Windows 10: Microsoft Notepad file saving

Discus and support Microsoft Notepad file saving in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I was working on my notepad file and 100% remember saving it. I went away from the pc for a short time and when I came back, all the progress I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MarkoMarković1, May 7, 2022.

1. Microsoft Notepad file saving

Hello, I was working on my notepad file and 100% remember saving it. I went away from the pc for a short time and when I came back, all the progress I made during that session was gone. What I guess happened is that I closed the actual file I was working on, but what waited for me when I came back was another window of that same file that I had also opened2 windows of the same file opened, but I worked on only one. Anyway, when I closed the unedited file, I opened the file again and I expected it to now have all the progress but it didn't. Could it be that I clicked save again on the unedite

:)

MarkoMarković1, May 7, 2022
  2. Gil deG Win User

Can't find saved NotePad in files

Hi,

Possible that you accidentally save the files in a different file extension name.

In order for us to resolved your concern, we need to ask some information to isolate the issue.

1. How do you save the file in Notepad? It's better to provide the step by step procedure on how do you save the file.

2. How do you search your saved Notepad file?

3. Is it all files saved in Notepad that you cannot find after saving?

4. Are you getting an error message when you try to find the files saved in Notepad?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Gil deG, May 7, 2022
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    First time using Notepad

Hi,

Microsoft Notepad is a word processing tool included with Windows and is installed by default under the Accessories program group. If you want to create notes using Notepad, follow these steps:

• In the Cortana search bar, type Notepad.
    • From the search results of Cortana, select Notepad.
    • In the Notepad window, type your notes.
    • If you're ready to save the Notepad file, click File.
    • Choose Save as.
    • On the Save as window, select the location where you want to save the Notepad file.
    • In the File name text box, type the name of the Notepad file.
    • Click Save.
    If you still have any questions, kindly reply to this thread.

Argel Obm, May 7, 2022
  4. ak_it Win User

Microsoft Notepad file saving

save notepad file

You cannot save the file type as a .doc directly from Notepad, but you can save the file as a text file, open it with Word and save it as a .doc file.

ak_it, May 7, 2022
Thema:

Microsoft Notepad file saving

1. Microsoft Notepad file saving - Similar Threads - Microsoft Notepad file

2. Are Notepad files saved online?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are Notepad files saved online?: I have two laptops that I use, and one of them has a notepad file that I made quite a while ago, and didn't really need up until now. Unfortunately, the laptop that I used to for the notepad is now packed away, and I'm in a different country, so it's not something I can...
  3. Are Notepad files saved online?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are Notepad files saved online?: I have two laptops that I use, and one of them has a notepad file that I made quite a while ago, and didn't really need up until now. Unfortunately, the laptop that I used to for the notepad is now packed away, and I'm in a different country, so it's not something I can...
  4. Microsoft Notepad file saving

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Notepad file saving: Hello, I was working on my notepad file and 100% remember saving it. I went away from the pc for a short time and when I came back, all the progress I made during that session was gone. What I guess happened is that I closed the actual file I was working on, but what waited...
  5. Notepad only partially saving files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Notepad only partially saving files?: I wrote a bunch of notes in notepad last night for my story and saved it multiple times yet several chunks of the text are missing entirely today when I open it up. But it's not the last stuff I wrote that's missing, I wrote an outline, and the entire outline is there yet...
  6. Notepad saving as

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Notepad saving as: so i am trying to set up a little program thing and when i make changes to the settings text document in notepad and press x it gives me the pop up to save my changes so i click save but instead of just closing the pop up and saving it takes me to save as and makes me save it...
  7. Notepad not saving .

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Notepad not saving .: Writing up in Notepad, content no longer Saving as or Saving mode. Caption shows "A required privilege is not held by the client". Can anyone please help, thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad-not-saving/bd7048a7-0709-483f-a3c2-48eea547086b
  8. Unable to save new Notepad files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to save new Notepad files: When I go to save a new Notepad file, I am not able to save it. I get the error message "File not found. Check the file name and try again." When typing any text in the a new notepad document, an * appears on the top line before "Untiled- Notepad". I have looked at all...
  9. Notepad Saved File turning into a Shortcut

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Notepad Saved File turning into a Shortcut: Hello! This morning I was writing a story on Notepad so that I could copy-paste it onto a website to post it. When I saved the file before leaving I made a new folder in the documents folder, and saved it in there. Later on in the day, I went back to the folder to continue...
  10. NotePad opens saved files minimized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NotePad opens saved files minimized: All of my saved notepad txt files open minimized. How can I have them open maximized? Thanks. I've already tried Type notepad in start menu search field> right click it> properties> shortcut tab> for the 'Run' option, select 'Maximized'. Apply> ok. If I make a notepad...