Windows 10: Microsoft now managing HP and Dell PCs via its Managed Desktop Service

Discus and support Microsoft now managing HP and Dell PCs via its Managed Desktop Service in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Last September, Microsoft officially took the wraps off its Microsoft Managed Desktop service, a subscription offering under which Microsoft sets up,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

Microsoft now managing HP and Dell PCs via its Managed Desktop Service

Read more: Microsoft is now managing HP, Dell PCs via its Managed Desktop Service | ZDNet

:)

Brink, Mar 4, 2019

2. Unable to Connect to Logical Disk Manager Service Error in Computer Management

WELL, I'll be an "S.O.B."! I got it... lol, just now!

Apparently, & I am going to record this & BOOKMARK/FAV it in my webbrowsers as "HOW TO FIX LOGICAL DISK MANAGER HASSLES" (lol), it is SOMETHING in my services!

You need THIS list of them running (provided you have them online that is, some OS won't have SOME of these (this is Windows Server 2003) & some are 3rd party & won't matter):

Microsoft now managing HP and Dell PCs via its Managed Desktop Service SERVICESNEEDEDFORLOGICALDISKMGT2SERVICES.jpg

* NO SAFE MODE REQUIRED - THIS FIXED IT, PURELY SERVICES RELATED... oddly, no "dependencies" other than the ones the services need (RPC & Plug n Play) are listed in the 2 services for Logical Disk Management... it's like MS missed (somehow) the fact that there IS other dependencies on other services than what they list!

That list above is PROBABLY "overkill" & it is only a fraction of that list above, but the point is there... with ALL of those active? Logical Disk Manager "gets its act together" again & works!

APK

P.S.=> BRB, with screenshot of services & their startup status needed for this to work, in case anyone else hits this... it is a real you-know-what if you can't get to a disk to format it, lol... so, recording it for everyone's sake! apk

Alec§taar, Mar 4, 2019
  3. alexp999 Win User
    HP and Microsoft Expand Alliance in Unified Communications and Collaboration

At Interop Las Vegas 2009, HP and Microsoft today announced a four-year strategic global initiative to deliver an end-to-end unified communications and collaboration solution.

As part of their Frontline Partnership, the two companies expect to invest up to an additional $180 million in product development, professional services, as well as joint sales and marketing, to help organizations lower costs and improve productivity.

The solution, which is planned to span software, hardware, networking and services, would enable customers to improve business output and reduce travel, telecom and IT operating costs. This would be accomplished by streamlining communications across messaging, video and voice with connected applications and devices. HP and Microsoft also plan to provide the flexibility and control customers need to manage their communications infrastructure efficiently.

Demand for unified communications and collaboration technologies is growing rapidly. According to an independent report from Forrester Research, 84 percent of enterprises in North America and Europe are currently evaluating, piloting or implementing unified communications and collaboration solutions, and the market is expected to grow at a rate of 35.9 percent through 2015.

“Customers can lower costs and rapidly enhance employee productivity with unified communications and collaboration from HP and Microsoft,” said Ann Livermore, executive vice president, Technology Solutions Group, HP. “We provide customers with solutions that are rich, intuitive and accessible from anywhere on nearly any device.”

HP and Microsoft share a vision for business productivity solutions built on open, software-based platforms that work with the applications and systems people know and use today.

“Together, we are offering the extensive breadth of capabilities of our respective technologies to deliver a truly unified communications and collaboration solution to help our customers improve business productivity,” said Stephen Elop, president, Microsoft Business Division, Microsoft. “This means one click to communicate, one click to conference, one click to collaborate.”

“Microsoft’s approach to unified communications and collaboration solutions, combined with HP’s global technology and services, will help us drive innovation and growth in our business,” said Tina Atkinson, program sponsor, New Ways of Working, Cathay Pacific Airways. “Cathay Pacific Airways followed a detailed tender process and chose Microsoft and HP because they best met our requirements for a flexible and comprehensive approach to unified communications and collaboration, tailored to our needs.”

Product development and integration

• The two companies will form joint teams to collaborate on products and services development across Microsoft Office SharePoint Server, Microsoft Exchange Server and Microsoft Office Communications Server, as well as HP ProCurve networking products.
    • HP will obtain Microsoft Unified Communications qualification for the HP dx9000 TouchSmart Business PC and select smartphones.
    • HP will obtain Microsoft Unified Communications qualification for new IP desk phones.
    • HP Business Technology Optimization (BTO) software will provide additional support for Microsoft Office Communications Server, including the ability to provide real-time quality of service metrics for the voice and video network over the IP infrastructure.
    • The two companies will provide end point interoperability with HP Halo Telepresence Solutions and Microsoft Office Communications Server-based unified conferencing, enabling remote participants at any Microsoft Office Communication Server-enabled PC to join telepresence conferences.
    Professional services

• Microsoft and HP will offer a full set of business productivity services ranging from assessment, architecture planning and design to implementation, monitoring, management and support for software, hardware, network, server, storage and infrastructure components in the shared portfolio.
    • HP will dedicate a global team of service professionals to support the joint solutions, helping customers achieve improved levels of network availability and response times. • HP and Microsoft will also target communications service providers, offering them the same technologies and services to enable hosted unified communications and collaboration services for small to medium-sized businesses.
    • HP and Microsoft will provide services for customers who seek to run their technology on-premise, fully outsource, or who opt for a combination of both.
    • Microsoft and HP will work together to address customers’ real-time collaboration needs using HP Halo Managed Services and HP ProCurve products.
    Marketing and sales

• Microsoft and HP will assign dedicated salespeople to their joint solutions and train several thousand technical and delivery personnel.
    • The companies will showcase their end-to-end solution and their respective communications and collaboration products in Microsoft Technology Centers and HP Customer Briefing Centers worldwide.
    • HP will help organizations accelerate adoption of the end-to-end solution with flexible financing and trade-in programs from HP Financial Services.
    More information about the HP and Microsoft initiative is available here. More information about Microsoft unified communications and collaboration technologies is available here.

Source: HP

alexp999, Mar 4, 2019
  4. Microsoft now managing HP and Dell PCs via its Managed Desktop Service

Unable to Connect to Logical Disk Manager Service Error in Computer Management

Yes, I was happy about the price for that much space for storage of data mainly...

Yes, you & I both, lol... & now, because of it? Hopefully now, this thread will function as you & I both stated here, & you next below:

Exactamundo...

I cut off a GREAT deal of services, based on their dependencies listings & it appears that for SOME reason? MMC.EXE (microsoft mgt. console - in this case, diskmgmt.msc &/or Computer Management) isn't picking up FULLY on what the Logical Disk Manager 2 services require to BE running fully in their "dependencies" listings.

APK

P.S.=> Sometimes, cutting off services has prices... I do it to conserve memory &/or CPU cycles, BUT, I do it all based on dependencies listed (just as Microsoft's SCW (security configuration wizard)) does!

SCW in Windows Server 2003, an addon you can install, automates a lot of what I used to do manually in that capacity on OLDER Windows NT-based OS'...

Then, I go a BIT above & beyond what it does too, for saving memory &/or CPU cycles... but, if testing on my end shows hassles?

I have to document it, & that is what this thread is about! Just so I & others have ways around it.

I found NO working solutions to this online & tried all the ones I did find (well most all) & now? If anyone hits this again?? They have another reference that actually WORKS, once all other possibles are 'exhausted'... apk

Alec§taar, Mar 4, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft now managing HP and Dell PCs via its Managed Desktop Service

1. Microsoft now managing HP and Dell PCs via its Managed Desktop Service - Similar Threads - Microsoft managing Dell

2. Dell Client Management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Client Management: Dell Client Managment doesn't run because of a software problem or conflict in my settings, programs, windows or Dell Sofware. Maybe Firewall or antivirus. If I go to Program Data / Dell/ Update Services Folder and delete the Client folder it will run after I start it in...
  3. Dell Client Management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell Client Management: Dell Client Managment doesn't run because of a software problem or conflict in my settings, programs, windows or Dell Sofware. Maybe Firewall or antivirus. If I go to Program Data / Dell/ Update Services Folder and delete the Client folder it will run after I start it in...
  4. Remote Desktop Services Manager Disconnect Option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Services Manager Disconnect Option: Hello,I have a Windows 2016 Standard server running Remote Desktop Host and Services. Prior to Windows 2012, I used to be able to go into Remote Desktop Services Manager, click on any connected user then select "Remote Control" from the options on the right-hand side of the...
  5. Remote Desktop Services Manager Disconnect Option

Remote Desktop Services Manager Disconnect Option: Hello,I have a Windows 2016 Standard server running Remote Desktop Host and Services. Prior to Windows 2012, I used to be able to go into Remote Desktop Services Manager, click on any connected user then select "Remote Control" from the options on the right-hand side of the...
  6. dell client management

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dell client management: i was in dervices and tried to run dell client management and i got n error 14001 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-client-management/3e88eec6-5a76-42ca-af16-298893fabba4
  7. dell client management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dell client management: i was in dervices and tried to run dell client management and i got n error 14001 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-client-management/3e88eec6-5a76-42ca-af16-298893fabba4
  8. dell client management

9. DESKTOP MANAGER

in Windows 10 Customization
    DESKTOP MANAGER: HOW DO I TURN IT ON https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-manager/8391a724-be2a-4306-b006-5db150e819c2
  10. Microsoft Identity Manager 2016 Service Pack 1 is now Available

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Identity Manager 2016 Service Pack 1 is now Available: Howdy folks, I’m happy to be able to let you know that Microsoft Identity Manager (MIM) 2016 Service Pack 1 is now Generally Available. To give you a rundown of what is included in this Service Pack, I’ve asked Steve Lieberman, one of the PM’s from our team to write up...