Windows 10: Microsoft Office File Validation Add-in

Discus and support Microsoft Office File Validation Add-in in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; This may be the ultimate deal breaker‏ for me. I have successfully blocked Microsoft Office File Validation Add-in for about 5 years on XP, Vista,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ARYLIOA, Aug 23, 2015.

1. ARYLIOA Win User

Microsoft Office File Validation Add-in

This may be the ultimate deal breaker‏ for me.

I have successfully blocked Microsoft Office File Validation Add-in for about 5 years on XP, Vista, and Windows 7. It is an update that makes loading and saving Office 2003, or Office 2007, files take at least 10 times longer than without it, and often much more. It is agonizingly slow. I assume the delay is based on the size of the file, since they claim they are scanning for stuff other than legal Office information. I also wonder if it isn't kind of a penalty to try to get you to update to a newer version of Office in disguise as a security feature.

Windows 10, of course, has applied it under their forced automatic-update rules. If you select "Uninstall Updates", on the listing of successful updates, you get a list of many updates which have been applied. (Most of which are not listed on the previous page's list of installed updates. ??????) That particular update, however, is not listed even though it shows on the previous page.

In searching for any related posts, I see that there is an equivalent for Office 2010, so unless they made great improvements in the processing, a lot of other people are having degraded file activity on Office products as well. That is, unless they are used to it because they hadn't blocked the update in their previous OS.

If I have to put up with such degraded performance from my Office products I may just revert to Windows 7.

Edit: I am assuming this is because I had the option to get updates for other Microsoft products checked. (Fortunately I had not done that on my other two computers.) Does anyone know how to remove that update. Rolling back the system is a no-go because that update was installed 4 days ago, days in which I installed software and made many configuration changes to the computer.

:)

ARYLIOA, Aug 23, 2015

2. Ctrl+O and Ctrl+N not working in Word 2007

It lists: Microsoft Office File Validation Add-In; Microsoft Office Outlook Connector; and Microsoft Office Small Business 2007.

LynnPeterson1, Aug 23, 2015
  3. REPEAT ERROR UPDATING FOR OFFICE VALIDATION

hello;

1:

microsoft office professional 2003 july 2005 = part. 269-08393

2:

yes i can install other updates.

3:

yes - wired connection computer to router .

4:

yes it auto downloads ( file ) starts to install , gets 3/4 installed , then the error pops up .

Microsoft Office File Validation Add-in - Error 0x8024002D.

5:

windows 10 is install , this an office update,

Microsoft Office File Validation Add-in - Error 0x8024002D.

michael kondracki, Aug 23, 2015
Thema:

Microsoft Office File Validation Add-in

1. Microsoft Office File Validation Add-in - Similar Threads - Microsoft Office File

2. Windows 11, Microsoft Office file validation add in, Install error 0x80240023

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, Microsoft Office file validation add in, Install error 0x80240023: Hello, on Windows 11, there Microsoft Office file validation add in, Install error 0x80240023 & it s not fixed irrespective of the retry attempts.Hence, Office cannot be validated.Can you please help me fix this? Thank you!...
  3. Windows 11, Microsoft Office file validation add in, Install error 0x80240023

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11, Microsoft Office file validation add in, Install error 0x80240023: Hello, on Windows 11, there Microsoft Office file validation add in, Install error 0x80240023 & it s not fixed irrespective of the retry attempts.Hence, Office cannot be validated.Can you please help me fix this? Thank you!...
  4. unlike ofther windows 10 updates why "Microsoft Office File Validation Add-in" will show a...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unlike ofther windows 10 updates why "Microsoft Office File Validation Add-in" will show a...: I have windows 10 home edition + Office 2007 which i newly install it. now inside windows update i got the following updates:-but if i click on next i will get this license agreement:-so is this normal as usually when installing windows and office updates we do not get such...
  5. Is csrss.exe a valid Microsoft file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is csrss.exe a valid Microsoft file?: Is csrss.exe a valid Windows file or a trojan/virus? If it is a valid file, what does it do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-csrssexe-a-valid-microsoft-file/5dc3654d-c054-4c33-b306-50b6172a7913
  6. add microsoft office

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    add microsoft office: how do I add microsoft office to Kindle? Tried the address I use to transfer docs and it didn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-microsoft-office/8f36c643-8fc4-41a5-a218-e342eef3ad56
  7. Validation of OS & MS Office

Validation of OS & MS Office: Hi, I have bought the operating system Windows 10 Pro include MS Office Pro Plus 2019 from Market. They sold them saying it is the Original License. I used the Validation tool to check if it's Original Product or not? But couldn't find the correct solution so i am sharing the...
  8. Issue with Windows Update installing Microsoft Office File Validation Add-in on Windows 10...

Issue with Windows Update installing Microsoft Office File Validation Add-in on Windows 10...: Hello All, I'm having an issue with re-installing Office 2007 on Windows 10 Version 2004 Build 19041.329. It all started with Office 2007 on Windows 10 Version 1909. HTML mail merge stopped working. I tried all the recommended solutions I could find through various...
  9. Validating Office

Validating Office: I have a new windows 10 computer. I installed my Ultimate Office 2007, but it will not accept my product key. How can I achieve this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/validating-office/6359927b-d252-4b3a-b227-b6f495ca0d85
  10. Security Alert - Office File Validation

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Security Alert - Office File Validation: I have several, rather large, Excel files. When I open one I get a window that says ..."Security Alert - Office File Validation"... . I did a Google search on it and get a lot of TechNo Babble that I don't understand. How can I get rid of this pop up without major...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file validation add-in

2. uninstall microsoft office file validation win 10

3. Microsoft Office File Validation Add-in - Error 0x8024002d

4. microsoft office validation add-in windows 10,
  5. microsoft office file validation add-in 2015