Windows 10: Microsoft Office and Windows combined issue

Discus and support Microsoft Office and Windows combined issue in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft COmmunity, I am coming here, because I have not been able to get to anything close to a resolution through calling Microsoft support.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RockbridgeIT, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Microsoft Office and Windows combined issue

Hello Microsoft COmmunity,

I am coming here, because I have not been able to get to anything close to a resolution through calling Microsoft support. Windows tells me its an office issue, office tells me its a windows issue and they keep passing me around back and forth and I get no where. Maybe someone here can help.

The issue is strange in that it involves both of these products. I recently was hired as an IT admin for my locality. The locality had moved to Office 365 licenses for their email in 2013-2014, and went with licensing that provides web apps only. For that reason the locality would purchase perpetual Office Home and Business licenses for all end user PC's usually included in the purchase of the Dell PC. In the environment all of the users have local windows accounts, and the Office home and business licenses were installed with the one Microsoft account. In the past they would only sync their local Outlook to their Office 365 account and recently started doing this for Onedrive, word etc.

As we know Microsoft is pushing everyone to setup their Windows user accounts as Microsoft Accounts vs. local accounts. However when configuring windows the Office 365 accounts associated with my users the microsoft account is rejected as a school and business account. I either need to create a new Microsoft account for them or use the one I am using now. To avoid this I have installed users with local accounts. Then I go to install Office home and business license, and utilize "this" microsoft account for the installation.

What had occurred when I started was there were 3 or so end users whose devices were now syncing over windows. An example is one User would change her user icon image, and it would change the image on the other employees user icon. If that user changed the background of the desktop... it would change the background of another user. Initially I figured that when they were installed the former IT manager must have accidentally set their windows accounts to the same Microsoft account. I attempted to change those user accounts to local accounts instead, but the option was greyed out and blocked in settings.

Recently I purchased a new laptop for another employee. She was setup with a local account and I installed her Office home and business 2019 license with "this" Microsoft account. I SHOULD NOTE that there are multiple office home and business licenses associated with the account. Initially it seemed that the install was fine, we could setup her office account from Office 365 to sync her onedrive. Maybe 2 weeks later one of the employees who is shown under "devices" in the microsoft account reported that his screen saver changed. I checked the recently installed laptop and confirmed that her background change forced his background to change.

Somehow the users with local accounts devices are being synced in windows. Their office accounts are different and are not syncing.

1. I have seen in some documentation that past maybe 20-25 licenses with one microsoft account you start to run into problems. Is this what I am experiencing... do I need to create an additional Microsoft account to install perpetual office licenses?

If anyone has seen anything like this or needs additional details I can provide them. It is a strange issue and I have been struggling to resolve it.

:)

RockbridgeIT, Jul 6, 2020
  2. //mAr Win User

Microsoft Office 2007 Beta 2 arrived

Today Microsoft released the puplic Beta 2 of Office 2007. It's available in English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish. After signing up on windows live, answer some questions, everyone can download the following products:
    • Microsoft® Office Professional Plus 2007
    • Microsoft® Office Visio® Professional 2007
    • Microsoft® Office Outlook® 2007 with Business Contact Manager
    • Microsoft® Office Project Server 2007
    • Microsoft® Office Project Professional 2007
    • Microsoft® Office Groove® 2007
    • Microsoft® Office Groove® Server 2007
    • Microsoft® Office Multi Language Pack 2007 – French/German/Japanese/Spanish
    • Microsoft® Office OneNote® 2007
    • Microsoft® Office SharePoint® Designer 2007
    • Microsoft® Office SharePoint® Server 2007 - Enterprise
    • Microsoft® Office SharePoint® Server 2007 - Enterprise(x64)
    • Microsoft® Office Forms Server 2007
    • Microsoft® Office Forms Server 2007 (x64)
    You can get it here

//mAr, Jul 6, 2020
  3. Windows 10 upgrade, where is my Microsoft Office?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Type “Programs and Features” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Check if Microsoft Office application is listed in the list of installed applications.
    • If it is listed, then navigate to This PC>Local disc (CMicrosoft Office and Windows combined issue :)>Windows.old.
    • Check if the Office application is present there.
    • If still not found, then suggest you to install the application using the installation media.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 6, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Microsoft Office and Windows combined issue

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Office and Windows combined issue

1. Microsoft Office and Windows combined issue - Similar Threads - Microsoft Office combined

2. Microsoft Office Activation Issues

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft Office Activation Issues: Hi,I had to reformat my computer because it became corrupt. I saved my programs, personal files, but I didn't back up the registry where the key file would be stored?. I do still have the Office folder saved. I do have the key saved via purchase receipt though. I did a fresh...
  3. Microsoft Office Activation Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Office Activation Issues: Hi,I had to reformat my computer because it became corrupt. I saved my programs, personal files, but I didn't back up the registry where the key file would be stored?. I do still have the Office folder saved. I do have the key saved via purchase receipt though. I did a fresh...
  4. Microsoft Office Activation Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft office issue

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft office issue: every time I try logging into my account it says I'm restricted, what must I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-office-issue/4419438e-c1dc-455e-8a2d-bf5193988893
  6. Microsoft Office licensing issue

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft Office licensing issue: Please contact 65-98580935 I have bought DELL laptop 3 months ago and installed Microsoft Office life time free. Due to some technical issues DELL replaced new laptop. when i install Office it says you dont have a licence....
  7. login issue in microsoft office

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    login issue in microsoft office: my microsoft office are not working properly plz solve my issue because my id password are right but still i am facing many issue in login plz contact me on this id *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  8. Microsoft office - Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft office - Issue: I want to know my product key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-office-issue/f3d04eb8-9468-4d24-a4db-f3c8eaf0492b
  9. Microsoft Office issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Office issue: I have Microsoft Office issue because it was frozen for two days. The cursor moves but that’s it. Nothing responds. It is not expired, I think. I have really important unsaved files open and afraid I would lose them. What can I do to save them?...
  10. Microsoft will Combine Office 365 and Microsoft 365 Roadmaps

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft will Combine Office 365 and Microsoft 365 Roadmaps: In mid-September, the Office 365 Roadmap will become the Microsoft 365 Roadmap. In addition to retaining all the current information and functionality of the existing Office 365 Roadmap, the new site will include Microsoft 365 product features from Windows 10, Enterprise...