Windows 10: Microsoft Office 10: System Error - Restore - Black Screen

Discus and support Microsoft Office 10: System Error - Restore - Black Screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there, I know this issue has been quite common and there are a number of Trouble Shooting options available, but none seem to be working for my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Bertha Smith, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Microsoft Office 10: System Error - Restore - Black Screen

Hi there,

I know this issue has been quite common and there are a number of Trouble Shooting options available, but none seem to be working for my case. This morning I turned on the work computer at home but it made a large beep and came up with a blue screen and a system error message saying it needed to restore back to the last time the computer was working.

So far I've:

• Gone through the Microsoft trouble shooting guide https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ubleshoot-black-screen-or-blank-screen-errors
    • Disconnected my screen cable and put it back in both ends
    • Tried the 'Restore' option - Starts the restore then the screen goes black and the keyboard won't work
    • Restarted my computer a number of times
    • Tried different cables
    • Plugged power for the computer and screen into different sockets

Just wondering if someone knew the reason as to why it keeps going back to the black screen after I try to restore it. The computer was working perfectly okay last Friday.

Thank you!

:)

Bertha Smith, Mar 29, 2020

2. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Mar 29, 2020
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Mar 29, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Microsoft Office 10: System Error - Restore - Black Screen

black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Mar 29, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Office 10: System Error - Restore - Black Screen

1. Microsoft Office 10: System Error - Restore - Black Screen - Similar Threads - Microsoft Office System

2. System restore restarting to black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System restore restarting to black screen: A system restore was done, after my drivers disappeared, but after some time the screen went black with only the mouse pointer on screen. The PC was restarted, by pressing the on/off button for 10 seconds, whilst pressing F4 to get into Safe Mode, but the system returned to a...
  3. System restore restarting to black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System restore restarting to black screen: A system restore was done, after my drivers disappeared, but after some time the screen went black with only the mouse pointer on screen. The PC was restarted, by pressing the on/off button for 10 seconds, whilst pressing F4 to get into Safe Mode, but the system returned to a...
  4. System restore restarting to black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Black Screen After System Restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Screen After System Restore: I've just performed a system restore, selecting to take the pc back to 28th April. But after finishing, I'm left with a black screen, with the date/time in the middle and a small pc picture in the bottom right-hand corner AND I can't get any further?...
  6. Black Screen After System Restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen After System Restore: I've just performed a system restore, selecting to take the pc back to 28th April. But after finishing, I'm left with a black screen, with the date/time in the middle and a small pc picture in the bottom right-hand corner AND I can't get any further?...
  7. Blue Screens, System Restore Failure, and Black Screen

Blue Screens, System Restore Failure, and Black Screen: I was on Chrome watching Youtube when all of a sudden everything froze and I blue screened. The computer restarted and everything was fine. Then I noticed that the cursor was gone. My mouse and keyboard were not working. I restarted one more time and the mouse and keyboard...
  8. Blue Screens, System Restore Failure, and Black Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screens, System Restore Failure, and Black Screen: I was on Chrome watching Youtube when all of a sudden everything froze and I blue screened. The computer restarted and everything was fine. Then I noticed that the cursor was gone. My mouse and keyboard were not working. I restarted one more time and the mouse and keyboard...
  9. Black Screen after System Restore

Black Screen after System Restore: Hello. Yesterday I did a System Restore, but as it took almost 3 hours I forcefully shut down the system thinking it is stuck. Now ,after switching it on, the Lenovo loading page shows up after which a black screen appears. I tried checking if I can do System Restore...
  10. Black screen after system restore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen after system restore: Hello! I have windows 10 on my Asus laptop.Got the new updates yesterday but I faced some issues(with font and icons sizes, not something very bad), and sadly i desided to do a windows system restore to a previous date(acually couple hours ealier).system restart,Asus logo,...