Windows 10: Microsoft now allows you to access phone contacts on your PC

Discus and support Microsoft now allows you to access phone contacts on your PC in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft Teams is one of the best ways to communicate with co-workers, but the experience is currently aimed at business customers. However, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Dec 7, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft now allows you to access phone contacts on your PC

Microsoft Teams is one of the best ways to communicate with co-workers, but the experience is currently aimed at business customers. However, the software giant is now working on a consumer-centric feature that will allow Windows 10 users to access phone contacts on their desktop.

Windows 10 currently allows users to import mobile contacts in .vcf format and access them using the People app. Microsoft will now allow you to access mobile contacts directly through its Your Phone app in real-time.

Microsoft is rolling out a dedicated page that displays all of your mobile contacts in Your Phone. This feature currently works with Android phones only, but it might come to Apple devices as well.

Once enabled, you can see the full list of contacts saved locally in your mobile device or synced to online accounts. You can also search for contacts, view the contact details like the phone number, email, links, and even access the call history.

Microsoft now allows you to access phone contacts on your PC Your-Phone-app-contacts-tab.jpg

Furthermore, Your Phone app lets you directly make a phone call or send a text from the contacts tab of the app.

Other improvements

Late last month, Microsoft started rolling out another feature that lets you launch the Your Phone app when Windows starts.

The feature is called ‘Startup’ and it basically lets you add the app to the list of startup programs. This will allow Microsoft to connect with your mobile device as soon as you turn on your computer to sync the text messages, call history, contacts, photos, etc.

In November, Microsoft also commenced the rollout of Android apps streaming support for the Windows 10 Your Phone app. This feature is still exclusive to select Samsung because of ‘firmware limitations’, but Microsoft is expected to add support for more devices next year.

The post Microsoft now allows you to access phone contacts on your PC appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Dec 7, 2020

2. Sync Contacts

The way I have my android phone contacts currently set up, it becomes an unmanageable mess. If I allow my phone contacts to sync with Gmail, I can end up with duplicates (quadruplicates, actually) of the same contacts, multiple phone numbers on the same line, phone numbers and notes/addresses on the same line, etc. I'm sure there a those of you out there that can relate to this.

It renders the phone list practically useless, particularly to voice calling, etc.

I don't want email address contacts in my phone list. Can I isolate a phone contact list group in Gmail, and only have that list sync with my android phone contacts?

The reason is twofold. On my computer I also maintain the "local" Contacts folder (not the "People" list) as a mirror image of my phone contacts. In order to keep the phone list and computer lists in sync, I can export the computer contacts to a .vcf file, and easily and quickly directly import the list into my phone contacts.

The obstacle with this method is that going in the other direction (phone to computer) is too inconvenient to consider if you have 400+ contacts. If I export from my phone .vcf file to the computer, when I try to import it to my computer list, It becomes a folder with individual contacts, only allowing me import "one" contact at a time.

kitpzyxmsir, Dec 7, 2020
  3. "Your Phone" contacts

Hi Microsoft now allows you to access phone contacts on your PC :)

When I use the phone app on My PC and enter the first letter of the contact I wish to send a message too
    It will show the name list of the contacts I wish to send it too - the names from my mobile phone contact list
    And then select the name to send message too Microsoft now allows you to access phone contacts on your PC :)

Microsoft now allows you to access phone contacts on your PC [​IMG]

eroopli123, Dec 7, 2020
  4. Phil Win User

allow phone to access PCs localhost at specific port

I'm running a NodeJS app running at port 3001. I want to be able to access that website from my cell phone.

My local ip is: 10.0.0.27 and my cell phone is 10.0.0.7 I disabled the firewall and it worked. I created an inbound rule that exposed port 3001 to the world (or so I thought I did) that did NOT work.

I know it's a firewall issue, I'm just not sure how to create the inbound rule to allow 10.0.0.27:3001 to be access but not blanketing a port 80 allow or disabling the firewall.

This is Windows 10

Firewall setup:

• Local Port: 3001
    • Remote Port: All ports
    • Any IPs, any users
    • Public, Private and Domain

Phil, Dec 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft now allows you to access phone contacts on your PC - Similar Threads - Microsoft allows access

2. Woah, Microsoft store app's CAN ACCESS ANYTHING ON YOUR PC.... Microsoft ALLOWS IT!!?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Woah, Microsoft store app's CAN ACCESS ANYTHING ON YOUR PC.... Microsoft ALLOWS IT!!?: First off why would an app from the Microsoft store HAVE TO have complete access to a user PC after all we're the one giving them a purpose to even exist, yet we are treated with such invasive disrespect? Furthermore, Microsoft is claiming to have major "DATA PROTECTION" yet...
  3. Your Phone NOW Phone Link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your Phone NOW Phone Link: This applies to BOTH Win10 and Win11NOW available as of March 31st 2022Your Phone is NOW Phone LinkPlease > Store > Library for the Update to Phone Link. Once done Your Phone becomes Phone Link....
  4. Your Phone NOW Phone Link

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your Phone NOW Phone Link: This applies to BOTH Win10 and Win11NOW available as of March 31st 2022Your Phone is NOW Phone LinkPlease > Store > Library for the Update to Phone Link. Once done Your Phone becomes Phone Link....
  5. I only see contact numbers, not contact name on Your Phone PC App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I only see contact numbers, not contact name on Your Phone PC App: Hello, I have a Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 and have linked it to my PC. My phone is connected to Windows and the Your Phone App. I want to say that almost half of my messages only show the contact number, not the name. I have tried reconnecting my phone to my PC but still have...
  6. I only see contact numbers, not contact name on Your Phone PC App

I only see contact numbers, not contact name on Your Phone PC App: Hello, I have a Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 and have linked it to my PC. My phone is connected to Windows and the Your Phone App. I want to say that almost half of my messages only show the contact number, not the name. I have tried reconnecting my phone to my PC but still have...
  7. Windows 10 Your Phone app now lets you control your phone settings

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Your Phone app now lets you control your phone settings: Microsoft’s Your Phone app has been around for a while now and it was updated last year with a bunch of exciting features. Your Phone app for Windows 10 currently lets you sync your photos/notifications and calls from your phone to your PC, and view Android apps on the...
  8. The Your Phone App got updated and now lets you control your phone using your mouse (or...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The Your Phone App got updated and now lets you control your phone using your mouse (or...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jasonj2232 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f0vi5e/the_your_phone_app_got_updated_and_now_lets_you/
  9. "Your Phone" contacts

"Your Phone" contacts: I started using the "Your Phone" app. Is there a way to link it to your contacts? If not, that's a major drawback, IMO. 142621
  10. Microsoft’s new app will allow you to mirror your phone to Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s new app will allow you to mirror your phone to Windows 10 PC: With the Your Phone app, Microsoft bridging the gap between Android devices and Windows 10 PCs. At Microsoft Event in New York City, the software giant announced that the Your Phone will soon receive a big update that will add the ability to mirror phone’s screen to PC....