Windows 10: "Microsoft Office click to run (SxS)" taking my Disk space

Discus and support "Microsoft Office click to run (SxS)" taking my Disk space in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just installed the windows update that came out yesterday and when I got on today my laptop is lagging with nothing open. So I checked my task... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ArianaSG, Feb 17, 2019.

1. ArianaSG Win User

"Microsoft Office click to run (SxS)" taking my Disk space

I just installed the windows update that came out yesterday and when I got on today my laptop is lagging with nothing open. So I checked my task manager and the Microsoft Office click to run (SxS) was/is taking up about 80-90% of my disk space. I have Microsoft office installed from a free version from my university. Is there something I can do to stop this from taking up so much space and lagging my computer down so much?

:)

ArianaSG, Feb 17, 2019

2. Microsoft Office click to run (SxS) killing my disk space

Hello All-

As of yesterday I started to experience this lag on my new laptop. I went to go check on task manager and found that a program called Microsoft Office click to run (SxS) was killing my disk space. I read that this program helps me connect to O365
    and if removed it will kill my connection. So far no one has a fix iin the forums I have ran into. Can some one assist? Also, my Anti Virus comes up as another with wsappx, Service host:local system (15), and system and compressed memory, but the ms takes
    the lead with sometimes going up to 30 MB/s.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Danilolobus, Feb 17, 2019
  3. Microsoft Office click to run (SxS) killing my disk space

Hi,

Please provide more information before we proceed:

1. Which edition of Office 365 are you using? Is it Office 365 Home/Personal/University or any Office 365 Business editions?

2. The appearance of 'Microsoft Office click to run (SxS)' in the Task Manager suggests that you might be running Office 365 side-by-side with some other version or edition of Office. Navigate to Programs and Features in Control
    Panel and check if you are running another edition or version of Office or a Microsoft application.

In the meantime, you may launch one of your Office 365 applications in Safe Mode and check if you still experience issues with spike in memory in Task Manager.

Refer to the steps in the article below to start the office applications in safe mode and see if it helps:

I get a "stopped working" error when I start Office applications on my PC

Hope the above step helps you to resolve the issue. Let us know the status.

Suvarna Govinda, Feb 17, 2019
  4. "Microsoft Office click to run (SxS)" taking my Disk space

Microsoft Office click to run (SxS) killing my disk space

I disabled the sxs service and could no longer use office 365. When I attempted to open a file the program would crash. Once sxs was restarted I was able to open files, but the hard drive is working overtime.

Thomas James T, Feb 17, 2019
Thema:

"Microsoft Office click to run (SxS)" taking my Disk space

1. "Microsoft Office click to run (SxS)" taking my Disk space - Similar Threads - Microsoft Office click

2. Updates taking Disk Space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates taking Disk Space: I got a new Dell Inspirion 3020 a few months ago. Every Windows Update consumes more and more disk space on the C drive. The properties box for the C drive does not have the usual DISK CLEANUP button. It has DETAILS instead. I can find DISK CLEANUP. CLEANUP SYSTEM FILES never...
  3. Updates taking Disk Space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updates taking Disk Space: I got a new Dell Inspirion 3020 a few months ago. Every Windows Update consumes more and more disk space on the C drive. The properties box for the C drive does not have the usual DISK CLEANUP button. It has DETAILS instead. I can find DISK CLEANUP. CLEANUP SYSTEM FILES never...
  4. Slowly running out of disk space - Cannot determine what's taking up disk space - System...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slowly running out of disk space - Cannot determine what's taking up disk space - System...: I had 105GB free on my C: drive, but after installing one WU Windows Update, it dropped down to 99,9GB. There's also Microsoft.SharePoint.exe process running, and it's stuck, consuming all the disk space. Now I have 99.2GB free. I cleaned up Prefetch, Local & Windows Temp...
  5. Slowly running out of disk space - Cannot determine what's taking up disk space - System...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slowly running out of disk space - Cannot determine what's taking up disk space - System...: I had 105GB free on my C: drive, but after installing one WU Windows Update, it dropped down to 99,9GB. There's also Microsoft.SharePoint.exe process running, and it's stuck, consuming all the disk space. Now I have 99.2GB free. I cleaned up Prefetch, Local & Windows Temp...
  6. Slowly running out of disk space - Cannot determine what's taking up disk space - System...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Office Products Taking Up Space ???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office Products Taking Up Space ???: I ONLY have Word 2010. I do not have Excel, Power Point etc., BUT Update History shows that updates for these products that I DO NOT HAVE, have been installed. Are they truly taking up space on my hard drive ? If the products are not installed, where are these updates going...
  8. Microsoft Office Click-to-Run Service / Cortana frustrations

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Microsoft Office Click-to-Run Service / Cortana frustrations: After running services.msc, I open "Microsoft Office Click-to-Run Service" properties and apply DISABLED. At some point, and I haven't determined what triggers it, because I check after turning on laptop after an overnight shutdown and it will still show as DISABLED -- for a...
  9. Microsoft office click to run consuming bandwidth

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Microsoft office click to run consuming bandwidth: At the first i thought it one time download, but every time i start my PC its begin to downloading and take so long because of my slow internet connection. Is there a way to disable this process without disrupting my Microsoft Office 2016 ?. I dont mind this process to run...
  10. Windows taking more disk space

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows taking more disk space: I have upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. Now, my C drive is almost full with 714GB occupied by "System and reserved". I was in an assumption that, Windows 10 was suppose to take less space. Can you please help me in this. 22430

Users found this page by searching for:

1. OfficeClickToRun.exe Microsoft Office Click-to-Run (SxS)

2. microsoft office click-to-run sxs

3. ms office click to run sxs

4. microsoft office click to run (sx),
  5. microsoft office click to run sxs disk,
  6. microsoft office click to run taking 100 disk,
  7. microsoft office click-to-run sxs disk,
  8. OfficeClickToRun.exe Microsoft Office Click-to-Run (SxS) 2019,
  9. microsoft click to run sxs disk usage,
  10. microsoft office click sxs 100% disk,
  11. office sxse,
  12. microsoft office click to run sxs disk usage,
  13. microsoft office click to run eating lots of space,