Windows 10: Microsoft Number Pad "failed to pair"

Discus and support Microsoft Number Pad "failed to pair" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I cannot pair my new Microsoft Number Pad to my Windows 11 computer. The "Connect" option pops up when I turn on the device but after some time it says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by A. E. Wahl, Jan 4, 2022.

1. Microsoft Number Pad "failed to pair"

I cannot pair my new Microsoft Number Pad to my Windows 11 computer. The "Connect" option pops up when I turn on the device but after some time it says "failed to pair". The same happens when I it try over the Bluetooth settings. I managed to pair the device to my iPad though.I have a Dell XPS with Bluetooth 5.2, Windows Update says it is up to date, I also have the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center installed.

:)

A. E. Wahl, Jan 4, 2022

2. Number pad that comes with Sculpt wireless keyboard.

Hi,

This problem may occur due to an outdated or corrupted device driver. For us to provide the best resolution possible, we'll be needing additional information:

• Is the number pad device visible on Device Manager?
    • Is the wireless keyboard working on your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest following the troubleshooting steps provided on this
    article
    . It contains information and basic troubleshooting steps regarding keyboard problems in Windows.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Jan 4, 2022
  3. Number pad

Hi Ermiad1707,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that your number pad has been disabled and you would like to enable it when you start Windows 10. I will certainly help you with the issue.

• When you say "how can I enable it to be on when I start windows 10", do you mean it's not enabled while logging in to your profile?
    • Have you configured your profile to be logged-in with Pin instead of password?
    • Does the numpad works fine after login?

If it’s the PIN that you’re talking about, I would suggest you to try the following steps:

1) Click on Start

2) Click on Settings

3) Click on Accounts

4) Click on Sign-in option

5) Under “PIN” option, click “ADD” and enter the PIN you would like to use as a password when you start Windows 10.

If not, Please provide us with a few more details.

Let us know the results. Hope this information was helpful.

Sincerely,

Ankit Kumar

Ankit Rajput, Jan 4, 2022
  4. Microsoft Number Pad "failed to pair"

Use number pad of mac keyboard on Windows 10

I have a Windows 10 desktop and I use a mac keyboard with number pad on it. Its model number is A1243 and its connected by USB. However I cant seem to get the right driver or configuration to get the number pad to actually work. Any suggestions?

Manfred Moser, Jan 4, 2022
Thema:

Microsoft Number Pad "failed to pair"

1. Microsoft Number Pad "failed to pair" - Similar Threads - Microsoft Number Pad

2. Microsoft number pad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft number pad: I can't get paired my Microsoft number pad and PC Windows 10. In PC it shows Microsoft Number Pad is paired, but the pad is not working when I press it. I don't how to fix this....
  3. Microsoft number pad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft number pad: I can't get paired my Microsoft number pad and PC Windows 10. In PC it shows Microsoft Number Pad is paired, but the pad is not working when I press it. I don't how to fix this....
  4. My Microsoft Number Pad Isn't Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Microsoft Number Pad Isn't Working: My Microsoft Number Pad isn't working. On the back/bottom of the unit, the light under the number 1 was blinking. At which point I tried replacing the battery didn't work. Then I tried unpairing and repairing three times with no luck. I turned the unit off and back on and the...
  5. Microsoft Number Pad "failed to pair"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Number Pad "failed to pair": I cannot pair my new Microsoft Number Pad to my Windows 11 computer. The "Connect" option pops up when I turn on the device but after some time it says "failed to pair". The same happens when I it try over the Bluetooth settings. I managed to pair the device to my iPad...
  6. Microsoft Number Pad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Number Pad: Hi there,I purchased my microsoft number pad less than a month ago and have been experiencing issues with this product since purchase date.I can always technically connect to my laptop, however, it doesn't actually work when I press the keys. Sometimes I can get it to work if...
  7. Number pad on keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Number pad on keyboard: I am trying to use my keypad as a number pad since my new laptop does not include a number pad to the right of the keyboard. The numbers are there on the keys on the right hand, but I cannot figure out how to turn them on. The laptop uses Windows 10. Please advise....
  8. Number pad on keyboard

Number pad on keyboard: I have just switched from an older Samsung laptop to an Asus VivoBook. When it arrived I found that the Zero and the Period/Decimal point are reversed. Since I started out in Accounting many many years ago I am having difficulty with this change. All my life the Zero has...
  9. Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard & Number pad

Microsoft Sculpt Keyboard & Number pad: My sculpt ergonomic keyboards and number pads changed performance recently. I suspect some change in Windows 10. Number keys stopped working regardless of Num Lock state. Calculator, / *, - + buttons work as expected. On keyboard, the first character typed does not always...
  10. number pad

in Windows 10 Support
    number pad: don't know if this is a win 10 problem or my samsung np550p7c-02uk laptop only the number 5 works on it 3592