Windows 10: Microsoft news

Discus and support Microsoft news in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I would like to not ever receive any new about sports. I have turned off everything I know of but it still sneaks through by way of breaking news or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by John_Eberhardt, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Microsoft news

I would like to not ever receive any new about sports. I have turned off everything I know of but it still sneaks through by way of breaking news or headlines today about some sports guy dying.

:)

John_Eberhardt, Sep 23, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 23, 2020
  3. Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    Microsoft Paint avoids brush with death

dorsetknob, Sep 23, 2020
  4. Microsoft news

bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft news

1. Microsoft news - Similar Threads - Microsoft news

2. Why am I unable to reply to Microsoft news articles.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I unable to reply to Microsoft news articles.: As title. Not just this post but others too. * Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-unable-to-reply-to-microsoft-news/3bf7373d-3ecd-48ab-8fa2-459d61acc8a9
  3. Why am I unable to reply to Microsoft news articles.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why am I unable to reply to Microsoft news articles.: As title. Not just this post but others too. * Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-unable-to-reply-to-microsoft-news/3bf7373d-3ecd-48ab-8fa2-459d61acc8a9
  4. Why dont I get notifications when someone replies to me on microsoft start news articles?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why dont I get notifications when someone replies to me on microsoft start news articles?: How can I get notifications? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-dont-i-get-notifications-when-someone-replies/bf6703dc-bac5-4b97-84c5-21a183b76fba
  5. Why dont I get notifications when someone replies to me on microsoft start news articles?

Why dont I get notifications when someone replies to me on microsoft start news articles?: How can I get notifications? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-dont-i-get-notifications-when-someone-replies/bf6703dc-bac5-4b97-84c5-21a183b76fba
  6. In Microsoft News, how do I mask my name?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Microsoft News, how do I mask my name?: Looking to mask my name when commenting on articles.For example, Firstname Lastname would be shown as F******** L*******Moderator - this post is probably in the wrong place. Please move or reply with guidance....
  7. In Microsoft News, how do I mask my name?

In Microsoft News, how do I mask my name?: Looking to mask my name when commenting on articles.For example, Firstname Lastname would be shown as F******** L*******Moderator - this post is probably in the wrong place. Please move or reply with guidance....
  8. Microsoft Start news feed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Start news feed: Why does my Microsoft Start news feed contain posts from extremely right biased and low credibility feeds like the "Princess Free Zone"? I always look to Microsoft to be unbiased and factual, very disappointed....
  9. Microsoft Start news feed

Microsoft Start news feed: Why does my Microsoft Start news feed contain posts from extremely right biased and low credibility feeds like the "Princess Free Zone"? I always look to Microsoft to be unbiased and factual, very disappointed....
  10. The MSN/Microsoft Start news is an assortment of horrors between fake news and obscenity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The MSN/Microsoft Start news is an assortment of horrors between fake news and obscenity: Instead of killing Windows Phone, you should have shut down MSN's news platform. It wasn't necessary to create a database with all the horrors of the internet to scare users away every time they naively hover over the Widgets icon. Please consider removing this platform or at...