Windows 10: Microsoft Office Click-to-run and Avast SecureLine service getting disabled after booting PC

Discus and support Microsoft Office Click-to-run and Avast SecureLine service getting disabled after booting PC in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10 is disabling 2 key services every time it starts up. The First is the Microsoft Office Click-to-run service which is needed to start Office... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ScottBrown_784, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Microsoft Office Click-to-run and Avast SecureLine service getting disabled after booting PC

Windows 10 is disabling 2 key services every time it starts up. The First is the Microsoft Office Click-to-run service which is needed to start Office 365 and the second is Avast SecureLine which is required for my VPN to run. Windows actually sets both of these as disabled. I have to go into the Services Module and reset them to Automatic every time the computer starts.

How do I prevent Windows from disabling these services?

***Original title: Windows 10 Automatically disabling key Services when the computer starts***

:)

ScottBrown_784, Mar 15, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Avast SecureLine

Hi Colin, Secureline comes as part of Avast Anti-virus:

Avast Securline is what it known as a VPN (Virtual Private Network)

Basically a VPN extends a virtual private network across the Internet

Applications running across the VPN may therefore benefit from the functionality, security, and management of the private network

As for, do you need it, well if you stick to mainstream websites, then no, if you use websites like torrenting websites and such, then yes you probably should run a VPN, but there are lots of free VPN's available and SecureLine, is not free . . .

DaveM121, Mar 15, 2019
  3. Colin 33 Win User
    Avast SecureLine

What is Avast SecureLine and does one need it?

Any help will be appreciated,

Colin

Colin 33, Mar 15, 2019
  4. Microsoft Office Click-to-run and Avast SecureLine service getting disabled after booting PC

Avast SecureLine

Avast Securline as said by Dave is a trial for VPN. If you feel you do not need VPN, disable it:

https://support.avast.com/en-in/article/Uninsta...

If I were in your position, I would have removed Avast too as a punishment for installing this crapware and use built in Windows Defender.

Sumit Dhiman2, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Office Click-to-run and Avast SecureLine service getting disabled after booting PC

1. Microsoft Office Click-to-run and Avast SecureLine service getting disabled after booting PC - Similar Threads - Microsoft Office Click

2. Is there a way to stop Office click-to-run service from running in the backgroud.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to stop Office click-to-run service from running in the backgroud.: [ATTACH] This Office click-to-run service hogs up too much memory sometimes even when not using office apps. It is really anonying because sometimes it affets the performnce of other programs. Is there a way to permanently stop this service or configure it in such a way...
  3. Avast Secureline VPN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Avast Secureline VPN: I want to learn more about the usage of Avast Secureline VPN before activation? It appears accessible on my Task bar although it is not turned on. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/avast-secureline-vpn/a3af4b8f-8cd7-4d26-85c0-b38b389c9bea
  4. What triggers the "Office click to run" service?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What triggers the "Office click to run" service?: Hi all, Jet again OCTR is causing trouble... We've set the OCTR service on manual start so it doen't start at boot-up. The goal is to only start the service when someone opens an Office app. Somehow the service still gets trigger within an hour of booting and at random...
  5. Microsoft Click To Run - disable

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Microsoft Click To Run - disable: I've tried searching for an answer but was not sure. I've got Microsoft Click To Run (SxS) running in Task manager. I have Office 2016 on my PC which I got thru HUP via my workplace. My PC is quite old & has only 4G ram. Its pretty slow these days so I was looking to see...
  6. Windows 10 is disabling Microsoft Office Click-to-run

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 is disabling Microsoft Office Click-to-run: After booting my PC, Windows 10 is disabling Microsoft Office Click-to-run. It occurs each time I boot the system. I found that Windows sets this service as disabled so I have to move into the Services Module and reset it to Automatic each time when I start the PC...
  7. Microsoft Office Click-to-Run Service / Cortana frustrations

Microsoft Office Click-to-Run Service / Cortana frustrations: After running services.msc, I open "Microsoft Office Click-to-Run Service" properties and apply DISABLED. At some point, and I haven't determined what triggers it, because I check after turning on laptop after an overnight shutdown and it will still show as DISABLED -- for a...
  8. Office system service is disabled

Office system service is disabled: Continued from: Rebuild Icon Cache in Windows 10 - Page 10 - Windows 10 Customization Tutorials Ok will give it a try and post update Thank you 86279
  9. Microsoft office click to run consuming bandwidth

Microsoft office click to run consuming bandwidth: At the first i thought it one time download, but every time i start my PC its begin to downloading and take so long because of my slow internet connection. Is there a way to disable this process without disrupting my Microsoft Office 2016 ?. I dont mind this process to run...
  10. msconfig-- service running but disabled?

in Windows 10 Support
    msconfig-- service running but disabled?: My first new thread and pictures speak louder than words: [img] Windows Defender is shown both running AND disabled. I have no third-party security or firewall. I am unable to select this service here (msconfig)-(but rightly set as 'Automatic' in services.msc) nor am I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. service click to run bloqué par avast

2. avast office click to run