Windows 10: Microsoft Office 2016 installation, MSDN?

Discus and support Microsoft Office 2016 installation, MSDN? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hello, I purchased a "Microsoft Office Professional 2016 BRAND NEW Genuine w/USB 2PC Install" that came in a sealed Microsoft envelope with a... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by albert1, Aug 13, 2018.

1. albert1 Win User

Microsoft Office 2016 installation, MSDN?

Hello,

I purchased a "Microsoft Office Professional 2016 BRAND NEW Genuine w/USB 2PC Install" that came in a sealed Microsoft envelope with a Microsoft USB thumb drive and MS Office 2016 activation Key for 2 pcs.

Each activation key in this MS Office 2016 product is separate and unique activation key for each MS Office 2016 installation. The activation key can be used to install MS Office 2016 onto a total of two PCs.

It installed and activated without any problems onto my Windows 10 PC.

However when I ran a VBS script - Office 2016 Client Software License Management Tool that shows

* LICENSE NAME: Office 16, Office16ProPlusMSDNR_Retail edition

PRODUCT ID: 00197-74981-07025-AA830
    SKU ID: 44984381-406e-4a35-b1c3-e54f499556e2
    LICENSE NAME: Office 15, OfficeInfoPathR_Retail edition
    LICENSE DESCRIPTION: Office 15, RETAIL channel
    LICENSE STATUS: ---LICENSED---

---------------------------------------
    PRODUCT ID: 00351-35019-05195-AA711
    SKU ID: 84832881-46ef-4124-8abc-eb493cdcf78e
    LICENSE NAME: Office 16, Office16ProPlusMSDNR_Retail edition
    LICENSE DESCRIPTION: Office 16, RETAIL channel

---------------------------------------
    PRODUCT ID: 00217-40000-00000-AA966
    SKU ID: ba3e3833-6a7e-445a-89d0-7802a9a68588
    LICENSE NAME: Office 15, OfficeSPDFreeR_PrepidBypass edition
    LICENSE DESCRIPTION: Office 15, RETAIL(Free) channel
    ERROR CODE: 0x4004FC05 (for information purposes only as the status is licensed)
    ERROR DESCRIPTION: The Software Licensing Service reported that the application has a perpetual grace period.

What is this installed version of MS Office 2016? A MSDN subscription version that only legal to install under a MSDN prescription?

I contacted Microsoft support via chat providing them with the MS Office activation key and results from the vbs script and also gave them permission to investigate my Windows 10 PC MS Office 2016 installation remotely. MS support told me that they couldn't find anything wrong with the installation even after I told them I wasn't part of any MSDN subscription.

However I think their online support is for only MS Office consumer versions and they just don't have any information about MSDN, Volume licensing, commercial business packages, etc.

Anyway I'm wondering if this is legal to install on my home PC and that it requires some sort of MSDN subcription?

I think it's odd as Microsoft doesn't have any installers and validation processes that discerns between different MS Office validation key types.

The included Office 2016 Client Software License Management Tool (vbs script) does display license information for installed product keys as well as other information.
    I mostly upgraded MS Office to use Outlook under Windows 10, which I've been using since it first came out. I have Outlook 97 and 2002 and was previously running Window Mail under Vista before upgrading to a Windows 10 PC.

Since I've been using Outlook and Windows Mail for so many years I don't really want to switch to another mail client.

I found this 2pc version of Office for less than a new Office 2016 home and student version. However if it's an only MSDN prescription version I'm thinking of returning it and finding perhaps a earlier version of MS office so I can install and use the Outlook mail client under Windows 10.

:)

albert1, Aug 13, 2018
  2. Ralph Sta Win User

Office 2016 programs are not grouped under Microsoft Office 2016

Hi,

To address your concern, you can compress the view of your Microsoft Office programs inside a single folder in the Start Menu. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Go to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs.
    • Right-click on a blank space, click New > Folder.
    • Rename the New Folder as Microsoft Office 2016 (or any name that you want).
    • Highlight all the Microsoft Office 2016 programs.
    • On your keyboard, press Ctrl + X (make sure that all programs are highlighted).
    • Double-click Microsoft Office 2016 folder (the folder that you've created).
    • On your keyboard, press Ctrl + V.
    • Wait until all the programs are moved to the new folder.
    • Check the Start Menu if the settings are saved.

Let us know the outcome after you perform steps above for us to assist you further.

Ralph Sta, Aug 13, 2018
  3. Office 2016 programs are not grouped under Microsoft Office 2016

I had 2013 and Microsoft Office 2016 was the only entry listed and when you clicked on it you got a

drop down menu that listed all the components of Office. 2016 did not do it that way when I installed it

but listed each component individually.

Is there any way to group them under one entry?

Tom

TGMcCallie, Aug 13, 2018
  4. Microsoft Office 2016 installation, MSDN?

Office 2016 programs are not grouped under Microsoft Office 2016

When I click Start to show everything program on my computer the office individual products are not listed all under

Microsoft Office 2016 but they are all listed as individual start programs. Is this how 2016 does it because 2013 just showed Microsoft Office 2013 and you click on it and drop down menu shows all the programs such as Word, Access. etc.

Have I done something wrong when installing or can it be changed to all go under Microsoft Office 2016

Thanks

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

TGMcCallie, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Office 2016 installation, MSDN?

1. Microsoft Office 2016 installation, MSDN? - Similar Threads - Microsoft Office 2016

2. Reinstall Microsoft Office 2016

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall Microsoft Office 2016: Hi, I have a laptop and I'm planning to replace my old ssd with a new one and I will reinstall windows 10. Do i need to uninstall my Microsoft Office 2016 before reinstalling windows 10? NOTE: I'm using one-off payment Microsoft Office Home & Student 2016 Thank you in...
  3. Microsoft Windows MSDN

Microsoft Windows MSDN: Please tell me the difference between the windows we download from the Microsoft website with Windows Media Creation Tool and Windows MSDN? For what purpose Windows 10 MSDN is made? What are the extra features of Windows 10 MSDN? Who can use this?...
  4. Installing Office 365 over Microsoft Office Pro Plus 2016

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Installing Office 365 over Microsoft Office Pro Plus 2016: What is the best way to Install Office 365 (Home) over/in place of Microsoft Office Pro Plus 2016? When I went from Office 2013 to Office 2016, somehow both editions showed up at the same time when I viewed Office Account - Product activation. The more I tried to fix it...
  5. Microsoft Office 2016 Problem?

Microsoft Office 2016 Problem?: Got a problem. My grandfather wanted to install Office 16. Since he doesn't have a Microsoft account, he chose telephone activation. He couldn't handle the automated voice. As a result, he got a service representative. He deciphered the code to get the other numbers. But...
  6. Loading Microsoft Office 2016

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Loading Microsoft Office 2016: just got a new pc. loading Microsoft Office 2016. it loads, but when i go to open an application i get an error message of Oxc004f200. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/loading-microsoft-office-2016/b5bc5391-841a-421e-8fef-b665edb4c86d"
  7. Microsoft Office 2016

Microsoft Office 2016: I purchased Office 2016 and had it installed on my Windows 10 platform. Now, Office 2016 is no longer installed. Why the heavy handed update removal of Office? Why do I have to repeatedly reinstall this software? Why do I have to repeatedly prove I purchased this...
  8. Office 2016 - Custom Install

Office 2016 - Custom Install: I have used various Office product throughout the years and on install had the opportunity to "Custom Install" which allowed all types of changes from programme file locations to programmes to be loaded. My (detachable) laptop has a limited hard-drive size, and I would like...
  9. Office 2016 Installation Failed

Office 2016 Installation Failed: So I was trying to install Office 2016 Pro Plus (Volume licence) and every time I try it just ends up with Microsoft Office encountered an error during setup. This is incredibly frustrating and I have no idea why it's happening (since it doesn't display any specific error...
  10. Error installing Office 2016

Error installing Office 2016: HELP!!! I always get an error before the installer finish its installation. In my Previous OS(Windows 7 Ultimate), Office 2016 works fine. Few weeks after Installing Windows 10, something went wrong and everytime I open Word it asks to repair it. I already tried repairing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Office16ProPlusMSDNR_Retail edition

2. office16proplusmsdnr retail サブスクリプション

3. OfficeInfoPathR_Retail edition

4. 84832881-46ef-4124-8abc-eb493cdcf78e