Windows 10: Microsoft Office JumpList File Count not updating

Discus and support Microsoft Office JumpList File Count not updating in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I rely heavily on jumplists, especially with Excel. I made the necessary registry edits that are well known to increase the number displayed files in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MoA_2020, Aug 21, 2020.

1. MoA_2020 Win User

Microsoft Office JumpList File Count not updating

I rely heavily on jumplists, especially with Excel. I made the necessary registry edits that are well known to increase the number displayed files in the jumplist and everything was working great. Well my organization did a repair of Office on my computer, and now my jumplist count reset to 10 recent files on my pinned Office products Excel, PowerPoint, Word and will not increase. I tried deleting the registry edit and then reinserting it to no avail. It is displaying the increased number just fine with non-Office programs i.e. Adobe Reader, Explorer, etc... but I cannot get the number of displayed files in the jumplist to increase on my pinned Office products. Any clue what I can do here?

:)

MoA_2020, Aug 21, 2020
  2. rfhar Win User

Jumplist problem

When I right-click on a pinned item on a taskbar Jumplist and the file is unavailable the item cannot be "Unpinned from the list", nor can the item be deleted from the jumplist. I first noticed this when the February update that borked my USB mouse. A
    lot of the items in the jumplist did not come up on the screen when I clicked on them but when I found the file and clicked on the file in it's containing folder opening the file up then clicking on the jumplist entry of the file would work again. It seems
    that I must have deleted the files in the folder but the jumplst entry of the file is borked and the file cannot be removed from the jumplist, but if the file does exist in a folder, opening it up in the folder fixes the jumplist entry so it will work again.

Any ideas?

rfhar, Aug 21, 2020
  3. I have added the file count column to my folder in File Explorer. However, the actual file count is not displaying.

Hi Loren,

I appreciate if you could answer a
    few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• How did you added file count column for folders in File Explorer? What are the steps did you followed?
    • When you say, "actual file count is not displaying" is this issue specific to any folder or happening with all folders?
    • Have you installed any third party anti-virus on your system?
    Meanwhile, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on View from navigation pane and choose Detail pane.
    Write to us with the above information and status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Aug 21, 2020
  4. Microsoft Office JumpList File Count not updating

Accessing the entries in a jumplist with the keyboard

Please read the question carefully.

Lwrnc asked about a method using the keyboard to quickly and precisely access jumplist items.

It has nothing to do with the contents of the jumplist.

In Windows7 I press Win+Alt+2 to display the jumplist of the task bar item #2 counted from the Start button. It works for all items from #1 to #0 (the 10th item).

As far as I observed this very practical approach has been removed in Windows 10.

I strongly suggest to restore it!

Thanks.

Andre Lehmann, Aug 21, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Office JumpList File Count not updating

1. Microsoft Office JumpList File Count not updating - Similar Threads - Microsoft Office JumpList

2. Dropbox will not cooperate with file explorer jumplist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dropbox will not cooperate with file explorer jumplist: A folder within my Dropbox folder refuses to appear in file explorer's jumplist's "frequent" list. All i can do as a workaround is place a shortcut of the pesky folder into a new folder and pin THAT into my jumplist - but it adds a click to my workflow. Any ideas? Dropbox...
  3. Microsoft Safety Scanner > Files Infected count

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Safety Scanner > Files Infected count: There's a bit of a UX problem with the scanner. As it is running it may encounter files that are suspected of being infected but indicate a count as: "Files Infected: XX"This suggests the files are infected and apparently no list of these potentially infected files are...
  4. Microsoft Safety Scanner > Files Infected count

Microsoft Safety Scanner > Files Infected count: There's a bit of a UX problem with the scanner. As it is running it may encounter files that are suspected of being infected but indicate a count as: "Files Infected: XX"This suggests the files are infected and apparently no list of these potentially infected files are...
  5. Windows 11 should stop counting ~$FileName.extension Office files as regular files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 should stop counting ~$FileName.extension Office files as regular files: Office created temporary files named ~$FileName.extension ex. ~$Word.doc shouldn't be counted as regular files as they don't show in the explorer view even with the show hidden file option enabled. Counting them as regular files just messes up backup and folder compare...
  6. Windows 11 should stop counting ~$FileName.extension Office files as regular files

Windows 11 should stop counting ~$FileName.extension Office files as regular files: Office created temporary files named ~$FileName.extension ex. ~$Word.doc shouldn't be counted as regular files as they don't show in the explorer view even with the show hidden file option enabled. Counting them as regular files just messes up backup and folder compare...
  7. Snips & Jumplists

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snips & Jumplists: I often wonder if people realize Snips can be done right from Snip & Sketch's 'commands' on its jumplist; don't, even have to go to/open its window. Speaking of jumplists... for so many things, their jumplists offer 'commands' that one can often work directly with/from an...
  8. slow jumplists for Office programmes like Word

in Windows 10 Customization
    slow jumplists for Office programmes like Word: Hi, i have an annoying problem: my jump lists do work, but for Office they are really slow. I have both Office 2010 (2-3 second delay before the list appears, sometimes longer) and Office 365 (1 sec delay). When I turn the jump lists off, there is no delay. I remember this...
  9. Mozilla jumplist

in Browsers and Email
    Mozilla jumplist: Anyone know of a reliable way to try and get jump lists back on Mozilla without resorting to uninstalling / reinstalling? If I right click the pinned Mozilla icon or it's entry in the start menu it no longer shows the jumplists, recent, private browsing etc. Just gives option...
  10. Directory file count

in Windows 10 Support
    Directory file count: Does anyone know of a program that when run will give you the number of files in each directory. Thanks Shane. 63754