Windows 10: Microsoft Office calls the wrong email client

Discus and support Microsoft Office calls the wrong email client in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm doing this the below from within MS Office 365. It doesn't matter if it is Word, Excel, or Powerpoint. I'm trying to send a DOCX file as an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by StuartTeo, Mar 13, 2020.

1. StuartTeo Win User

Microsoft Office calls the wrong email client

I'm doing this the below from within MS Office 365. It doesn't matter if it is Word, Excel, or Powerpoint.

I'm trying to send a DOCX file as an attachment. However, Word calls Thunderbird instead of Outlook. My Win10 has set Outlook as the default mail client. I've also looked at Outlook itself and set Outlook to be the default app for everything it can handle. Below is how my Thunderbird settings look like:

Microsoft Office calls the wrong email client 044cdd53-f813-40e9-a84e-0115f8c3b931?upload=true.png

:)

StuartTeo, Mar 13, 2020

2. Questions related to default email client in Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and we regret for the inconvenience.

Please be informed that the Mail App is not an email client. The MAPI support for email is still available for email clients like Office Outlook.

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps setting the right email client as default.

Settings > System > Default apps > Look for the Email heading > Click on the current default email client just below heading > Click on the email client under the app menu.

Write to us with the updated status for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Mar 13, 2020
  3. //mAr Win User
    Microsoft Office 2007 Beta 2 arrived

Today Microsoft released the puplic Beta 2 of Office 2007. It's available in English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish. After signing up on windows live, answer some questions, everyone can download the following products:
    • Microsoft® Office Professional Plus 2007
    • Microsoft® Office Visio® Professional 2007
    • Microsoft® Office Outlook® 2007 with Business Contact Manager
    • Microsoft® Office Project Server 2007
    • Microsoft® Office Project Professional 2007
    • Microsoft® Office Groove® 2007
    • Microsoft® Office Groove® Server 2007
    • Microsoft® Office Multi Language Pack 2007 – French/German/Japanese/Spanish
    • Microsoft® Office OneNote® 2007
    • Microsoft® Office SharePoint® Designer 2007
    • Microsoft® Office SharePoint® Server 2007 - Enterprise
    • Microsoft® Office SharePoint® Server 2007 - Enterprise(x64)
    • Microsoft® Office Forms Server 2007
    • Microsoft® Office Forms Server 2007 (x64)
    You can get it here

//mAr, Mar 13, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Mar 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft Office calls the wrong email client - Similar Threads - Microsoft Office calls

2. Logging in to Microsoft account with the wrong email?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logging in to Microsoft account with the wrong email?: I received an email today that there has been suspicious login activity on my Microsoft account, associated with my Gmail address. My Microsoft account is rarely used and is under a Hotmail address. Now here is where it gets weird.If I start the login process with my Gmail...
  3. Logging in to Microsoft account with the wrong email?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Logging in to Microsoft account with the wrong email?: I received an email today that there has been suspicious login activity on my Microsoft account, associated with my Gmail address. My Microsoft account is rarely used and is under a Hotmail address. Now here is where it gets weird.If I start the login process with my Gmail...
  4. Wrong Microsoft account email address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wrong Microsoft account email address: I was trying to help set up my girlfriends Lenovo lab top and I used an incorrect email address for the administrator Microsoft account.I tried setting up an e mail account with that user name and it has been taken.It has not been verified.Can I change the administrator...
  5. New email client from Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New email client from Microsoft?: I heard recently of a new email client from Microsoft. I can't remember the name and I don't remember where I read it.Can you tell me if there is a new email client coming?Nigel...
  6. New email client from Microsoft?

New email client from Microsoft?: I heard recently of a new email client from Microsoft. I can't remember the name and I don't remember where I read it.Can you tell me if there is a new email client coming?Nigel...
  7. updating email client

updating email client: hiyaim getting the following error code when updating my yahoo account0x8019019awhat does it mean and how can i fix itthanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updating-email-client/4a7c8754-087a-4e39-9ce6-35e9ee828797
  8. Microsoft License Verification calls and emails

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft License Verification calls and emails: I've gotten two calls from people claiming to be from MIcrosoft saying I had to participate in some kind of license verification review. Today I got an email from a 'microsoft.com' email, but included this nugget: "During these unprecedented times organizations are focusing...
  9. I entered the wrong email when setting up Microsoft Office program

I entered the wrong email when setting up Microsoft Office program: Hello, I mistakenly put it the wrong email when I was setting up Microsoft Office program onto my father's laptop. I used "@hotmail.com" instead of "@outlook.com" and I didn't realize my mistake until much later since I was still able to go along with the set up. I was...
  10. email client

in Browsers and Email
    email client: I have Windows 10 pro and have been using Windows Mail; unfortunately it is erratic syncing and I just lost a valuable folder. It seems ok at times and I like its simplicity because I am at an average tech level. I have had other issues with it so have discontinued use....