Windows 10: Microsoft now "cares about our privacy" and allows 3rd party cookies on the home page of Edge.

Discus and support Microsoft now "cares about our privacy" and allows 3rd party cookies on the home page of Edge. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Fan7a_Orange [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Fan7a_Orange, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Microsoft now "cares about our privacy" and allows 3rd party cookies on the home page of Edge.

/u/Fan7a_Orange, Jun 16, 2021
  2. BbrynnN Win User

opting out of advertising (and 3rd party cookies)

Hi Friends,

While setting up a new Windows 10 system, I came across the Privacy settings and this page: http://choice.microsoft.com/en-us/opt-out

There, it says:

"To opt out of personalized ads in this browser, your browser history must allow first-party and third-party cookies and you must have your browsing experience set to NOT delete browsing history on exit. Instructions for enabling cookies and configuring
    your browsing history may be available in your browsers settings, privacy, or help documentation."

It seems incredibly counterintuitive to opt out of advertising, that a user must allow 3rd party cookies. For goodness sakes, aren't 3rd party cookies one potential source of advertising??

I just want to try and understand this. I wonder if someone could explain it for me. I want neither 3rd party cookies or advertising. Isn't there some way to accomplish that?

Thank you very much Microsoft now "cares about our privacy" and allows 3rd party cookies on the home page of Edge. :)

BbrynnN, Jun 16, 2021
  3. mrgeek Win User
    3rd Party cookies Blocker

By MSN, I'm presuming you mean Edge. Hit the settings menu in upper R corner then Privacy & security. There are 3 options, I leave it blocking 3rd Party. If a site asks you remove, navigate to here and choose to turn off, then re-enable.

Microsoft now "cares about our privacy" and allows 3rd party cookies on the home page of Edge. [​IMG]

mrgeek, Jun 16, 2021
  4. Alicia J Win User

Microsoft now "cares about our privacy" and allows 3rd party cookies on the home page of Edge.

Allow or Block Cookies in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

Microsoft Edge will not keep the setting allow cookies or block third party cookies. When I go to websites that require cookies I get a message telling me to enable cookies, even though they are enabled in settings.

Can the reg files listed in the tutorial for enabling or disabling cookies, be used with such an issue? Would you recommend blocking third party cookies?

Alicia J, Jun 16, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft now "cares about our privacy" and allows 3rd party cookies on the home page of Edge.

1. Microsoft now "cares about our privacy" and allows 3rd party cookies on the home page of Edge. - Similar Threads - Microsoft cares privacy

2. Any 3rd party Microphone will not allow access.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any 3rd party Microphone will not allow access.: So, The built microphone will work with all apps Microphone ArrayIf I plug anything else in, Sennheiser Edgerunners, LG Zone920, Airpods ECT.When I select those devices as the microiphone as the system defualt and change it inside any application, Teams, RingCentral,Zoom.I...
  3. Any 3rd party Microphone will not allow access.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any 3rd party Microphone will not allow access.: So, The built microphone will work with all apps Microphone ArrayIf I plug anything else in, Sennheiser Edgerunners, LG Zone920, Airpods ECT.When I select those devices as the microiphone as the system defualt and change it inside any application, Teams, RingCentral,Zoom.I...
  4. Google announces plans to phase out 3rd party cookies in Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    Google announces plans to phase out 3rd party cookies in Chrome: In August, we announced a new initiative (known as Privacy Sandbox) to develop a set of open standards to fundamentally enhance privacy on the web. Our goal for this open source initiative is to make the web more private and secure for users, while also supporting publishers....
  5. MS Edge Third Party cookies blocked but does not pass the Cookie test

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge Third Party cookies blocked but does not pass the Cookie test: I have set MS Edge (non-Chromium version) to block only Third-party cookies and I went to GRC Cookie Forensics, the Third Party cookie test had failed. GRC | Cookie Forensics Display See attached image. Why is it failing or not passing the test? My wild guess may be, is...
  6. privacy alerts re: allow cookies

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    privacy alerts re: allow cookies: Once again I'm constantly receiving the privacy alert asking to allow or block cookies. The pop-up box does not allow me to check to be certain how the cookie options is set. in IE or Edge browsers I use. After several years of trying I still do not understand what are...
  7. 3rd Party cookies Blocker

in Browsers and Email
    3rd Party cookies Blocker: Using Windows10, how do I turn off the 3rd party cookies blocker please? I am trying to access a bona fide web site which will not allow me access because my 3rd Party Cookie is blocking me. 123839
  8. 3rd Party cookies Blocker

in Windows 10 Support
    3rd Party cookies Blocker: Using Windows10, how do I turn off the 3rd party cookies blocker please? I am trying to access a bona fide web site which will not allow me access because my 3rd Party Cookie is blocking me. 123839
  9. Careful for what you wish for - Data to be sold to 3rd parties

in Browsers and Email
    Careful for what you wish for - Data to be sold to 3rd parties: Hi there I'm surprised that there hasn't been any significant protest in the USA against a new law allowing ISP's to SELL peoples browsing history to 3rd parties -- we complain enough about Google / Amazon etc doing this but allowing ISP's to sell your browsing history --...
  10. Allow or Block Cookies in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Allow or Block Cookies in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Allow or Block Cookies in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Allow or Block Cookies in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and...