Windows 10: MicroSoft Office Picture Manager Not opening Pictures when they double clicked on

Discus and support MicroSoft Office Picture Manager Not opening Pictures when they double clicked on in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi I have an issue with my Dell Optiplex 7050 win10 pro desktop pc (everything is up to date as per the windows update) The problem is that with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MarkDuncan7, Sep 23, 2019.

1. MicroSoft Office Picture Manager Not opening Pictures when they double clicked on

Hi

I have an issue with my Dell Optiplex 7050 win10 pro desktop pc (everything is up to date as per the windows update)

The problem is that with Micro Soft Office Picture Manager will not open pictures when I double click on the picture from within windows explorer. When I try to double click on any picture the pointer just changes to a circle for 10 to 15 seconds then the pointer reappears and the program doesnt open the picture.

But if i open Micro Soft Office Picture Manager and then navigate to the specific picture from within the program it opens up, now this is a complete and utter waste of my productivity having to mess about opening the program first.

I have ran a sfc /scannow as administrator from cmd (that find NOTHING wrong)

I have uninstalled picture manager, and rebooted and then tried a reinstall and still the issue persists.

Other picture managers open up the exact same files when i double click on them if i set them to be the default picture viewer, and when i revert back to office picture manager as the default viewer it fails again.

:)

MarkDuncan7, Sep 23, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Microsoft office picture manager is not working

Hi mihie

What version of Microsoft Office do you have installed on your PC - open a new file in Microsoft Word, go to File - Account

Office Picture Manager was removed from Office after Office 2010, so if you have a newer version installed, you will not have Office Picture Manager

If you are using Office 2010 or earlier, please let me know . ..

DaveM121, Sep 23, 2019
  3. cannot set pictures default to Office 2010 Picture Manager

I had a hard drive failure and W10 was reinstalled onto a new drive. I then installed Office 2010 and it is still showing as activated. Before the change all my picture file types opened in MS Office Picture Manager by default. Now they open in Microsoft
    Photos.

I have tried to change the default back to Picture Manager and although the icon appears on the list it will not accept it. Instead it changes to a blank square.

MicroSoft Office Picture Manager Not opening Pictures when they double clicked on a2e3c60a-4849-4e27-bb4b-285156df77fe?upload=true.jpg

It will allow me to chose Paint or Paint 3D

If I right click on an image I can open it in Picture Manager but there is no default option.

Have I missed something?

ashermanrr, Sep 23, 2019
  4. Edwin Win User

MicroSoft Office Picture Manager Not opening Pictures when they double clicked on

Office Picture Manager

I just realized something...

Some time ago, someone asked a question: "What ever happened to the Picture Editing App that had a 'Film Strip' on the bottom"

I think MS Office Picture Manager is it; not sure though, if we ever came to that conclusion.

MicroSoft Office Picture Manager Not opening Pictures when they double clicked on [​IMG]

Edwin, Sep 23, 2019
Thema:

MicroSoft Office Picture Manager Not opening Pictures when they double clicked on

1. MicroSoft Office Picture Manager Not opening Pictures when they double clicked on - Similar Threads - MicroSoft Office Picture

2. First picture opens when I open other pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    First picture opens when I open other pictures: I have windows 11 on my laptop. When I want to open several pictures / photos consecutively, the first picture I opened pops up behind all the consecutive pictures I open afterwards. And it's getting on my nerves. It wasn't always like this. Any thoughts of how to disable...
  3. First picture opens when I open other pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    First picture opens when I open other pictures: I have windows 11 on my laptop. When I want to open several pictures / photos consecutively, the first picture I opened pops up behind all the consecutive pictures I open afterwards. And it's getting on my nerves. It wasn't always like this. Any thoughts of how to disable...
  4. Microsoft Office Picture Manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Office Picture Manager: I have Microsoft 2007 64 bit installed. But only "Microsoft Office Picture Manager" is installed, because this is my Picture manager for a very long time and I do not want to move to another for making simple changes on images. Unfortunately, I am not in a position to make...
  5. picture manager

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    picture manager: picture manager https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/picture-manager/541a074f-f9a9-4428-ac71-5ff580913527
  6. Microsoft office picture manager is not working

in Cortana
    Microsoft office picture manager is not working: windows cannot find make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-office-picture-manager-is-not-working/85e34b1b-cac0-4305-b55d-d800e4865833"
  7. Office Picture Manager

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office Picture Manager: I tried to download the Office Picture Manger but Malwarebytes guaranteed each site that presented the download. Is this something new and how can get Picture Manager for a new installation? If I can't will someone point me to a near simple equivalent? My needs are very...
  8. Office Picture Manager

in Windows 10 Support
    Office Picture Manager: I tried to download the Office Picture Manger but Malwarebytes guaranteed each site that presented the download. Is this something new and how can get Picture Manager for a new installation? If I can't will someone point me to a near simple equivalent? My needs are very...
  9. microsoft picture manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    microsoft picture manager: Three days age my computer added an unblock box that I have to go into the general section of "properties" on each & every web photo that I have ever saved to my computer, so now When I click on a photo to enlarge nothing happens unless I click onto the properties tab for...
  10. Microsoft Office Picture Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Office Picture Manager: I was working on minor editing of some pictures in Microsoft Office Picture Manager. After I had edited about 30 pictures, I closed the last one and the box came up with all the pictures I had edited. It said there were changes that had not been saved. I clicked on Save and...