Windows 10: Microsoft no longer allows to block Store access in Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Microsoft no longer allows to block Store access in Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft is no longer allowing administrators to block Windows 10 Pro users' access to the Windows Store. Up until a month ago, admins could use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, May 4, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft no longer allows to block Store access in Windows 10 Pro

Read more: Microsoft no longer allows administrators to block Windows Store access in Windows 10 Pro | ZDNet

Microsoft no longer allows to block Store access in Windows 10 Pro [​IMG]
    Note Reference: How to Allow or Block Access to the Store App in Windows 10

:)

Brink, May 4, 2016
  2. Smaby Win User

Blocking Windows 10 store question (enterprise)

The reason you cannot block the windows store is because Microsoft blocked the ability to block the Windows store with the 1511 update. It is only allowed on Windows 10 Enterprise now and not Pro. I am having a hard time accepting this as businesses need
    this option and the Pro (business standard) edition does not support it.

Smaby, May 4, 2016
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, May 4, 2016
  4. Microsoft no longer allows to block Store access in Windows 10 Pro

I would think that's going to mean buying licenses for Enterprise or Education for some companies? Extra expense if PC's purchased came with Pro installed. It kind of negates the free upgrade offer too, if they need to block store access. Will the reg file option still work, I wonder?

alphanumeric, May 4, 2016
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I just tested in build 14332, and the group policy and .reg no longer has any affect on the Store.

Brink, May 4, 2016
  6. I had a feeling they would block that from working, thanks for testing it out. I'm not running an insider build at the moment or I would have checked it myself.

7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Anytime. Yeah, I'm not sure it's a good idea to prevent being able to block the Store. A choice is always best.

Brink, May 4, 2016
  8. Microsoft no longer allows to block Store access in Windows 10 Pro

I guess they want you to pay for the privilege? It won't be an option for your average consumer, they are pretty well limited to Home and Pro. Corporate customers will have to upgrade to Enterprise or Education to get that option. This won't go over very well, IMHO. On the plus side, if you BYOD and its running Home or Pro, the IT guy won't be able to lock you out of the Store. Not easily anyway.

9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, May 4, 2016
  10. EdTittel Win User
    For my take on this laughable and lamentable situation, please see No Blocking Store Access in Win10Pro over at TechTarget's IT Knowledge Exchange. Thanks, Shawn, for bringing this to my attention. I'm equally appalled and amused, as I'm sure many SMB Windows buyers and users will also be. IMO, they oughta put a sign up over the Microsoft Volume Licensing Service Center that reads "abandon all hope, ye who enter here." Dante would approve!
    --Ed--

EdTittel, May 4, 2016
  11. Cliff S New Member
    Oh that's dangerous. The ONLY way to reinstall is a repair install.
    Shawn I hope no one gets any dumb ideas when the read that*Wink
    I already did that once during the TP. You know me!

Cliff S, May 4, 2016
  12. davidhk Win User
    So, the small business sector using the Pro version will have to pay for a Enterprise version or Education version ?

davidhk, May 4, 2016
  13. aramil Win User

Kaspersky Internet security still allows you to block the store from opening, in application control.

Microsoft no longer allows to block Store access in Windows 10 Pro [​IMG]

aramil, May 4, 2016
  14. Only if they want to block Store access on employee PC's.. Otherwise its business as usual.

15. MS are really "pulling out all the stops" in the "annoy your customers department".

lehnerus2000, May 4, 2016
Thema:

1. Microsoft no longer allows to block Store access in Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Microsoft longer allows

2. Microsoft Store Blocked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Blocked: HelloSince about a month all employees in our company get the message "Microsoft Store is blocked"screenshot. We have configured the following policies:...
  3. Microsoft Store no longer on my Windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store no longer on my Windows 10: Hello, Please help. Firstly my Microsoft Store was not updating apps then I chat with one of the Microsoft agents who advised me to run a code to uninstall back. After uninstalling it with the code through Powershell, we could no longer reinstall it with the reinstall code.We...
  4. Microsoft Store no longer on my Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store no longer on my Windows 10: Hello, Please help. Firstly my Microsoft Store was not updating apps then I chat with one of the Microsoft agents who advised me to run a code to uninstall back. After uninstalling it with the code through Powershell, we could no longer reinstall it with the reinstall code.We...
  5. Microsoft store is blocked

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft store is blocked: Don't know if my kids downloaded something, but suddenly my Microsoft store is blocked by administrator, I get access denied when I try to connect a USB drive. window setting comes up as a blank screen. I tried windows reset but after it resets it errors with windows...
  6. Admin store blocked access

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Admin store blocked access: here’s hoping this in the correct forum. Ah well here goes: Currently using Windows10 but have a problem Disk Management will not run - I get a message "An Administrator has block access...etc". So far have tried a number of Internet suggested solutions: Disable Smart...
  7. Windows 10 Pro Block user access to settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Pro Block user access to settings: We are a small school with a number of laptops running Windows 10 Professional for Student use. Each of these Student Computers has an Admin User login and a Student User login. The Student User on each is a local account (i.e. not Administrator). Students borrow laptops...
  8. Allow or Block Microsoft Accounts in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Allow or Block Microsoft Accounts in Windows 10: How to: Allow or Block Microsoft Accounts in Windows 10 How to Allow or Block Microsoft Accounts in Windows 10 [img] Information Have you ever used Outlook.com, Hotmail, Office 365, OneDrive, Skype, Xbox, or Windows? The email address and password you use for any of...
  9. Allow or Block Access to Microsoft Store App in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Allow or Block Access to Microsoft Store App in Windows 10: How to: Allow or Block Access to Microsoft Store App in Windows 10 How to Allow or Block Access to Microsoft Store App in Windows 10 The Microsoft Store app in Windows 10 offers various apps, games, music, movies & TV, and books that users can browse through, purchase,...
  10. Allow or Block Cookies in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Allow or Block Cookies in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Allow or Block Cookies in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Allow or Block Cookies in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and...