Windows 10: Microsoft Office Starter 2010 incompatibility

Discus and support Microsoft Office Starter 2010 incompatibility in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have Win 7 installed on my laptop and use MS Office Starter 2010 for simple word processing. It will disappear when I upgrade to Windows 10 (which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by oldie, Jul 27, 2015.

1. oldie Win User

Microsoft Office Starter 2010 incompatibility

I have Win 7 installed on my laptop and use MS Office Starter 2010 for simple word processing.
    It will disappear when I upgrade to Windows 10 (which is currently downloading).
    Would anyone using OpenOffice or LibreOffice confirm their compatibility once they have completed their Windows 10 installation.
    TIA

:)

oldie, Jul 27, 2015
  2. DennisR17 Win User

Install Server Not Responding in Windows 10

Thank you. I think the problem might be with Microsoft Office Starter 2010. This program came with my computer a few years ago. I have uninstalled this program, but keep getting a Windows update message: Update for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2883019) 32-Bit
    Edition...then, Failed to install. Is there a way to keep it from trying to install now that Office Starter 2010 has been uninstalled?

-------------------------------

SOLVED: When I uninstalled Office Starter 2010, Office Starter 2010 Click-to-Run did not install. I uninstalled it separately and now do not have this problem any more!

DennisR17, Jul 27, 2015
  3. jomac_ny Win User
    Windows 10 and Office Starter 2010

I think I have the same issue as ZevSharon. The only mention of Microsoft Office Starter 2010 is in Program Data and contains shortcuts to Excel and Word only. The actual program apparently disappeared. I also have Microsoft Office Click-to-Run 2010 on
    Q:\ which is not accessible. I have a file for Microsoft Office 2010 but when I click on that it looks for a product code which I don't have and never had.

I never received a message that the program was incompatible with Windows 10. If I had, I'd've stopped the upgrade and looked into it.

I checked Programs and Features in the Control Panel and it shows Microsoft Office Starter 2010 "installed" on 03/03/2016 (when I upgraded). Under size: bit fat blank space. Think it's truly gone. Don't suppose there's anything else I can do, is there?

Thanks.

jomac_ny, Jul 27, 2015
Thema:

Microsoft Office Starter 2010 incompatibility

1. Microsoft Office Starter 2010 incompatibility - Similar Threads - Microsoft Office Starter

2. Microsoft Office Starter 2010

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Office Starter 2010: My Microsoft Office Starter 2010 has stopped working mostly. I can't open my files, save for some plain text boxes I had up. When I went to repair it in Programs and Features it told me I couldn't, because I had no internet connection, but I did. I'm running Windows 7....
  3. Microsoft Office Starter 2010

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Office Starter 2010: My Microsoft Office Starter 2010 has stopped working mostly. I can't open my files, save for some plain text boxes I had up. When I went to repair it in Programs and Features it told me I couldn't, because I had no internet connection, but I did. I'm running Windows 7....
  4. microsoft office starter

in Cortana
    microsoft office starter: cannot open this program have tried to fix it but nothing...after I fix it I receive the following message: "The app cannot be opened, try again or repair the product in Control Panel"..I did this but did not fix......
  5. Help to delete "Micosoft Office Starter 2010"???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help to delete "Micosoft Office Starter 2010"???: I'm upgrading to Windows 10 from 7, but I cannot even find "Starter" let alone delete it. It's not in the list of programs and apps. Where else would it be hiding? Thanks, Larry...
  6. Office 2010 Starter Default Printer issues

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2010 Starter Default Printer issues: Before we start I know that Office Starter 2010 is not officially supported on Windows 10, but up until now it seemed to have worked OK if you upgrade from Windows 7 with it installed. I have noticed this problem on two separate computers, both have HP Printers (not sure if...
  7. Office Starter 2010

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office Starter 2010: Can I use Office starter 2010 on new computer with windows 10 1809. I used the to go device but it would not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-starter-2010/1e4d7423-fc88-4a2d-b840-84632eebd4f6
  8. Office Starter 2010, compatibility with Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Office Starter 2010, compatibility with Windows 10?: Office Starter 2010 was an option available with OEM pre-installed Office 2010 supplied with a new Windows 7 PC. With a pre-loaded OEM copy of Office 2010 you had the choice, when starting Office for the first time, of purchasing Office 2010 from your OEM or installing the...
  9. Microsoft Word Starter 2010

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Word Starter 2010: I have been using the Word Starter 2010 since the day I purchased this laptop. It was on laptop at purchased. Every since I updated to Windows 10, I have been locked out of it. How do I get it back...for free....
  10. microsoft word starter 2010

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    microsoft word starter 2010: Unable to open. Keep getting a little box that tells me it can't be opened..."fix." Have tried fixing it - doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-word-starter-2010/6bbd74c0-f9b3-4903-b60e-b79ef9d50b20

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to install micosoft office 2010 windows 10

2. office 2010 starter not running win 10 1809