Windows 10: microsoft office - access following a change in hard drives

Discus and support microsoft office - access following a change in hard drives in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I had paid for Microsoft office. My computer crashed and I purchased a new "used" hard drive. After logging on I noticed that I no longer was able... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by HewittDaniel, May 18, 2020.

1. microsoft office - access following a change in hard drives

I had paid for Microsoft office. My computer crashed and I purchased a new "used" hard drive.

After logging on I noticed that I no longer was able to access any of the word or excel files that I need to access. What must I do to reactivate the Microsoft Office software?

:)

HewittDaniel, May 18, 2020
  2. Paolo Mag Win User

Unable to access Drives

Hi Suneel,

One of the reasons why you're unable to access your hard disk or an external hard drive is that these drives have been corrupted. For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Are you trying to access external hard drives or just partitioned drives on your PC?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

Just to make sure, kindly verify if your hard drive is reflected in your Device Manager. Kindly follow the steps listed below to check it:

• Press the Start button.
    • Type Device Manager.
    • Under Disk drives, kindly check if there's an error on the hard drive listed.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Paolo Mag, May 18, 2020
  3. //mAr Win User
    Microsoft Office 2007 Beta 2 arrived

Today Microsoft released the puplic Beta 2 of Office 2007. It's available in English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish. After signing up on windows live, answer some questions, everyone can download the following products:
    • Microsoft® Office Professional Plus 2007
    • Microsoft® Office Visio® Professional 2007
    • Microsoft® Office Outlook® 2007 with Business Contact Manager
    • Microsoft® Office Project Server 2007
    • Microsoft® Office Project Professional 2007
    • Microsoft® Office Groove® 2007
    • Microsoft® Office Groove® Server 2007
    • Microsoft® Office Multi Language Pack 2007 – French/German/Japanese/Spanish
    • Microsoft® Office OneNote® 2007
    • Microsoft® Office SharePoint® Designer 2007
    • Microsoft® Office SharePoint® Server 2007 - Enterprise
    • Microsoft® Office SharePoint® Server 2007 - Enterprise(x64)
    • Microsoft® Office Forms Server 2007
    • Microsoft® Office Forms Server 2007 (x64)
    You can get it here

//mAr, May 18, 2020
  4. microsoft office - access following a change in hard drives

The computer crashes when accessing Microsoft Office on Windows 10

Hi Indu,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Do let us know the following information to assist you better with this issue:

• Does the system crashes only when accessing Microsoft Office product?
    • What exactly happens when you try to access Microsoft Office products?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message with this issue?
    • Which version of Microsoft Office have you installed on your device?

As a workaround, I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the System maintenance troubleshooter
    and check if it helps.

System Maintenance troubleshooter finds and clean up unused files and shortcuts and performs maintenance tasks.

Press Windows
    key and type Troubleshooting.

Select Troubleshooting and hit
    Enter.

Click on View all in the left pane of the window.

Select System Maintenance.

Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrading to Windows 10.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

If the issue persists only when accessing the Microsoft Office products, I suggest you to contact the below forums as we have a dedicated team to assist you better with this issue.

Microsoft Office Forums

Select the right category to post a query.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, May 18, 2020
Thema:

microsoft office - access following a change in hard drives

1. microsoft office - access following a change in hard drives - Similar Threads - microsoft office access

2. hard drive changing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hard drive changing: I have windows 10 running on my system on HDD. Upgradation to Windows 11 is available but I want to change my drive to SSD. I want to keep the license. What do I need to do first?...
  3. Hard drive change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hard drive change: Hey i got a pre built pc 3 years ago and i want to buy a new hard drive and i would like to to know how to install windows on the new hard drive using my old windows 10 and not buying a new key plz explain how i need to do it....
  4. No access to hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No access to hard drive: I have a windows 10 and a hard drive that I can not access. It shows on the computer, when I click on it, either it freezes or nothing happens. Ive tried update drive and unistall but nothing seems to work. I have even tried switching usp ports, nothing seem to fix the...
  5. Changing Hard Drives

Changing Hard Drives: My current Win10 C: drive is 2TB SATA and was wondering how hard would it be transfer the installation to a 1TB SSD drive. I am currently only using 161 GB of my 2TB, but was thinking about moving it to increase speed. 164367
  6. problem in Microsoft office issues of Hard disk changing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    problem in Microsoft office issues of Hard disk changing: I bought Lenovo ideapad s340 laptop on last year august month. It works well until January. After that there is a Hard disk error happens and I repaired it on service centre of Lenovo. They replace me a new hard disk. Now, the problem is I used the MS office account using...
  7. changing a hard drive

changing a hard drive: i have an hp probook 6467b 64 bit and i have win 10 enterprise running now. last dec. i had win 10 pro running, it ran perfect. then i tried to get the fingerprint scanner to work, i was instructed on other forums to add tons of files. i did that and my pc locked up. so i...
  8. Hard Drive Change

Hard Drive Change: I had to replace the hard drive in my laptop since the last one was no good and wouldn't boot up. How can I reinstall windows 10 on my new hard drive without having a product key or disk?...
  9. hard drive change

hard drive change: im about to upgrade my hard drive in win 10 to a larger one what do i need to do if the change knocks my product key out assuming a hard drive is a major change like a motherboard...
  10. changed access to external hard drive

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    changed access to external hard drive: I made a mistake by changing something I should not. My system is dutch so I must translate, which is probably not always clear, sorry for that. Here is what happened: I opened filebrowser and I saw a little icon with two heads under my external hard drive. I thought that...