Windows 10: Microsoft Office SDX helper- High CPU in background

Discus and support Microsoft Office SDX helper- High CPU in background in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Today while I was doing work my computer fans started whirring for seemingly no reason- all I had open was google chrome. I checked task manager and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mmotto, Mar 20, 2019.

1. mmotto Win User

Microsoft Office SDX helper- High CPU in background

Today while I was doing work my computer fans started whirring for seemingly no reason- all I had open was google chrome. I checked task manager and found on program, Microsoft Office SDX helper, was using large (as in 70%) CPU out of the blue. Worried that it would crash my computer, I hit end process and nothing happened, so I thought I had solved the problem. However, this evening went I went to do more work the same issue happened, and again SDX was the culprit. And now it just happened a third time.

I can't imagine what is causing it to do this. I had not opened any office programs since I last restarted the computer and it has not happened before today. For a short term fix, I uninstalled Office for my sanity and not needing to keep the task manager tab open all day. Does anyone know of this problem/how to fix this?

Moved from: Office/ Unknown/other / Windows other / Office 365 Home

:)

mmotto, Mar 20, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

System and compressed memory background process persistently consuming high CPU resources

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

1. Did you make any changes to your computer prior to this issue?

2. Which anti-virus program is installed on the PC?

High CPU usage occurs for various reasons, for example: virus/malware infections, out-of-date drivers, anti-virus programs or other third-party programs, etc;

Method 1: Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with system. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your System
    Maintenance.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the System Maintenance troubleshooter

Method 2: Check if the issue resolves in
    Safe Mode.

Refer this article to boot to safe mode:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

Steps to reduce the CPU usage.

1-Press "Ctrl," "Shift," and "Esc" on your keyboard. This brings up the task manager without any intermediary screen.

2-Click the "Processes" button on the task manager.

3-Click the "CPU" column header until the arrow next to the label points down.

4-Right-click a program you recognize that uses a high percentage of the CPU and click "End Process." Click "End Process" to reconfirm. This eases up on the CPU's load. Use this step if you're not using a process or if the process has stopped responding. Do
    not use this procedure for windows processes.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thanks.

Pavan_N, Mar 20, 2019
  3. ajs007 Win User
    Windows Explorer high CPU usage as Apps or Background Process...

3May2018...

Running Windows10 Home Ver 1709 latest OS Build on

Intel Core i5 CPU @ 3.8GHz.

Recently Windows Explorer has been running at high CPU usage 45% to 50%

Even when I am not using File Explorer - Windows Explorer runs as a Background Process as same high CPU usage...

First when will Microsoft stick to the new name File Explorer - instead of showing Windows Explorer as the app in the Task Manager...confusing :-(

Two - I saw someone else with the same problem and a ridiculous multi step cumbersome solution of creating another account (where Windows Explorer did not have high CPU) and then a painful exercise of trying to migrate all applications and files from one
    account to the other.

Apparently the original user account may have had a corruption....

Are there any simpler explanations out there on how to fix run away Windows(File) Explorer???

ajs007, Mar 20, 2019
  4. Microsoft Office SDX helper- High CPU in background

High CPU usage Microsoft Edge on video Streaming

Hi Sibtain,

Let's try to isolate the cause of this issue with the high CPU usage in Edge. We suggest that you clear your browsing data. Clearing your browsing data will help improve the performance of Edge. To clear, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open Edge.
    • Click on the three dots icon on the upper-right part of the screen.
    • Click Settings.
    • Under Clear browsing data, click on Choose what to clear.
    • Click on Clear.

You can also visit this link with a similar concern as yours and check the solution
    provided by Josette Sal.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Mar 20, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Office SDX helper- High CPU in background

1. Microsoft Office SDX helper- High CPU in background - Similar Threads - Microsoft Office SDX

2. CPU utilization - secure frame server helper

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU utilization - secure frame server helper: Hi,I am running Edition Windows 11 Home Version 22H2 Installed on ‎2023-‎04-‎12 OS build 22621.1555 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22640.1000.0 fslso.exe is causing my CPU to run at high capacity causing my computer to overheat. I can't find what this program...
  3. CPU utilization - secure frame server helper

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU utilization - secure frame server helper: Hi,I am running Edition Windows 11 Home Version 22H2 Installed on ‎2023-‎04-‎12 OS build 22621.1555 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22640.1000.0 fslso.exe is causing my CPU to run at high capacity causing my computer to overheat. I can't find what this program...
  4. High cpu

High cpu: My high cpu goes to 100 and back down on windows 11 got this on windows 10 as well when I move the mouse it happened and when I a open a app after it while goes back down on the apps but if keep moving the mouse with the app stays at 100 when i stop it goes...
  5. high cpu

high cpu: is it normal when i move the mouse or open a app the cpu goes to 100 and back down i have a made a question on this before no one reponsed back to the high cpu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-cpu/73caee2e-1aa8-4c74-896c-f7549ce38be1
  6. High CPU Usage from Microsoft Office Trusted Web Host

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High CPU Usage from Microsoft Office Trusted Web Host: I am all of a sudden getting high CPU usage and laptop fan keeps running see image. Outlook is the culprit because once I close it, it stops. This seems to have started after the latest update. Anyone have any ideas?...
  7. high cpu usage from idle system background processes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    high cpu usage from idle system background processes: (Windows 10 professional ver 20H2, Ryzen 5600x, id cooling se 224 xt cpu cooler, MSI B550-A Pro mobo) I have high CPU usage from background processes which makes my CPU fan run very loud. Whenever I open Processes Explorer or Task Manager to see what is making this happen, it...
  8. Microsoft Office Click-To-Run (OfficeC2Rclient.exe) High CPU usage in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Office Click-To-Run (OfficeC2Rclient.exe) High CPU usage in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Whenever a system hangs or freezes, the primary approach should be to check the disk usage in the Task Manager. In case high disk usage […] This article Microsoft Office Click-To-Run (OfficeC2Rclient.exe) High CPU usage in Windows 10 first appeared on...
  9. microsoft edge high cpu usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    microsoft edge high cpu usage: ok when I open Microsoft edge and when im doing simple task the cpu usage goes high so can anybody help me fix this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-high-cpu-usage/76783c6f-8e1f-464d-a54d-8b25f14db765
  10. Photos Background Task Host - High CPU usage!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Photos Background Task Host - High CPU usage!: Hello! I'm new here so I will make this short. I installed Windows 10 (10130 build) and I love it. The only problem that I'm having with it is this Photo Background app that eats my cpu(30-40%)! When I start up windows I need to kill it in task manager everytime. But even...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft office sdx helper

2. microsoft office sdx helper high cpu

3. office sdx helper

4. sdx helper,
  5. microsoft office sdx helper cpu usage,
  6. microsoft sdx helper,
  7. what is Microsoft Office SDX helper,
  8. microsoft office sdx helper high cpu usage,
  9. What is Microsoft SDX Helper,
  10. office sdx helper high cpu,
  11. microsoft office sdx helper cpu,