Windows 10: Microsoft not sending verification code

Discus and support Microsoft not sending verification code in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Following an update to one machine I had to set up a new PIN. Can't do that without a code. Microsoft say code sent. Code doesn't arrive. Can't change... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by kennyallen1, Oct 12, 2021.

1. Microsoft not sending verification code

Following an update to one machine I had to set up a new PIN. Can't do that without a code. Microsoft say code sent. Code doesn't arrive. Can't change or add an email via another device without a code. Microsoft say code sent. Code doesn't arrive.Changing the PIN on the working machine doesn't help with the other. Email is working and the email isn't going into junk or spam.So - I can change PINs and passwords on one device but can't do anything that would help me with a PIN for the other machine without a code. Microsoft say code sent. Which doesn't arrive.

:)

kennyallen1, Oct 12, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

Unprompted Microsoft verification text

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Have you enabled two step verification?

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?

If you have enabled two step verification in the Microsoft account. You’ll get a security code to your email, phone, or authenticator app every time you sign in on a device that isn't trusted.

Refer the link below for more information.

About two-step verification.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/two-step-verification-faq

Security info & security codes.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/account-security-password-information

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Arun B J, Oct 12, 2021
  3. Oubadah Win User
    Two-Step Verification notifications no longer work after using code

I had to log into my MS account one time without my two-factor device being online, so used the "I have a code" method (which, incidentally, takes more steps than it should). Now every MS login defaults to the code method, and when I click "Send an identity verification request to my Microsoft Authenticator app", it never sends the request. How do I re-enable the automatic Approve/Deny two-factor verification notifications?

Oubadah, Oct 12, 2021
  4. Microsoft not sending verification code

Unable to get Verification code

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

To begin with troubleshooting I would like you to answer the following question:

• Which email client are you using?
    • What exactly do you mean by"I have entered but unfortunately there is email code send to my inbox whatsoever."?
    • Are you not receiving any verification code to your primary account that you have access to?
    • Is your phone number registered to get the verification code?

Please get back to us with reponse in oreder to assist you accordingly.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Oct 12, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft not sending verification code

1. Microsoft not sending verification code - Similar Threads - Microsoft sending verification

2. Email Verification Code Not Sending?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email Verification Code Not Sending?: When I am on my Microsoft account page, some options require me to verify my email through a verification code. I select the option for the code to be sent to my Gmail account, but it never gets sent. I've tried switching devices, browsers, checked spam folder, checked "all...
  3. Email Verification Code Not Sending?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email Verification Code Not Sending?: When I am on my Microsoft account page, some options require me to verify my email through a verification code. I select the option for the code to be sent to my Gmail account, but it never gets sent. I've tried switching devices, browsers, checked spam folder, checked "all...
  4. Microsoft not sending verification code SMS text

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft not sending verification code SMS text: [IMG]If Microsoft is not sending a verification code or SMS text to you when you sign in or create an account, then this post will be able to help you. As it’s an issue of concern, it should be fixed immediately. Fortunately, this post features easy methods to fix it. Why am...
  5. Microsoft never sends verification code email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft never sends verification code email: I recently purchased a laptop that had Windows 11 on it, and I created a Microsoft account, but I cannot make any changes to my account because it keeps requiring me to enter a verification code to do anything....This is a problem because the verification code can only be...
  6. Microsoft never sends verification code email

Microsoft never sends verification code email: I recently purchased a laptop that had Windows 11 on it, and I created a Microsoft account, but I cannot make any changes to my account because it keeps requiring me to enter a verification code to do anything....This is a problem because the verification code can only be...
  7. Microsoft won't send me verification code emails

Microsoft won't send me verification code emails: Hello,When I ask for Microsoft to send me an email with the code I need to input to verify it's me, the email just won't arrive.It happens wether I want to sign in on microsoft.com or Xbox, or when I want to change my password or other information on my account.I was locked...
  8. Microsoft not sending verification code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft not sending verification code: Following an update to one machine I had to set up a new PIN. Can't do that without a code. Microsoft say code sent. Code doesn't arrive. Can't change or add an email via another device without a code. Microsoft say code sent. Code doesn't arrive.Changing the PIN on the...
  9. Microsoft not sending verification code

Microsoft not sending verification code: Following an update to one machine I had to set up a new PIN. Can't do that without a code. Microsoft say code sent. Code doesn't arrive. Can't change or add an email via another device without a code. Microsoft say code sent. Code doesn't arrive.Changing the PIN on the...
  10. Microsoft not sending verification code to email

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft not sending verification code to email: I've yet to see a solution to my problem. I actually went to try and update my security info on my account which requires a second verification after already having logged in with my password, so I chose to send to my email, not my hotmail for some reason, but another...