Windows 10: Microsoft Now Shows the Apps That Were Built for Win 10 in the Store

Discus and support Microsoft Now Shows the Apps That Were Built for Win 10 in the Store in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Built for Windows 10? As distinct from built for Windows 8, I suppose. I suppose all those Windows 7 users are going to see this and... oh wait. Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Microsoft Now Shows the Apps That Were Built for Win 10 in the Store

Built for Windows 10? As distinct from built for Windows 8, I suppose.

I suppose all those Windows 7 users are going to see this and... oh wait.

markweatherill, Feb 14, 2016
  2. Trust_No1 Win User

Ummm, let me see if I have this right.

You are running Windows 10....So you have the Windows 10 Store App....that has apps that are only in the Windows 10 Store... and now they tell you if they are designed for Windows 10... You can't get them on Windows 8, 8.1, 7, XP or any other version of Windows.

Doesn't this seem rather pointless.... where the hell else are you going to run a Windows 10 app.

Trust_No1, Feb 14, 2016
  3. Well someone might want an app they see in the store thinking it will work on their OS
    If underneath it has Window 10 build that will let them know they have one of two choices
    Upgrade to 10 or go without.

hTconeM9user, Feb 14, 2016
  4. Microsoft Now Shows the Apps That Were Built for Win 10 in the Store

And users of what other OSes are likely to be looking in the Windows Store?*sarc

markweatherill, Feb 14, 2016
  5. Those that use 8.1 might want to see if an app in 10 will work in 8.1
    Windows 10 I find has a better store app

6. Winuser Win User
    I totally agree. Nothing has changed with the Apps so what's the big deal?

Winuser, Feb 14, 2016
  7. Winuser Win User
    If the app won't run in Windows 8.1 it won't install. I have apps on my phone that won't work on my computers and I have apps on my computers that won't on my phone. When I look at my apps in the store they are listed that they are incompatible and won't install. I just don't see how this makes the apps any better.

Winuser, Feb 14, 2016
  8. Microsoft Now Shows the Apps That Were Built for Win 10 in the Store

I have found myself that the ones in ten store are faster and have more added to them.

9. Winuser Win User
    I'm not saying that some apps made for Windows 10 are not better. I don't know if they are or not. I'm saying a app that only runs on Windows 10 will not install on a earlier version of Windows. I don't see why "showing" that a app was made for Windows 10 is anything to get excited about.

Winuser, Feb 14, 2016
  10. gator2013 Win User
    So a user running either 7 or 8.1 and very happy with their OS, is going to switch to W-10 just so they can install an App that was built for W-10? Yea Right!

*Roflmao2

gator2013, Feb 14, 2016
  11. Trust_No1 Win User
    I think you misunderstand.... an 10 app can only run on 10

you will not see a Windows 10 app anywhere else except in the Windows 10 store....
    you will not see a Windows 8.1 app anywhere else except in the Windows 8.1 store
    you will not see a Windows 8.0 app anywhere else except in the Windows 8.0 store

Example I use AlarmClock HD on all of my Windows 8/8.1/10 machines
    but each one, is different,
    there is a Windows 10 version
    there is a Windows 8.1 version
    there is a Windows 8.0 version
    each one has to be built to run on that platform and that version is only available on the corresponding OS.

some may suggest you upgrade to a different version, for it to run better or run at all, but I have only seen those in 8.0 machines where they wanted you to upgrade to 8.1., I have seen no reference for 10 apps.

and you may have to pay for each version separately...

Trust_No1, Feb 15, 2016
  12. davidhk Win User
    +1 +1 +1 +1

davidhk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Now Shows the Apps That Were Built for Win 10 in the Store

1. Microsoft Now Shows the Apps That Were Built for Win 10 in the Store - Similar Threads - Microsoft Shows Apps

2. Microsoft Store Apps Icons Not Showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Apps Icons Not Showing: i have a problem where the Microsoft store apps like whatsapp and Microsoft settings doesn't show icon like this i tried reinstalling nothing workedalso i tried creating a new user and it showed icons there but i want them shown in main user account...
  3. Microsoft store apps not showing in apps and features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store apps not showing in apps and features: Hello everyone, I'm Limon and I want to ask why my microsoft store app doesn't appear in apps and features I've tried resetting some apps via the search box but when I click on app settings settings it crashes and I'm trying to go back to Windows 10 to get everything back to...
  4. Microsoft store apps not showing in apps and features

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store apps not showing in apps and features: Hello everyone, I'm Limon and I want to ask why my microsoft store app doesn't appear in apps and features I've tried resetting some apps via the search box but when I click on app settings settings it crashes and I'm trying to go back to Windows 10 to get everything back to...
  5. Microsoft Apps including Microsoft Store is not showing

Microsoft Apps including Microsoft Store is not showing: I Reset my Windows 10 but i choose the Keep my Files Option then after it resets Microsoft Apps is not showing idk what am gonna do can anyone help me fix this...
  6. Win 10 Microsoft App Store Missing

Win 10 Microsoft App Store Missing: Hi, I'm having a huge issue with a clients laptop and none of the forums , YouTube tutorials or Microsoft support has been able to help me with this problem . The Microsoft store App has completely disappeared from they're Laptop , other Microsoft store apps are still there...
  7. not all Win. 10 apps are showing up in the Windows store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    not all Win. 10 apps are showing up in the Windows store: hey there: I faced an issue where going to the Microsoft store, I found that not all Windows 10 apps are showing up. I tried many steps, including resetting the store, but no help. I figured out a way to fix the issue. Reset the apps. Then, after going back to the store, I...
  8. Built in apps and Microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Built in apps and Microsoft store: Hello, i recently bought a new laptop, a lenovo legion Y7000, the first thing i did was updating windows to the latest version, after that i tried to open the Microsoft store, but it didn't launch, i also tried the built in apps and none of them launched...
  9. Microsoft 10 built-in mail app.

Microsoft 10 built-in mail app.: I can't create a new folder in Microsoft 10 built-in mail app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/microsoft-10-built-in-mail-app/ecb93451-0c6c-4136-8e33-89c48dc71cd1
  10. Apps built using the Desktop Bridge now available in the Windows Store

in Windows 10 News
    Apps built using the Desktop Bridge now available in the Windows Store: A few months ago, during Build 2016, we announced the Desktop Bridge, enabling developers to bring their existing desktop apps and games over to the Universal Windows Platform (UWP) by converting their app or game with the Desktop App Converter and then enhancing and...