Windows 10: Microsoft nuisance Push

Discus and support Microsoft nuisance Push in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Twice now I've had my laptop (less than a year old) down and unable to use due to Microsoft push. First time was an update which ironically was meant... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nithig, Aug 26, 2018.

1. nithig Win User

Microsoft nuisance Push

Twice now I've had my laptop (less than a year old) down and unable to use due to Microsoft push. First time was an update which ironically was meant to 'make it easier to use'. Couldn't open the system at all and took a few days and a download from a technician to a friend's computer to repair.

Now, after ages of not being able to open File Explorer I gave control of my system to another technician at MS. Blow me down ... he left the system in such a mess that I had to spend days (often at odd hours as MS doesn't bother to service Europe during European business hours) to eventually get another download (again on a friend's computer) and now I wait for the final steps to be taken to return my system to how I had it originally (before the fall Microsoft nuisance Push :)

But all that is not really what I came here to express.
    It's the new push notices .... trying to force me into facial recognition (no thanks ... that has caused me enough grief in the past), to use a PIN, to join various MS groups etc. Also now I have to log in each time I return after putting the laptop to sleep.

In short I'm losing control of the machine I paid 100% for and I resent this Pushing of matters which I have not been consulted on. Don't mind being asked 'would I like to blah blah blah' but this unsolicited Push is vexing and i wondered how many others feel as I do. Why can't MS just leave what works alone?

Oh and by the way ... nice little trick ... whenever I attempt to use Feedback I'm informed that my computer appears to not be online ... despite the actuality that I have a browser open and working, a connected wi-fi icon and other online features working. The other trick is that it is extremely difficult to reach MS technical support by phone ... I use the appropriate number and the automatic answering directs me to online support of the community. Sucks!

Over to you ... what's your reaction to these Push events?

:)

nithig, Aug 26, 2018

2. Microsoft Steps Up Windows 10 Push with New Redstone Features

Microsoft Steps Up Windows 10 Push with New Redstone Features
    Partners encouraged to build devices that use Windows Ink

Microsoft nuisance Push [​IMG]

Read more: http://news.softpedia.com/news/micro...medium=twitter

Cluster Head, Aug 27, 2018
  3. ANUoldman Win User
    PocketMSN does not push hotmail

• it appears to me that PocketMSN is a bridge to Windows Live as WM5 doesn't have it...
    • there is no option to resync every 15 minutes
    • no push email as advertised by PocketMSN (email update in real time)
    • WM6 update is due out in about 2 months for Blackjack on ATT / Cingular with Windows Live...
    • Microsoft support hasn't responded in days
    • product doesn't work as advertised
    I'm AOK with trying anything somebody can suggest to resolve this... my steps have been:

- hard reinstall of WM5, then install subscribe to and install PocketMSN

ANUoldman, Aug 27, 2018
  4. Microsoft nuisance Push

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 27, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft nuisance Push

1. Microsoft nuisance Push - Similar Threads - Microsoft nuisance Push

2. Microsoft is seriously pushing it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft is seriously pushing it...: I appreciate that this is a community of volunteers helping support those of us in need because Microsoft can't even have the courtesy of providing its customers with a complaint site to vent our frustrations. I can understand why there isn't a complaint site because it would...
  3. Microsoft is seriously pushing it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft is seriously pushing it...: I appreciate that this is a community of volunteers helping support those of us in need because Microsoft can't even have the courtesy of providing its customers with a complaint site to vent our frustrations. I can understand why there isn't a complaint site because it would...
  4. Cortana is a recurring nuisance

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana is a recurring nuisance: cortana insists she isnt available in my region, yet she pops up every five seconds. i cant find the settings to get rid of her. No cortana settings tab every fix i find includes a mention of the cortana tab, so i changed my region and language so it would be available, but...
  5. Nuisance ads on Microsoft Premium Collection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nuisance ads on Microsoft Premium Collection: I have had a subscription to Microsoft Solitaire Premium for years and play with xbox live account. In the last few weeks I have been inundated with ads which are difficult to remove. It is making trying to play on my paid subscription hardly worth the trouble. How can I...
  6. NUISANCE POP-UP

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    NUISANCE POP-UP: HOW DO I GET RID OF YOUR POP-UP "NEVER TO LATE FOR FILM - GET FAST PLAYER" - DON'T WANT IT! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nuisance-pop-up/7e1901d8-653c-483c-b2b0-2ede4d07edc6
  7. Notepad nuisance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notepad nuisance: I was wondering if there is a way around this. I like to use Notepad for simple notemaking. But then sometimes I accidentaly open a second instance of Notepad and I get a second window open (so I have two windows open in parallel of the same file) and I keep editing one and...
  8. nuisance concerning D drive.

in Windows 10 Customization
    nuisance concerning D drive.: Somehow my windows 10, declares that I do not administrative permissions concerning C:/windows/system32/restore/machineguid.txt. this message just keeps on popping up every few seconds and states you do not have permission see owner of file or see administrator to gain...
  9. microsoft push for defender antivirus

in Windows 10 Customization
    microsoft push for defender antivirus: I have a 3rd party antivirus program the works better than defender. It gets updated when I tell it to look for updates, the timer is set to notify if definitions are more than 14 days old. Definitions are updated on pc start up, after doing intense tasks like gaming, video...
  10. Nuisance desktop.ini file

in Windows 10 Support
    Nuisance desktop.ini file: This is no big deal but more of a nuisance. Windows has created two desktop.ini files. That is ok except that one floats back to the main group of icons whenever I reboot instead of staying where I moved it. Is there any way of getting it to stick in one spot? These are the...