAGES ARE BLANK: This is the below snapshots from my PC where the app tile icons images and the Microsoft thumbnails are blank [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-apps-tiles-and-microsoft-news-groove/2388e7b4-c5ee-4f07-9e8b-8331e435a98e
  6. Startup Menu tile icon missing

Startup Menu tile icon missing: Tile of UWP apps does not show icon in startup menu, the tile is blank and just display background colors. Name of app could be displayed only when in medium size. Other informations: 1. Only newly installed UWP apps have this problem. 2. Before the problem shows up, I...
  7. No icon on tile

No icon on tile: When I pin the Crome exe to start menu all is well, but if I change the size to small it will lose the icon and tile is faded? Anyone have a fix for this? 32331
  8. Modify Microsoft Office Icons/Tiles

Modify Microsoft Office Icons/Tiles: Hello guys, first post on the forum, I have modified most of my programs icons in Windows 10 Start menu to get something more homogeneous. I will upload a print screen for you to see guys. The problem is: I couldn't find a way to modify Microsoft Office apps icons and...
  9. Icons and Tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons and Tiles: I have wondered why tile has become the key word for what used to be icon? Is there really a difference other than size? Programs have become apps. I know tablets changed our reference words but when an app has more code than some programs isn't it really a program? I...
  10. Missing App Tile ICONs

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing App Tile ICONs: Greetings! I'm experiencing an odd issue with my Surface Book with Performance Base where occasionally some of the Start Menu Tiles are missing their ICONs after returning from sleep. The Tile itself is still there and when triggered will successfully launch the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. news tile missing