Windows 10: Microsoft Office Product Key Attached to Computer That No Longer Works

Discus and support Microsoft Office Product Key Attached to Computer That No Longer Works in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently was a victim of the Microsoft Surface UEFI issue after only 2 years of purchasing my Surface. After numerous attempts to fix the issue, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by fattilikeme, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Microsoft Office Product Key Attached to Computer That No Longer Works

I recently was a victim of the Microsoft Surface UEFI issue after only 2 years of purchasing my Surface. After numerous attempts to fix the issue, I gave up and purchased a new computer. Now my issue is trying to use my old product key for Microsoft Office that was installed on my Surface, so I can install it on my new computer. I can't remove/unistall Microsoft Office from the Surface, to make my product key usable for my new computer, because of the UEFI issue. What can I do to download Microsoft Office on my new computer without having to purchase Microsoft Office again?

:)

fattilikeme, Feb 2, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Microsoft Office no longer working

Hi Chris, follow these steps to perform a full repair of your Office installation . . .

Open Control Panel - Programs and Features

Click Microsoft Office in the list of installed applications

At the top, click 'Change'

On the resulting dialog, click 'Repair' - choose the Quick Repair first, if that does not resolve this, try the Online Repair, it is a comprehensive fix

That should fix any issues with your Office Installation . . .

NOTE: Please be advised, if you are running Office 2013 or earlier, before attempting a repair, have your Microsoft Office Product Key at hand, Office may need to be re-activated in some cases

DaveM121, Feb 2, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    Kari, Feb 2, 2019
  4. bobjoe Win User

Microsoft Office Product Key Attached to Computer That No Longer Works

Where to download Office 2007 with product key?

I put in my product key and solved the captcha, but then I see this:

Microsoft Office Product Key Attached to Computer That No Longer Works [​IMG]

After I click next, it asks me to sign in to a Microsoft Account. *Sad

I'm not interested in buying Office. I don't think I was clear, sorry. What I mean is that I already have Office 2007 Home and Student, purchased in 2008. I am trying to install it on a computer without a DVD drive and without having to create a Microsoft Account.

What do you mean, "black listed"? Black listed from what? I installed Office 2007 on my desktop using the DVD I bought in 2008 with no problems in Windows 10. Bill Gates once said a few years ago that ANY Microsoft software product that a person buys will always be compatible with later versions of Windows, and that applies to Office, of course.

bobjoe, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Office Product Key Attached to Computer That No Longer Works

1. Microsoft Office Product Key Attached to Computer That No Longer Works - Similar Threads - Microsoft Office Product

2. office product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    office product key: i reset my pc to factory settings and when i try to use office it doesn't work. even though i use my product key it doesn't work is there a way that i can fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-product-key/a9b78e80-5db7-4934-9f30-e13e3a398c5e
  3. Microsoft Office no longer working, help

Microsoft Office no longer working, help: An orange box, with the Office logo appears and the message "Updating Office, please wait a moment". This disappears then another box opens with the message "The application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000142. Click OK to close the application. I have windows 10...
  4. Office no longer working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office no longer working: Hi i have just done a update on my laptop of windows 10 and now I don't have any office at all, please advise. I have tried searching for it in files and nothing, how can this be,...
  5. Office product key, Microsoft HUP

Office product key, Microsoft HUP: I used to have working account created through Microsoft HUP. But it was removed. I want to find my Office 2016 product key but don’t know how I can do this...
  6. My product key no longer works

My product key no longer works: I had to have my old laptop reinstalled but now the product key for word says it is invalid anyone know why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-product-key-no-longer-works/3e34731e-30e3-41d8-aeb6-5289f1e576e7"
  7. Regarding product key of microsoft office

Regarding product key of microsoft office: I recently bought a laptop in which I got the licensed version of Microsoft office installed in it. But after a month, it asked for activation which required product key that I could not locate in the bills and slips I got during the purchase and now I am unable to use the...
  8. Microsoft Office no longer working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Office no longer working: At 10:50 PM tonight (PST) in the middle of working my computer suddenly went to a blue screen and "restarted". When it came back on my Office programs (Word, Excel) no longer will open any of my documents and I get the following message: "The operating system is not presently...
  9. Office 2010 Product key not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office 2010 Product key not working: My old laptop died and I had to purchase a new laptop. I have a 2010 office product key but cannot get it to download. It won't even recognize the product key. What can I do?...
  10. Microsoft Office 2010, Product Key in caps?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Microsoft Office 2010, Product Key in caps?: The subject says it all. I could not finish installation of Microsoft Office 2010. I have the Product Key but don't know if the maximum number of uses has been met. The website that the installation sent me to for entering the product key said that upper or lower case was ok....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft office no longer on computer

2. computer with microsoft no longer works

3. redeemed microsoft office no longer on account