Windows 10: Microsoft Office Update forced reboot during active hours

Discus and support Microsoft Office Update forced reboot during active hours in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi folks, System is running Windows 10 Enterprise 64 bit, centrally managed, but with active hours set for 6am - 9pm (which I presume means 7 days... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by notonyourtintype, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Microsoft Office Update forced reboot during active hours

Hi folks,

System is running Windows 10 Enterprise 64 bit, centrally managed, but with active hours set for 6am - 9pm (which I presume means 7 days per week).

Today it decided to update Microsoft Office and related bit, and then do a reboot. Examining the Event Logs show this was an "unexpected reboot," and the fact that it was in the middle of a LONG disk copy was especially irritating.

When I searched on "Windows 10 update reboot during active hours" I find a LOT of threads in that topic space on this forum, but all of those threads are already locked.

Windows 10 Enterprise does have a "postpone updates" button, which in theory puts off a reboot due to updates for 14 days. Windows 10 home does not have that friendly button (that I've found so far).

Can anybody help us get a real, live "don't mess me around with updates until I ask for them" thingy into Windows 10? Or a mix of features and policy setting and such that will let us do that?

Thanks!!!

:)

notonyourtintype, Nov 10, 2018
  2. HiSpeed Win User

MS Office 2007 no more activated...

I contacted a support manager and the situation is:

1. With all my hardware modifications, I reached the limit number of activation (8).
    2. Microsoft is no more capable to force a new activation.
    3. They suggested me to uninstall and reinstall Office in order to redo an activation.

This last point is not good for me because of the time required, specially with the online updates.
    May be, I have only to delete the product key into the registry but Microsoft is not able to confirm.
    Do you have an idea before I try to crack it?

HiSpeed, Nov 10, 2018
  3. NdMk2o1o Win User

Download an iso with all updates and use your serial.

NdMk2o1o, Nov 10, 2018
  4. Microsoft Office Update forced reboot during active hours

personally i dont its over the edge if you crack it since you buy it legally, but its better not do it
    btw is that 2007 could run by serial number?

micropage7, Nov 10, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Office Update forced reboot during active hours

1. Microsoft Office Update forced reboot during active hours - Similar Threads - Microsoft Office Update

2. Windows updating during active hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updating during active hours: Windows is always updating and saying update is 100% complete and updates for long period of time . How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-updating-during-active-hours/123aeb5a-64cd-4269-85b8-64a7ad6cc443
  3. Windows updating during active hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows updating during active hours: Windows is always updating and saying update is 100% complete and updates for long period of time . How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-updating-during-active-hours/123aeb5a-64cd-4269-85b8-64a7ad6cc443
  4. Windows updating during active hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Preventing Windows Update Downloads during active hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Preventing Windows Update Downloads during active hours: Sometimes I notice that my Edge browser is very slow to respond. It is very annoying when I am trying to getthings done. An hour or so later I get a message from Windows Update that my device will restart outside of active hours. Is there any way to postpone Windows downloads...
  6. Updates active during non active hours

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Updates active during non active hours: Have updates to go off from 12-7am cause my internet is alright during these times. Whenever I hop on my pc during a time that isn't during that specification, it does it anyway. This has started within the last month and I've tried re-editing the time schedule but it seems...
  7. Windows Update preparing/running during active hours

Windows Update preparing/running during active hours: Good afternoon, This is a followup to the followup of my original question from 2017, both of which have been locked for inactivity. I am having essentially the same exact problem, which never went away. "From [the original] thread: "1) Background processes related to...
  8. Update during active hours

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update during active hours: If I choose to update during active hours do I need to adjust the active times before I start? Len 138957
  9. Windows Update preparing/running during active hours

Windows Update preparing/running during active hours: Good afternoon, This is a followup to the original question here, which has since been locked for inactivity. From that thread: "1) Background processes related to Windows Update were affecting my computer performance during my active hours." There was no clear resolution...
  10. Windows Updates downloading and installing during active hours

Windows Updates downloading and installing during active hours: Hi Windows 10 updated always downloads and installs updates during my active hours which slows the computer to a crawl. I have checked and double checked the active hours settings and it still downloads and installs the update (luckily it doesn't auto restart). Why is...