Windows 10: Microsoft no longer allows to block Store access in Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Microsoft no longer allows to block Store access in Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; To be honest, while this move certainly doesn't build good will, it makes a lot of sense. Companies, even smallish businesses should probably be going... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, May 4, 2016.

1. Mystere Win User

Microsoft no longer allows to block Store access in Windows 10 Pro

To be honest, while this move certainly doesn't build good will, it makes a lot of sense. Companies, even smallish businesses should probably be going to the Volume Licensing route anyways. It does save money, but most smaller companies don't know enough about VL pricing or how to go about it.

However, there are any number of options one can use to still block access, such as blocking the store via firewall.

Getting companies to move to Enterprise licensing also means they can use the Windows Update For Business to manage their update process, as well as give control to allow users to download certain app store apps if they so want.

I think Microsoft has a lot of customers that are too afraid to change, or too slow to change, or just don't know enough to change, and they're trying to push them towards the way that makes the most sense overall.

Mystere, May 6, 2016

2. Being unable to log into Store, even when I want to, I think, that the Store is effectively blocked. *Tongue

TairikuOkami, May 6, 2016
  3. That's likely no big deal for a large company that already has volume licensing. If your a small company though, they may just buy their PC's with Pro preinstalled and run on the OEM license. Switching to volume licensing could end up being an added expense. Pro will do Windows Update For Business too I believe, likely has to be joined to a domain though. I'm not an IT type guy so I could be way off track on this.

alphanumeric, May 6, 2016
  4. Microsoft no longer allows to block Store access in Windows 10 Pro

I have just checked my build and the Group Policy Editor no longer lists this option either.

Tried to run the tutorial .reg and it also does not work --- the default is back after a reboot .....

Not too phased by it, but still do not like the idea ... What else is MS planning to remove form the WIN 10 Pro version?

What "benefits" are there going to be in running WIN 10 Pro??

Geoff Daniell, May 6, 2016
  5. OilerNut Win User
    I really hate how Microsoft removes stuff or refuses to give us a GPO for some key functions in Windows 10.

Are they really that worried that someone will disable the store and not purchase thousands of apps? The people disabling it likely won't be the ones buying their apps, and the majority of home users have no clue what a GPO even is.

The one that really pissed me off is how 1511 had started installing Candy Crush in the Enterprise edition. So I figure it's only a matter of time until you won't be able to disable the Store in the Enterprise version either.

LTSB is looking better and better by the day.

OilerNut, May 6, 2016
  6. All depends on what you do with your PC. I run Pro so I can remote desktop into that PC. There are likely a few other features I use that I just take for granted, that Home doesn't have. There are still a list of other features it has that Home doesn't. I use the Store and some Apps. I have no interest in disabling them.

7. Except consumers can't run that version. It's only available to business customers, or those with an MSDN subscription.

8. OilerNut Win User

Yeah, I understand that. But they treat the Enterprise version like a consumer version too which annoys me was the point I was trying to make.

OilerNut, May 6, 2016
  9. vfoster Win User
    Does this include disabling Windows Update service? On some of my W10 installs, I have this service disabled and it prevents me from updating Windows Apps from the store.

vfoster, May 8, 2016
  10. I doubt it has anything to do with that. Its just disabling the Store App, just that 1 App from being used as far as I know. It stops you from accessing the Windows Store. Other Apps will still function.

alphanumeric, May 8, 2016
  11. Yes! I chose pro for the same reason. I also use the remote desktop facility, and I also use other "features" that I take for granted. I do not always have a reliable Internet connection, hence why I use any feature that allows me to control the update process. So when MS starts taking away "features" in Pro, my hackles rise .... When are they going to take away a feature I use all the time?

Geoff Daniell, May 10, 2016
  12. I get what your saying, but in this case, all they took away was the ability to turn off a feature. Things are going to change with the current way Windows is updated. I'm not saying I agree with it, but Windows is going to evolve with each new build.

alphanumeric, May 10, 2016
  13. Microsoft no longer allows to block Store access in Windows 10 Pro

Well in the Enterprise you don't want workers to be able to install software. My company only gives admin rights to install software to the desktop support people. Im in applications and I can't install software at most of the workers PC's. Now if they are my clients then I have admin right and can install. But this is in Windows 7 environment and we will have to adapt when we move to Windows 10.

orlbuckeye, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft no longer allows to block Store access in Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Microsoft longer allows

2. Microsoft Store Blocked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Blocked: HelloSince about a month all employees in our company get the message "Microsoft Store is blocked"screenshot. We have configured the following policies:...
  3. Microsoft Store Blocked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store Blocked: HelloSince about a month all employees in our company get the message "Microsoft Store is blocked"screenshot. We have configured the following policies:...
  4. Microsoft Store no longer on my Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store no longer on my Windows 10: Hello, Please help. Firstly my Microsoft Store was not updating apps then I chat with one of the Microsoft agents who advised me to run a code to uninstall back. After uninstalling it with the code through Powershell, we could no longer reinstall it with the reinstall code.We...
  5. Microsoft store is blocked

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft store is blocked: Don't know if my kids downloaded something, but suddenly my Microsoft store is blocked by administrator, I get access denied when I try to connect a USB drive. window setting comes up as a blank screen. I tried windows reset but after it resets it errors with windows...
  6. Admin store blocked access

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Admin store blocked access: here’s hoping this in the correct forum. Ah well here goes: Currently using Windows10 but have a problem Disk Management will not run - I get a message "An Administrator has block access...etc". So far have tried a number of Internet suggested solutions: Disable Smart...
  7. Windows 10 Pro Block user access to settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Pro Block user access to settings: We are a small school with a number of laptops running Windows 10 Professional for Student use. Each of these Student Computers has an Admin User login and a Student User login. The Student User on each is a local account (i.e. not Administrator). Students borrow laptops...
  8. Allow or Block Microsoft Accounts in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Allow or Block Microsoft Accounts in Windows 10: How to: Allow or Block Microsoft Accounts in Windows 10 How to Allow or Block Microsoft Accounts in Windows 10 [img] Information Have you ever used Outlook.com, Hotmail, Office 365, OneDrive, Skype, Xbox, or Windows? The email address and password you use for any of...
  9. Allow or Block Access to Microsoft Store App in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Allow or Block Access to Microsoft Store App in Windows 10: How to: Allow or Block Access to Microsoft Store App in Windows 10 How to Allow or Block Access to Microsoft Store App in Windows 10 The Microsoft Store app in Windows 10 offers various apps, games, music, movies & TV, and books that users can browse through, purchase,...
  10. Allow or Block Cookies in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Allow or Block Cookies in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Allow or Block Cookies in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Allow or Block Cookies in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and...