Windows 10: Microsoft Office 2013 apps with wrong display scaling on Microsoft Surface tablet with...

Discus and support Microsoft Office 2013 apps with wrong display scaling on Microsoft Surface tablet with... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Just sharing what worked for me when trying to make Office run with compatible DPI settings... took a while to find this one, and I figured others... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GabrielWatson, Sep 23, 2019.

1. Microsoft Office 2013 apps with wrong display scaling on Microsoft Surface tablet with...

Just sharing what worked for me when trying to make Office run with compatible DPI settings... took a while to find this one, and I figured others might appreciate the information here.

If you have a Microsoft Surface Pro running Microsoft Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 2013, sometimes Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.) will run minimized to a quarter-size of the normal window, when you drag it from another screen into your Surface's screen.

Normally, to fix issues like that we can right-click the application executable and go to Properties > Compatibility > Change high DPI settings, to check-mark "Override high DPI scaling behavior" and select the "System" option. Well, that is alright if you are not talking about Microsoft's own MS Office! For MS Office, you will need to take a walk into your Registry Editor, because, hell, ANYONE can easily find stuff over there, right??

You can modify the DPI scaling for MS Office as follows:

Registry location:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers

String Value name:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\xlicons.exe

String Value data (changed from ~ DIPUNAWARE to):

~ HIGHPDIAWARE

Enjoy!

:)

GabrielWatson, Sep 23, 2019
  2. //mAr Win User

Microsoft Office 2007 Beta 2 arrived

Today Microsoft released the puplic Beta 2 of Office 2007. It's available in English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish. After signing up on windows live, answer some questions, everyone can download the following products:
    • Microsoft® Office Professional Plus 2007
    • Microsoft® Office Visio® Professional 2007
    • Microsoft® Office Outlook® 2007 with Business Contact Manager
    • Microsoft® Office Project Server 2007
    • Microsoft® Office Project Professional 2007
    • Microsoft® Office Groove® 2007
    • Microsoft® Office Groove® Server 2007
    • Microsoft® Office Multi Language Pack 2007 – French/German/Japanese/Spanish
    • Microsoft® Office OneNote® 2007
    • Microsoft® Office SharePoint® Designer 2007
    • Microsoft® Office SharePoint® Server 2007 - Enterprise
    • Microsoft® Office SharePoint® Server 2007 - Enterprise(x64)
    • Microsoft® Office Forms Server 2007
    • Microsoft® Office Forms Server 2007 (x64)
    You can get it here

//mAr, Sep 23, 2019
  3. kciaccio1 Win User
    Microsoft Grows Surface Family

My surface RT review

Ok, for those of you who contemplated buying the Microsoft Surface here is my review.

To be fair I have only been using it 24hrs but...

I received as a gift from my company the Surface RT with touch pad. Retails for about $599. Without the keyboard touch pad can be had for $499. Surprisingly I never researched this product before so this is my first experience using this product.

It uses a ARM CPU. Once I found this out I was disappointed and here is why. Even though it has windows 8 as it's operating system it is a different windows 8 called RT. It looks and feels like regular windows 8 but for now it is extremely handicapped IMO.

An ARM CPU cannot run regular windows OS..You cannot install regular PC programs on a surface RT. You are kept within the boundaries of the APP Store which is severely limited compared to Apples and Androids offerings.

It does however come pre-installed with Microsoft office programs, Word,Excel 2013, Power Point 2013, and One Note..

It has 2 Gb Ram and option of 32Gb storage or 64GB which is expandable. It has a mini HDMI out to connect to a monitor or TV. Resolution is not bad and has 720p front and rear facing cameras. It has a nice kick stand to prop up the tablet.

Bottom line is the hardware is as good as a top of the line Tablet, Tablet being the key word. It has the PC programs of Microsoft Office and that is it as far as PC programs and then the app store is what you will rely on for any future programs and that store is very small compared to the competition at this moment. No 3g or 4g only wifii so without a hotspot or connecting via your phone you are screwed outside of home or office wifi.

Now, all is not lost when buying a surface...there is the Surface Pro. This one is quite different and the price shows that at $899 without keyboard $999 with.

It uses a regular CPU i5. This is key, this makes it possible for you to use it as a regular PC and install whatever program you want.

Unless you need a tablet that you want to use Microsoft office on I would not defect from Android or Apple yet.

kciaccio1, Sep 23, 2019
  4. Microsoft Office 2013 apps with wrong display scaling on Microsoft Surface tablet with...

Microsoft Increases Production and Expands Distribution for Surface Tablet

Microsoft Corp. today announced plans to make Microsoft Surface available at additional retailers as soon as mid-December. In addition, the company announced the extension of the Microsoft holiday stores, including the transition of several of the stores into permanent Microsoft retail outlets.

"The public reaction to Surface has been exciting to see. We've increased production and are expanding the ways in which customers can interact with, experience and purchase Surface," said Panos Panay, general manager, Microsoft Surface.

Microsoft Office 2013 apps with wrong display scaling on Microsoft Surface tablet with... microsoft_surface_01_thm.jpg

Microsoft Office 2013 apps with wrong display scaling on Microsoft Surface tablet with... microsoft_surface_02_thm.jpg

As early as mid-December, consumers will be able to go to retail stores in the United States and Australia to purchase a Surface with Windows RT. Additional availability will be added in a number of countries in the coming months.

"Our plan has been to expand the retail presence for Surface after the first of the year. Based on interest from retailers, we are giving them the option to carry Surface with Windows RT even earlier," said Steve Schueler, corporate vice president, Microsoft Retail Sales and Marketing.

Surface will continue to be available for purchase at all Microsoft retail stores in the United States and Canada and online in Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, the United Kingdom and the United States. Based on the success of the Microsoft holiday stores, the company will extend all of these locations into the new year. These stores will transition into either permanent brick-and-mortar retail outlets or specialty store locations.

Microsoft stores will continue to offer best-in-class technology and a premium retail experience, allowing customers to interact with Microsoft products that impact the way people live, work and play. All Microsoft stores provide consumers with the same excellent choice, value and service in an engaging way to experience the best of Microsoft products.

Starting at $499, Surface combines the functionality of a laptop with the portability of a tablet. From the fun and unique touch cover that provides a super-thin, spill-resistant keyboard in a variety of vibrant colors to the integrated kickstand that enables hands-free entertainment, Surface stands out while delivering value and performance like nothing else on the market. With Windows apps, SkyDrive cloud connectivity, HD video, Xbox Music, games, a full-size USB port, a microSD card slot and the productivity of Office Home & Student 2013 RT, Surface with Windows RT brings work and play together in style.

Cristian_25H, Sep 23, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Office 2013 apps with wrong display scaling on Microsoft Surface tablet with...

1. Microsoft Office 2013 apps with wrong display scaling on Microsoft Surface tablet with... - Similar Threads - Microsoft Office 2013

2. Microsoft Office 2013 Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Office 2013 Stopped Working: Microsoft office 2013 stopped working on my new windows 11 computer one week after installing it. It did work for a week then stopped. I get the error message "Operating system is not presently configured to run this application"...
  3. Microsoft Office 2013 Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Office 2013 Stopped Working: Microsoft office 2013 stopped working on my new windows 11 computer one week after installing it. It did work for a week then stopped. I get the error message "Operating system is not presently configured to run this application"...
  4. Microsoft Office _ Outlook 2013 crushing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Office _ Outlook 2013 crushing: I have Predator AG3610-UR10P with Windows 8.1 and Microsoft Office 2013. Just today my Outlook crushing and it does not stay open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-office-outlook-2013-crushing/2b37283c-10f2-487c-9d57-4969c056e1d9
  5. Microsoft Office _ Outlook 2013 crushing

Microsoft Office _ Outlook 2013 crushing: I have Predator AG3610-UR10P with Windows 8.1 and Microsoft Office 2013. Just today my Outlook crushing and it does not stay open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-office-outlook-2013-crushing/2b37283c-10f2-487c-9d57-4969c056e1d9
  6. Microsoft Office 2013

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Office 2013: need to recover office 2013. A Microsoft cleanup tool eliminated the programs that were not on original PC. do not have authorization key from original purchase, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-office-2013/5c1b259d-0266-4a09-974c-1d05af38da46
  7. Loss of Microsoft Office 2013

Loss of Microsoft Office 2013: I just logged in to do some work and tried to open Excel and Word files that I've used for years and I get the note "This app can't run on your PC. To find a version for your PC, check with the software publisher." In settings and on my home page the Excel and Word icons...
  8. Microsoft office professional plus 2013

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft office professional plus 2013: Please help.[ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-office-professional-plus-2013/d97ff0d0-fe4f-4a92-b520-65fddb12b72b"
  9. Printing issues with Microsoft Office 2013

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Printing issues with Microsoft Office 2013: Hi, A new issue came up today that has me stumped. I cannot print from any Microsoft Office 2013 apps on my HP DJ 3636 . It doesn't even show that a file is pending to print when I click on the printer icon (it says "0 documents pending). I can print PDF files, text files...
  10. Microsoft office 2013 licence key

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Microsoft office 2013 licence key: Hi, how do i find the licence for the installed Microsoft office 2013? Thank you 77780