Windows 10: Microsoft not sending verification code

Discus and support Microsoft not sending verification code in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Following an update to one machine I had to set up a new PIN. Can't do that without a code. Microsoft say code sent. Code doesn't arrive. Can't change... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by kennyallen1, Oct 12, 2021.

1. Microsoft not sending verification code

Following an update to one machine I had to set up a new PIN. Can't do that without a code. Microsoft say code sent. Code doesn't arrive. Can't change or add an email via another device without a code. Microsoft say code sent. Code doesn't arrive.Changing the PIN on the working machine doesn't help with the other. Email is working and the email isn't going into junk or spam.So - I can change PINs and passwords on one device but can't do anything that would help me with a PIN for the other machine without a code. Microsoft say code sent. Which doesn't arrive.

:)

kennyallen1, Oct 12, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

Unprompted Microsoft verification text

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Have you enabled two step verification?

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?

If you have enabled two step verification in the Microsoft account. You’ll get a security code to your email, phone, or authenticator app every time you sign in on a device that isn't trusted.

Refer the link below for more information.

About two-step verification.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/two-step-verification-faq

Security info & security codes.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/account-security-password-information

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Arun B J, Oct 12, 2021
  3. Oubadah Win User
    Two-Step Verification notifications no longer work after using code

I had to log into my MS account one time without my two-factor device being online, so used the "I have a code" method (which, incidentally, takes more steps than it should). Now every MS login defaults to the code method, and when I click "Send an identity verification request to my Microsoft Authenticator app", it never sends the request. How do I re-enable the automatic Approve/Deny two-factor verification notifications?

Oubadah, Oct 12, 2021
  4. Microsoft not sending verification code

Unable to get Verification code

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

To begin with troubleshooting I would like you to answer the following question:

• Which email client are you using?
    • What exactly do you mean by"I have entered but unfortunately there is email code send to my inbox whatsoever."?
    • Are you not receiving any verification code to your primary account that you have access to?
    • Is your phone number registered to get the verification code?

Please get back to us with reponse in oreder to assist you accordingly.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Oct 12, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft not sending verification code

1. Microsoft not sending verification code - Similar Threads - Microsoft sending verification

2. Microsoft not sending verification code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft not sending verification code: Following an update to one machine I had to set up a new PIN. Can't do that without a code. Microsoft say code sent. Code doesn't arrive. Can't change or add an email via another device without a code. Microsoft say code sent. Code doesn't arrive.Changing the PIN on the...
  3. Microsoft not sending verification code

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft not sending verification code: Following an update to one machine I had to set up a new PIN. Can't do that without a code. Microsoft say code sent. Code doesn't arrive. Can't change or add an email via another device without a code. Microsoft say code sent. Code doesn't arrive.Changing the PIN on the...
  4. MICROSOFT WON'T SEND ME A VERIFICATION CODE EMAIL

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MICROSOFT WON'T SEND ME A VERIFICATION CODE EMAIL: I have been locked out of my account since last year and Microsoft won't do a thing about it. I've sent multiple emails and phoned multiple times and nothing will work. I am getting charged 7 pound a month for a Xbox live gold membership I CANT EVEN USE BECAUSE YOU WONT LET...
  5. verification code

verification code: I keep getting a Microsoft verification code on my phone but I do not know what is supposed to be verifying. How do I discover that information? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/verification-code/6572ac04-f6b8-4554-8ca8-3c9bf24a6871
  6. Verification codes

Verification codes: Hello,i am receiving verification codes sometimes without me sign in. It is someone trying to get into my account or is just a glitch? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/verification-codes/33ee5789-4a56-47d8-b947-098b3790d0ef
  7. Microsoft not sending verification code to email

Microsoft not sending verification code to email: I've yet to see a solution to my problem. I actually went to try and update my security info on my account which requires a second verification after already having logged in with my password, so I chose to send to my email, not my hotmail for some reason, but another...
  8. CODE VERIFICATION

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CODE VERIFICATION: I HAVE ENTERED MY VERIFICATION CODE BUT IT FREEZES AT THAT POINT NO FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS GIVEN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/code-verification/ffa5b66e-90db-4ebe-b5bb-76cf08e2e3a5
  9. Windows 10 keeps requesting and then sending verification code

Windows 10 keeps requesting and then sending verification code: When logging into Windows 10, it request a verification code. I enter an alt email address and enter the verification code. It keeps repeating this process, even though I am entering the correct verification code! How do I get pass this bug?...
  10. Verification code

Verification code: Hi, Ive just been sent a four digit ver. code to reactivate my Microsoft account. The problem is I cant get back to the screen which will allow me to enter it! Any help would be much appreciated. M....